PDA

View Full Version : Romanian AK47 pistol grip sleeve...

rbbbass
02-24-2011, 9:53 AM
Last year I bought a Romanian AK variant that came with a pistol grip sleeve. That thing is so annoying and unnatural feeling. I want to replace the grip with an ergo grip. Does anyone know how I can have the magazine safety put on it so that I can use it with the new pistol grip and no sleeve? I've seen others with some sort of safety that is CA legal and no sleeve. Didn't have a chance to ask them about it. sorry for the long text. thanks

69Mach1
02-24-2011, 9:56 AM
Look up solar tactical magazine lock, or assault planet/prince50 magazine lock.

ghost
so you want to install an ak mag lock?just remember since youre using a pistol grip now you can only use 10rd mags.

xxINKxx
There's a few different mag locks out there that fit the Romanian (wasr) I have a raddlock, they are all in the 30$ range. There's other brands other then raddlocks.

http://www.riflegear.com/p-554-ak47-bullet-button.aspx

http://www.riflegear.com/p-268-raddlock-ak-series-magazine-lock-with-key.aspx

Donk310
02-24-2011, 9:58 AM
Last year I bought a Romanian AK variant that came with a pistol grip sleeve. That thing is so annoying and unnatural feeling. I want to replace the grip with an ergo grip. Does anyone know how I can have the magazine safety put on it so that I can use it with the new pistol grip and no sleeve? I've seen others with some sort of safety that is CA legal and no sleeve. Didn't have a chance to ask them about it. sorry for the long text. thanks

Yeah.. those sleeve things... you can have em'. I will stick to a bullet button / safety. You should be able to order on on the net somewhere. Just do a search. I have one on my AK. Its good to go, and pretty simple to install. You should be able to figure it out just by looking at it.

bigthaiboy
02-24-2011, 10:21 AM
Just remember, to stay legal, install the mag lock first, any only then remove the kydex pistol grip sleeve.

rbbbass
02-25-2011, 2:22 PM
Thanks for the links. I've ordered the button from Assault planet. Looking forward to taking the AK back to the range again.