PDA

View Full Version : GOT MY SPYDERCO TENACIOUS G-10 (10 out of 10)

BayAreaShooter
02-23-2011, 12:41 AM
Well I received my Spyderco Tenacious and could not be happier. It is a truly great knife as far as I can tell. The blade locks up tight and their is no play what so ever. The blade is sharp as a razor. I have heard it dulls quick but time will tell. I love the brass bushings for smooth deployment as well as the cut outs inside the handle to cut down on weight. I also like how you can relocate the clip anywhere on the knife to suite any carrying position you please. All in all I would give this knife a 10 out of 10. I believe I payed $26 plus shipping when I bought mine so it was just $30 to my door. I would recommend this knife to anyone looking for a great everyday carry.

http://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Tenacious-Handle-Folding-Plain/dp/B001EI7578/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=industrial&qid=1298453894&sr=8-1

760knox
02-23-2011, 1:01 AM
+1 ill be ordering a new blade

iareConfusE
02-23-2011, 1:03 AM
Spyderco looks like a great knife company, but I don't think I could ever adapt to the hole cut out in the blade as the only provision for opening the blade one handed.

tuna quesadilla
02-23-2011, 1:13 AM
Spyderco looks like a great knife company, but I don't think I could ever adapt to the hole cut out in the blade as the only provision for opening the blade one handed.

"Only"? You say it as if it's a bad thing. The Spyderco hole, along with Benchmade's axis lock, are the ONLY blade-opening systems I will buy in a folding knife.

pullnshoot25
02-23-2011, 2:05 AM
Zip tie. Solves the problem.

bsg
02-23-2011, 8:30 AM
congratulations... and i hope the edge holds up for you. if so, your knife is a winner. my daily driver is a Benchmade Skirmish.

iareConfusE
02-23-2011, 8:33 AM
"Only"? You say it as if it's a bad thing. The Spyderco hole, along with Benchmade's axis lock, are the ONLY blade-opening systems I will buy in a folding knife.

For me, it is. I like to have a thumbstub for opening knives. Although, ever since Kershaw introduced their flipper, I've enjoyed it quite a bit as well. A hole in the blade is just too little for my thumb to grab onto.

Librarian
02-23-2011, 10:23 AM
For me, it is. I like to have a thumbstub for opening knives. Although, ever since Kershaw introduced their flipper, I've enjoyed it quite a bit as well. A hole in the blade is just too little for my thumb to grab onto.

And I find I can't use thumb studs; I have a nice Al Mar that I can't easily open one-handed, but my Spyderco just works. All in what your thumb gets used to I guess.

BitterOldMan
02-23-2011, 10:40 AM
If you are really good with a Spyderco, you can flip it open by turning 90 degrees and using momentum from your wrist and elbow. The flipping only works with the heavier models such as the Spydero Police Model. One of my buddies taught me many decades ago. Most people are unable to build momentum to flip the knife open. Many thumb stud knives can be opened this way. I am certain the flipping will wear excessively on the knife.

BayAreaShooter
02-23-2011, 12:04 PM
I forgot to even mention the hole in the blade. :stuart: I was a bit weary at first but one I got that knife in my hand it was like finding a long lost brother. :D It really fits me well. I thought it was going to take some getting used to but it was instantly my preferred choice now. I have also been checking out the BYRD's. I believe Spyderco makes these as well. I need to do some more research on these but they seem to be well made and cheaper than most Spyderco's. I hope the drop shape of the hole will fit my thumb as well as the Spyderco hole. I might have to pick one up and find out for myself.

bsg
02-23-2011, 12:47 PM
I forgot to even mention the hole in the blade. :stuart: I was a bit weary at first but one I got that knife in my hand it was like finding a long lost brother. :D It really fits me well. I thought it was going to take some getting used to but it was instantly my preferred choice now.

i mentioned my Benchmade Skirmish because it too has the "hole in the blade" assist going for it; works great.

Joe
02-23-2011, 1:24 PM
Spyderco makes a great knife. A similar knife to this is the kershaw skyline. Also a great knife and the same price.

BigFatGuy
02-23-2011, 2:50 PM
I've always liked the full-on thumb-disk, myself.

Can't stand the Spyderco hole, and never really liked thumb-studs, especially since many of them in cheaper knives are not reversible for us leftys.

wbrosha
02-23-2011, 3:25 PM
+1 for the zip tie!! works great I have done this with my Spyderco and certain Benchmades for years!

donger
02-25-2011, 5:22 PM
I bought one of these last year to fool around with and came away pretty impressed. Although it's Chinese made and the steel is kinda of soft, the blade locks up tight and seems pretty durable. For reference, I EDC a $500 Strider SNG CC.

Czar Quanovan
02-25-2011, 5:55 PM
The Tenacious is a great knife for the money but make sure you don't take it lightly. My finger is still healing from a pretty bad cut from my Tenacious a couple weeks ago :mad:

meangene714
03-09-2011, 8:50 PM
+1 on the Spyderco thumbhole. And that's a great price. I've had the Native as my EDC for the past few years - I might get the Tenacious as a backup.

As for the blade getting dull, Spyderco offers free knife sharpening. You just have to pay $5 for shipping.