PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for a good weekend carbine class

mqd123
02-23-2011, 4:44 AM
I live in OC. Is there a good course being offered nearby that anyone can recommend? Thanks.

NiteQwill
02-23-2011, 5:41 AM
Falcon Security offers great classes, same folks who help teach the Magpul classes. They teach at both Burro and Norco.

Grey Group is also holding some classes in April & May @ LA SWAT range.

Both are taught by folks with the credentials to back their training. So you're not getting some BS ancient training.

ren
02-23-2011, 6:24 AM
there's a few classes under training and announcements in socal.

dieselpower
02-23-2011, 6:51 AM
what skill level?
Start with a Appleseed weekend camp out.
Then a beginners carbine / rifle course
Then a tactical carbine course.

NiteQwill
02-23-2011, 9:56 AM
I would like to echo what dieselpower said...

If you have never taken a rifle course, look into a basic rifle course that teaches marksmanship and the basics. No need to blow $450+ on a 1400 round course if you can't function, manipulate, and troubleshoot your weapon properly. I've seen it first hand and not only does it slow the shooter down, it slows the class down.

mqd123
02-24-2011, 6:45 AM
I've been shooting handguns mostly. Complete newbie to carbine. I've been looking around OC to find a beginners course, but haven't had any luck.

mqd123
02-24-2011, 6:51 AM
Falcon Security offers great classes, same folks who help teach the Magpul classes. They teach at both Burro and Norco.

Grey Group is also holding some classes in April & May @ LA SWAT range.

Both are taught by folks with the credentials to back their training. So you're not getting some BS ancient training.

I just checked out Falcon Security. They look like good place to start. Thanks for the reference.

xibunkrlilkidsx
02-24-2011, 7:00 AM
Falcon is awesome. may try to take a rifle/carbine course this year with them. took the intro pistol course last year, fun, learned a **** load. And Voodoo and the gang keep it light, you can tell they are serious but they are able to keep jokes going.

GasPiston
02-24-2011, 7:15 AM
You can also try front sight in nevada

Mr_Monkeywrench
02-24-2011, 7:35 AM
Im in OC as well and am very interested in taking a course with falcon. I've been doing a lot of research on
them and it all looks good. If you're interested, shoot me a pm and maybe we can coordinate a time to go. It would be cool to meet some calgunners while there.