PDA

View Full Version : Guntec USA Ar-15 Rails....OPINIONS?

protoolsnerd
02-24-2011, 12:50 PM
I have yet to find anyone with feedback on these rails. They seem like they have a decent idea going with fairly robust material. For 2 piece rails they look like an awesome deal with a quality product....the whole no movement thing intrigued me since a lot of the rails around have a bit of play to em.

has anyone bought them, installed them.....pros .... cons?

If i had the cash i would go with a daniel defense or troy or something of the like..... but for now it's budget rail time with either Guntec or Yankee Hill

Aaron

tomd1584
02-24-2011, 2:54 PM
they look pretty darn identical to the UTG quad rails.

Write Winger
02-24-2011, 2:59 PM
Let's see if this rails question gets as many responses as the new girl, lol

protoolsnerd
02-24-2011, 3:35 PM
Hehe doubtful....I still think she's some bored *** guy getting his jollies.

TOMD.....i was thinking that myself i was looking at some UTG rails today.....any thoughts on them?

MrPlink
02-24-2011, 4:56 PM
Hehe doubtful....I still think she's some bored *** guy getting his jollies.

TOMD.....i was thinking that myself i was looking at some UTG rails today.....any thoughts on them?

well, since it seems like you are into recording, let me compare UTG to a product you are probably very familiar with.

UTG is like Behringer. Its cheap and does the job, def not the best by far, and probably not a good idea for a professional application.

With that said, I actually have a UTG rail on my AK. Seems good enough for mounting grips, and maybe a flash light. The metal seems a bit too soft for optics IMO.

protoolsnerd
02-24-2011, 5:32 PM
HAHAH nice comparison....and that speaks volumes.....HA VOLUMES....gotta love audio humor.

I think i'm going to go with a Yankee Hill . I was just chatting with my friendly local gunsmith and he has a yankee on his ar.....for what i need it to do now.....it's perfect. But i'm still kind of intrigued by GunTec though. Their product demo seemed really solid. Being that i'm not going with a free floated rail right now , i want as little play as possible

protoolsnerd
02-28-2011, 12:22 AM
Update: got to get my hands on a guntec rail at the Ventura show this weekend . Felt fairly cheap and light . Generally that denotes poor quality . I did not go with it , I went with a yhm diamond series mid length upper