PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Find today

Limited10
09-26-2006, 9:47 PM
I just picked up a Finn M91 early Tikka (1926) for $75. I couldn't believe my eyes when I held it and flipped the tag around. Good condition w/ the unit brass plate. I couldn't get the plactic out of my wallet fast enough.:D

He also has a Bannerman conversion Mosin Sporter to 30-06 for $60. 1917 Remmington Armory. I'm torn on purchasing it. On the one hand it is a nice collectors piece but you can't fire it, do to safty.

Thirdly he has a Chinese Mosin M44 clone (type 53) dated 1960 Vietnam bring back and the worst bubba'd job I have ever seen, Note: all original when the soldier brought it back Bubba was alive and well on the Ho Chi Mien trail. However the store owner can't find the paper work and believes it may have been trown out in the last four years. :eek: It's been gathering dust for a while. I would jump on it w/ papers but can't justify $200 for a bubba'd M44.
Late

M. Sage
09-26-2006, 10:03 PM
Nice find on that Finn!!

xenophobe
09-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Thirdly he has a Chinese Mosin M44 clone (type 53) dated 1960 Vietnam bring back and the worst bubbed job I have ever seen, Note: all original when the soldier brought it back Bubba was alive and well on the Ho Chi Mien trail. However the store owner can't find the paper work and believes it may have been trown out in the last four years. :eek: It's been gathering dust for a while. I would jump on it w/ papers but can't justify $200 for a bubbed M44.
Late

Bubbed? :confused:

Blue
09-26-2006, 10:24 PM
I love scores like that. I paid $55 out the door for my M91/30 that's SA marked. It's not a FINN FINN but it's a Finn capture :D

Limited10
09-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Bubbed? :confused:

Well how about jungle accessorized;) the forearm has been cut to the 2nd barrel band

Edit: O.K. Now I get it!

xenophobe
09-26-2006, 11:05 PM
like a duffle cut?

M. Sage
09-27-2006, 6:52 PM
I love scores like that. I paid $55 out the door for my M91/30 that's SA marked. It's not a FINN FINN but it's a Finn capture :D

Sweet.

For the record: a LOT of Finn-"produced" Mosins were built on captured recievers. They never produced their own and either bought them off other countries (many of which were WWI battlefield captures), or picked them up from the battlefield.

Timberland
09-27-2006, 9:24 PM
Where did you find thoes rifles? I love mosin nagants.
-Bubba is a milisurp term for hack job work on guns.

fal_762x51
09-28-2006, 12:49 PM
Ah yes, the infamous Bubba... :mad: He tried to get a hold of the M91 1938 Finn, but I saved it! The seller said that the guy was gonna cut the barrel down and "mod it." For $35 bucks out the door, I couldn't refuse. It was missing some stuff, but it is back and glorious.

Congrats on the find. Also, was yours counterbored?

50 Freak
09-28-2006, 1:23 PM
One of the members on this board sold me a beautiful K-31 for $75 bucks. Was only missing a mag which I found for $30. So the entire rifle cost me $105 for a beautiful K-31.

Once I bought a Enfield from someone said they had, but never shot it. When asked what the bore was like, he said "I don't know, can't see through to the other side". Bought it when he sent me pics of a unissued Enfield. The reason he couldn't see to the other side, is he never bothered to clean the cosmoline out of the barrel. So basically I got a brand new unissued Enfield No4 MK2 for $175.

Deals are out there, you just have to wait.

Limited10
09-28-2006, 7:09 PM
[QUOTE=Timberland]Where did you find thoes rifles? I love mosin nagants.

send me a pm. Posting it would be like telling a hunting forum about a great hunting place on public land.
I have the luxury of traveling around So-cal and stop in shops all week long, and it has taken me two years to find a shop like this. It's tucked away in no mans land owned by a nice older couple.

[QUOTE=Timberland]-Bubba is a milisurp term for hack job work on guns

I think Xeno knows the defination (he works at a firarms store) he was busting my chops about my spelling of bubba'd (bubbed)

Timberland
09-29-2006, 10:15 PM
Im in nor cal but thanks for the offer. Mosins sparked my collecting so they are close to my heart.