PDA

View Full Version : Can I SELL a gun with an interim driver license?

JeffCinSac
02-24-2011, 9:46 AM
Discuss.

awall919
02-24-2011, 2:52 PM
it should be fine if it has your picture on it.

ironcross
02-24-2011, 3:05 PM
Well,

A Permit - No
A Temp DL - No

If you read up at the top it clearly states that "Not for ID purposes" and on the back if a photo receipt "This is not a verified form of identification and is not to be accepted as a valid driver license, instruction permit, or identification card".

Just like you wouldn't be able to buy any tobacco products or alcohol with it.

My .105 cents

JeffCinSac
02-24-2011, 4:41 PM
To clarify. I have a DL which is now expired. The DMV punched a hole in it upon renewal and gave me an interim paper copy with instructions to carry both until my new DL comes in the mail. I understand I cannot BUY a new gun with these documents. Can I SELL one?

ironcross
02-24-2011, 5:53 PM
To clarify. I have a DL which is now expired. The DMV punched a hole in it upon renewal and gave me an interim paper copy with instructions to carry both until my new DL comes in the mail. I understand I cannot BUY a new gun with these documents. Can I SELL one?

No, You need a VALID form of photo identification.

Also I think it has to have your physical address on it. IIRC I saw on an other thread that someone had to use his valid photo ID plus his DMV print out that has his name and address for selling.

Tacit Blue
02-24-2011, 7:38 PM

You don't exist anymore according to State..... A expired DL, can't even get you beer at a liquor store in most cases.

ALSystems
02-24-2011, 7:46 PM
You probably could vote with an expired Driver License.
Remember lots of felons and dead people vote so it seems someone isn't too fussy about checking. :rolleyes:

But no to buy/sell gun or buy tobacco or alcohol or gambling.
I guess you could still sell a C&R rifle though.