PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy K31 in SoCal?

Patriot
09-25-2006, 2:08 PM
Are there any stores (or upcoming gun shows) in SoCal where I can buy a nice K31 for a good price ($150-200 max)? The closer to Santa Barbara the better, but anything goes.

If I bought one with a really crappy stock/wood furniture, can this be replaced?

http://www.keystonearms.com/rifle.html Keystone Arms has some for a decent price (w/ shipping & fees). Anyone here delt w/ them before?

Thanks

milsurplover
09-25-2006, 4:25 PM
$100 for a good/VG seems pretty good.

IMO, unless you have cracks, big dings and/or chips in the furniture, you can easily refinish it with little effort. The K-31 strips down pretty easily and you'll get an inside view of the fine Swiss manfacturing.

Nefarious
09-25-2006, 4:41 PM
just checked out keystonearms and saw their Yugo SKS - i think i might have to buy one :)

rick_in_lb
09-25-2006, 6:37 PM
Just make sure it is the Cali approved one:mad: ! By the pic not sure.:cool:

Patriot
09-25-2006, 7:22 PM
Err, a "Cali approved" K31...does this mean that some K31s are NOT Cali-approved (if so, why) :confused:

Has anyone seen any K31s at gun shows in CA?

tuna quesadilla
09-25-2006, 7:28 PM
Err, a "Cali approved" K31...does this mean that some K31s are NOT Cali-approved (if so, why) :confused:

Has anyone seen any K31s at gun shows in CA?

Rick was talking about the SKS that Nefarious mentioned. Some SKSs are illegal in California because some of them have a grenade launcher attached to the muzzle.

Hopi
09-25-2006, 7:37 PM
I will sell one in Santa Barbara. If you are interested, I have a few that you could choose from and "handpick" the rifle yourself.

Blue
09-25-2006, 7:46 PM
i got mine at big 5

Patriot
09-25-2006, 9:01 PM
i got mine at big 5

How long ago was this? Does Big 5 still sell K31s? (Even if the SoCal stores don't, they could probably order them from other locations.) I have a gut feeling that they're long out of the K31 business though (as far as guns go I was born a day late and a dollar snort). Now if I had been born 3-4 years earlier....

rick_in_lb
09-26-2006, 4:43 PM
Cali Legal
Yup I was talking about the SKS. Picked mine up at Turners Norwalk. Got a little discount on it. No G.L's on the Cali ones land most of the ones out of state have them on it. I am trying to find an out of state gunsmith to fix one and then sell it to me, once my C&R arrives.
The K31 picked up locally. Paid more than I wanted but I wanted one. Paid the money and went home with it.

Blue
09-26-2006, 5:29 PM
How long ago was this? Does Big 5 still sell K31s? (Even if the SoCal stores don't, they could probably order them from other locations.) I have a gut feeling that they're long out of the K31 business though (as far as guns go I was born a day late and a dollar snort). Now if I had been born 3-4 years earlier....
I got mine maybe less than 6 months ago? I guess it had been tucked away in the back for almost 2 years and they found it while looking for a Mosin for someone. The guy behind the counter almost crapped his pants when I pulled out my Leatherman and pulled the buttplate off looking for a name tag. When I found it the guy was totally amazed. I asked for a discount for teaching him something new but it was no dice :p

Limited10
09-26-2006, 9:22 PM

Not really I picked my K31 up 6-8 months ago from Big5. 1941 walnut stocked above average ie. light beaver chew and 95% bluing , matching mag and soldiers tag on sale for $109.00

However I was in a shop today and a K31 was on consignment for $300:eek:

Nefarious
09-27-2006, 7:24 AM
Just make sure it is the Cali approved one:mad: ! By the pic not sure.:cool:

I guess this one I cannot buy :(
I asked them about the rifle, and they said it has a grenade launcher - but its so nice and clean looking :D