PDA

View Full Version : Save the Children!

acegunnr
09-27-2006, 9:33 AM
Do you guys have an answer to this problem?

Squirrel Attacks Plague Silicon Valley Community
Animals Might Have Rabies, Officials Say

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. -- A surge in squirrel attacks in a Silicon Valley town has parks officials looking to crack down on the aggressive rodents.

Squirrels in a single Mountain View park have jumped into a child's stroller and bitten at least three people in the past three months.

A 4-year-old has endured painful rabies shots after a brown tree squirrel viciously bit and scratched him last week.

Park rangers at Cuesta Park plan to set traps, ramp up patrols and discourage visitors from feeding the wildlife.

The county public health officer said the unprovoked attack meant the squirrel might have rabies.

JPglee1
09-27-2006, 9:45 AM
Or, maybe the Squirrels are sick of unwarranted harrasment by immigrants (us) and they're fighting back...

http://gold.mylargescale.com/MikeReilley/squirrel%20with%20machine%20gun.jpg
JIHAD JIHAD...

I think we should declare an all-out war on the squirrels...

J

wildcard
09-27-2006, 10:15 AM
How do I enlist? :p

VeryCoolCat
09-27-2006, 11:07 AM
Heh a while back, this town contracted exterminators to use bbguns to kill rabbits that were destroying their gardens.

NRAhighpowershooter
09-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Contact rosie.. she hates squirrels.........

CalNRA
09-27-2006, 4:27 PM
Contact rosie.. she hates squirrels.........

give her some hot sauce and let her loose in the park. I'll tape it and sell it on the Internet.

acegunnr
09-28-2006, 6:52 PM
I can't believe this thing made the Drudge Report (http://www.nbc11.com/news/9946298/detail.html?rss=bay&psp=news)

Some excerpts from the loonies:

NBC11 and NBC11.com first ran this story Wednesday and it stirred up a lot of outrage with viewers.

Many have e-mailed, saying that euthanizing the squirrels is the wrong response.

One viewer wrote, "I come to the parks to watch the wild animals, not the humans. I will no longer visit your parks knowing that any of them have become a killing ground for natural wildlife."

Wildlife advocates also oppose the unusual measure of killing the animals and said it won't solve the problem.

"The squirrels will be back," South Bay wildlife rehabilitator Norma Campbell said. "For every one you take out, two more will come in. It could be a never-ending project that isn't going to accomplish anything."

:rolleyes:

jumbopanda
09-28-2006, 10:23 PM
but shooting stuff is fun! :D

"The squirrels will be back," South Bay wildlife rehabilitator Norma Campbell said. "For every one you take out, two more will come in. It could be a never-ending project that isn't going to accomplish anything."

:rolleyes:

33% fewer rabid squirrels is better than nothing

i say we mow the little buggers down with this :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTR3ZOESaaA&mode=related&search=

taloft
09-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Build a self cocking catapult that will rebait itself after each furry missile. Then aim it at the nearest PETA, Sierra Club, Liberal, type hangout.:D
Let them house the rabid little varmints since they are so concerned.

EvolutionGSR
09-28-2006, 11:46 PM

....Is she serious? Did she seriously say that? For every squirrel that dies two more come in? Is there something about squirrels that I don't know? Then what is the point of her job, rehabilitating animals....she should let them die so that two more come in.

I bet a bunch of cal gunners are willing to do some "community service" to silicon valley and rid them of the vile pests (must be done OUR way of course)!! We'll do it for the children!! Now you can really tell who are the nutjobs when they're going to protect the varmint over the children.

dwtt
10-01-2006, 8:40 PM
I have a Ruger Mk II and live close enough to Mountain View to be there within an hour of a phone call. I hope they call me.

Pokey
10-02-2006, 8:55 AM
Any of you ever listen to Tim Bedore? He has and animal conspiracy theory that explains attacks by squirrels (they are usually only recon), big head carp, moose, deer, bears, etc. It's prety funny, I'll try to find a link.

rod
10-03-2006, 9:10 AM
Squirrel Stew

2 squirrels cleaned and cut into pieces Dutch oven
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 large onions, chopped
4 cups water
4 beef bouillon cubes
1 large potato cubed
2 large carrots, diced
2 ribs celery, diced
2 cups frozen lima beans
2 14 1/2 ounce cans diced tomatoes
2 cups frozen corn kernels
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
3 tablespoons flour
Directions
Dredge squirrel in flour, salt and pepper
Heat olive oil and garlic in large Dutch oven and brown squirrel
Add onions and cook until soft
Add water, bouillon cubes, potato, carrots and celery
Cover and simmer for 1 hour
Add lima beans, tomatoes, corn, Worcestershire and sugar
Cover and simmer for 30 minutes
Mix 3 tablespoons flour with 1/2 cup cold water, stirring until smooth
Add to stew and simmer until slightly thickened
Season to taste with salt and pepper

pepsi2451
10-08-2006, 2:48 PM
Any of you ever listen to Tim Bedore? He has and animal conspiracy theory that explains attacks by squirrels (they are usually only recon), big head carp, moose, deer, bears, etc. It's prety funny, I'll try to find a link.

http://www.vaguebuttrue.com/genius.htm

click on TheOtherAnimalsAreAginUs
Very Funny:D