PDA

View Full Version : Vandenberg Hunting

cornholio1
09-26-2006, 11:30 AM
I just called the gamer warden there and he told me that my Marine buddy can hunt with me, but the military personell can only sponser one person. We have two other civilians going, so I guess I need two more military personel. Does anyone know if I can take an voluntary discharge ex military person? Or get an exception from the game warden? Thanks

metalhead357
09-26-2006, 1:24 PM
:confused: You've totally lost me.....and I think some others too with the number of lookers and no answers. Please slow down and try to explain things to us if ya' want us to help:)

Are you military? Did you count yourself in that???? Mil Personaell can only sponsor 1????? One what One per person in a group or one person per Military person. You need two more peeps to do what? Hunt or get two more civis onto the hunt. Exemption for the hunt or just be allowed onto the land???????????AND WHAT are you hunting for???????

I just called the gamer warden there and he told me that my Marine buddy can hunt with me, but the military personell can only sponser one person. We have two other civilians going, so I guess I need two more military personel. Does anyone know if I can take an voluntary discharge ex military person? Or get an exception from the game warden? Thanks

cornholio1
09-26-2006, 2:33 PM
Sorry. I'll try and slow down

1. The game warden says 1 military personel, can take 1 civilian person hunting; Can we get an exception made to this rule?
2. We are hunting for pigs

eckerph
09-26-2006, 2:34 PM
If the "Ex-military" person is 20yrs retired than yes they can get on base and sign people on, If you know someone who was discharged from the military but did not retire, than no. Different Bases have different commanders, therefor different rules sometimes. As far as exemptions, i doubt it. It doesn't matter what branch of service but You will have to find Retired military,active duty or guard/reserve to get you on base. You also might want to call the warden again and find out what weapons are allowed and whether or not you need to attend some kind of orientation or meeting for hunters on base. Around here you have to attend such a meeting and are limited to bow/shotguns ( i think). If you want to hunt military bases you can always enlist:p or marry an air force chick like i did:D.

metalhead357
09-26-2006, 8:02 PM
If the "Ex-military" person is 20yrs retired than yes they can get on base and sign people on, If you know someone who was discharged from the military but did not retire, than no. Different Bases have different commanders, therefor different rules sometimes. As far as exemptions, i doubt it.

The first part would be the way I understand it; no idea on whether the game warden of the base could wave that requirment~ couldn't hurt to ask. Sorry for the delay & glad the other guy responded; I aint getting E-mail updates from here (again):cool: