PDA

View Full Version : Pala shooting Range in Temicula

diego-ted
02-24-2011, 5:33 AM
It looks like a nice place to shoot; however, you have to be a member or a guest of a member to shoot there. Is there any Calgunners that would mind signing me in as a guest one of these times the member is going to be there?

Just a shameless request! LOL

Diego

teufeldoc
02-24-2011, 9:29 AM
You can sign yourself in as a guest, you don't need a sponsor. They will let you shoot up to 3 times as a guest (IIRC) before asking you to become a member. Membership isn't bad. $50.00 a year, free for active duty and active LEO. Hope to see you out there.

evidens83
02-24-2011, 9:55 AM
$50 annual membership? The form says per family is that correct? So I can take my wife and kids if I wanted to for free? Is it just a rifle range or is there pistol range also? Steel targets? Any "tactical" course layouts? I always wanted to shoot outdoors but most ranges seem to be in LA area or BLM land.

Droppin Deuces
02-24-2011, 10:18 AM
$50 annual membership? The form says per family is that correct? So I can take my wife and kids if I wanted to for free? Is it just a rifle range or is there pistol range also? Steel targets? Any "tactical" course layouts? I always wanted to shoot outdoors but most ranges seem to be in LA area or BLM land.

They have two different rifle ranges(high power and cowboy) and a pistol range with resettable targets. Also a few lanes for rimfire only.
The pistol range needs some work, but it's still a lot more fun than going to Iron Sights.

All targets are steel except for the boards where you can set up your own paper targets otu as far as 500 yards or so.

I can't believe more folks don't know about this place.

They do have 3-gun matches there once in a while, but I don't believe they leave the courses up for people to use.

donking
02-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Probably get more response in the Shoots forum
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=115

Knife Edge
02-24-2011, 11:02 AM
When are the pistol ranges open? I know the rifle is open most Fri and Mon. Thanks.

Droppin Deuces
02-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Same days as the rifle range, unless they're using the cowboy range.

teufeldoc
02-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Here's the NCSA Pala Web site: http://www.ncsapala.com/ Check it out and see what you think. The long range goes out to 887 yards. There are links to the schedules and events as well.

MaHoTex
02-24-2011, 12:16 PM
The schedule of events at that place looks full. When can you just walk in and go to a lane and shoot? Is the schedule deceiving or what?

Untamed1972
02-24-2011, 1:31 PM
They have two different rifle ranges(high power and cowboy) and a pistol range with resettable targets. Also a few lanes for rimfire only.
The pistol range needs some work, but it's still a lot more fun than going to Iron Sights.

All targets are steel except for the boards where you can set up your own paper targets otu as far as 500 yards or so.

I can't believe more folks don't know about this place.

They do have 3-gun matches there once in a while, but I don't believe they leave the courses up for people to use.

I think part of their problem though is that the only days for just open shooting are are midweek days during the day....like as in when most people hafta be at work. The rest of week and most weekends are consumed with various matches.

So if you're looking for a place to just go and shoot when you want to what they off is limited, but they do have the longest range, out to 900yrds I think, in San Diego.

Droppin Deuces
02-24-2011, 1:43 PM
I think part of their problem though is that the only days for just open shooting are are midweek days during the day....like as in when most people hafta be at work. The rest of week and most weekends are consumed with various matches.

So if you're looking for a place to just go and shoot when you want to what they off is limited, but they do have the longest range, out to 900yrds I think, in San Diego.

Oh yeah...work. Heh:o

Droppin Deuces
02-24-2011, 1:44 PM
The schedule of events at that place looks full. When can you just walk in and go to a lane and shoot? Is the schedule deceiving or what?

Monday is the only day that is totally open.

rareair
02-24-2011, 3:25 PM

Membership is $50. In addition, you must still pay $15 per visit/$20 per guest

Knife Edge
02-24-2011, 8:26 PM
Same days as the rifle range, unless they're using the cowboy range.

They shoot pistol on rec days? I'd love to shoot pistol there but I'd swear I've never seen anyone over there on a Monday or Friday. Then again I've never asked either.

Ub3rDorK
02-24-2011, 8:28 PM
I heard that unless you are LEO you basically have to move outa the way when youre there if a LEO or whatever come to shoot. I have a soon to be father in law that is CHP with access..I havent been yet but I would love to go to shoot some long range action.

Droppin Deuces
02-24-2011, 8:59 PM
They shoot pistol on rec days? I'd love to shoot pistol there but I'd swear I've never seen anyone over there on a Monday or Friday. Then again I've never asked either.

Yeah, I wasn't sure at first, but brought my pistol one day just in case. The guy said go for it and I ended-up spending almost two hours over there.
When you sign in, just ask if it's ok to use the pistol bay that day.

Droppin Deuces
02-24-2011, 9:00 PM
I heard that unless you are LEO you basically have to move outa the way when youre there if a LEO or whatever come to shoot. I have a soon to be father in law that is CHP with access..I havent been yet but I would love to go to shoot some long range action.

Is that true? I had no idea. I usually go with one of my friends who is CHP.

j4strngr
02-24-2011, 10:58 PM
Hmmm sounds difficult no wonder it's not too popular.... I wonder if it can be rented

Ub3rDorK
02-24-2011, 11:21 PM
im not sure but im hoping to go there sometime soon....ill come back with a nice report haha

Droppin Deuces
02-24-2011, 11:36 PM
It's not crowded on Mondays, so I don't think it would matter either way. I've never had trouble getting a lane.

Knife Edge
02-25-2011, 3:55 AM
It's not crowded on Mondays, so I don't think it would matter either way. I've never had trouble getting a lane.

That is fantastic, I love that place. Just another reason to spend more time out that way. Bummer I didnt figure this out sooner :(

Shark06
02-25-2011, 10:35 PM
Knife Edge,

I might go this Monday if you are interested. Again, I've only shot USPSA and 3 Gun matches there as I'm also a LdF member.

Shark

tunetyme
01-07-2013, 1:35 PM
Hasn't been commented on in a while. Any improvements to the Pala range any recent reviews would be appreciated. Thanks

Droppin Deuces
01-07-2013, 4:21 PM
The firing line on the pistol range is covered now.

Oh, and someone shot me in the leg there last May. But don't let that deter you at all. It was a pretty freak accident. I'm still alive, all is good, etc. :thumbsup:

Just Dave
01-07-2013, 6:09 PM
I guess I found a new place to go on Mondays.

64physhy
01-07-2013, 6:14 PM
Hey Ted. I didn't know you were on this forum. I have a buddy that shoots there. He told me about it yesterday. I might check it out one of these days, but I do most of my shooting out in Yuma.

64physhy
01-07-2013, 6:14 PM
Hey Ted. I didn't know you were on this forum. I have a buddy that shoots there. He told me about it yesterday. I might check it out one of these days, but I do most of my shooting out in Yuma.

AhSpray
01-12-2013, 2:46 PM
Oh, and someone shot me in the leg there last May. But don't let that deter you at all. It was a pretty freak accident. I'm still alive, all is good, etc. :thumbsup:

WTF!!! You can't just lob a grenade like that without details. What happened?
I found this thread on a search after a guy at EF&G told me about Pala this morning he made it sound like it was fairly casual and that there was good access to the long range steel targets.

Any details that anyone can provide on Pala would be appreciated.

And Droppin Deuces: please tell us how you were shot - and why you're so low key about it.

Thanks in advance.