PDA

View Full Version : The Reno big gun show march 11, 12, and 13?

robgon
02-22-2011, 9:38 AM
Can anyone confirm or deny if this show will have a great presence of ar15/ar10 parts and accessories?

VaderSpade
02-22-2011, 10:36 AM
It will!

ZOMBIEHUNTER
02-22-2011, 3:02 PM
The build your own AR craze has came to Nevada it just took alot longer so iam sure there is going to be vendors selling parts.There are some gun shops in Reno that cater to AR builders now.

MrPlink
02-22-2011, 3:14 PM
ROAD TRIP!
Im so broke though!

robgon
02-22-2011, 3:43 PM
Will major vendors be there, like magpul, Larue, Daniel defense, noveske?

Blade
02-22-2011, 3:57 PM
I went last year, major vendors like Magpul, Larue, DD, and Noveske will probably not be there (have they ever?). Half the show is C&R's, War memorabilia and the other half are parts and accessories. Do not expect something even close to Shot Show Las Vegas. The good thing is you can stop by Cabella's on the way...its literally right on the Cal/Nev border.

hammerhands32
02-22-2011, 4:14 PM
Don't forget Scheels. Im headed up this weekend for the gun show.

scootergmc
02-22-2011, 4:20 PM
Will major vendors be there, like magpul, Larue, Daniel defense, noveske?

No, this is not a manufacturer show. I'm sure you will find dealers selling their products, but as previously stated, this isn't SHOT.

It's basically Nevada's version of our beef jerky and doll shows. ;)

MrPlink
02-22-2011, 4:22 PM
I went last year, major vendors like Magpul, Larue, DD, and Noveske will probably not be there (have they ever?). Half the show is C&R's, War memorabilia and the other half are parts and accessories. Do not expect something even close to Shot Show Las Vegas. The good thing is you can stop by Cabella's on the way...its literally right on the Cal/Nev border.

so not worth it? Ive never been
:confused:
Ever since the big one in Pamona closed how many years ago I only make it out to cow pallace and vallejo. Sacramento once or twice several years ago too

Lagduf
02-22-2011, 4:46 PM
Are vendors there willing to sell C&R handguns and long guns to CA residents who have FFL03s?

Anyone have any luck with this?

scootergmc
02-22-2011, 6:21 PM
so not worth it? Ive never been
:confused:
Ever since the big one in Pamona closed how many years ago I only make it out to cow pallace and vallejo. Sacramento once or twice several years ago too

Vallejo and Cow Palace only wish they could be the red-headed stepchild of the Big Reno Show. It's big if you're used to those two shows- and it has guns, which is always a plus for gun shows.

MrPlink
02-23-2011, 3:24 AM
Vallejo and Cow Palace only wish they could be the red-headed stepchild of the Big Reno Show. It's big if you're used to those two shows- and it has guns, which is always a plus for gun shows.

Well, as I mentioned before, my measuring stick for a big gun show involves at least 5 buildings.
Now Im on the fence:(

nikonuser
02-23-2011, 6:50 AM
If you guys go make sure to check Caltrans for road conditions and be prepared if there is a storm.

Don29palms
02-23-2011, 8:01 AM
I use to make a weekend of it and go to that show every year. Since I moved to SoCal I haven't been to that show in over 15 years.

Quinc
02-23-2011, 8:04 AM
Are vendors there willing to sell C&R handguns and long guns to CA residents who have FFL03s?

Its Reno! you wont even be asked. I picked up an m44 during the last one and no one asked where I was from or if I had a c&r etc.

EDIT: Judging by the last two shows I went to in Reno, you will be better off buying Ammo and most guns online. The prices where still very inflated there. :(

VaderSpade
02-23-2011, 8:14 AM
Well, as I mentioned before, my measuring stick for a big gun show involves at least 5 buildings.

What size buildings? This show is 1 acres inside! That's about 66,000 sq ft and it's packed!

Wonderwhippet
02-23-2011, 8:19 AM
If you intend to drive to the March Reno show you better have chains with you. I once got snowed in there for three days. Now I only go to the fall show and avoid the snow.

Paul_R
02-23-2011, 8:58 AM

Its Reno! you wont even be asked. I picked up an m44 during the last one and no one asked where I was from or if I had a c&r etc.

EDIT: Judging by the last two shows I went to in Reno, you will be better off buying Ammo and most guns online. The prices where still very inflated there. :(

One big reason you may not get asked is that "The Big Reno Show" is a notorious sting operation. There's a big BATF and CA DOJ presence on both sided of the tables. I stopped going to this one years ago and it really has become the equivalent of a Local beef jerky and doll show as far as my gun interests go. It is big , with lots of tables mostly full of overpriced old junk. Just my 2 cants, YMMV.

jedininja
02-23-2011, 2:49 PM
I've been to a few of the shows in the last few years. The place is huge. You'll be able to check everything out and that will take 4-8 hours before you'll notive that there is a whole second room almost as large as the first room. It makes the bay area shows look tiny.

As to black gun parts, there are usually a handful of dealers that have tons of parts. But I do not have a black rifle yet, so I can not attest to the prices.

You can still gets lots of good deals there from both individual sellers as well as dealers. Most of the things there are priced the same as most gun shows, but deals can still be had. And there are many California dealers there that are there just to do transfers. Of course factor in transfer costs into the price.

Ammo prices are about the same as most other shows because Miwall is the main seller. But I like the Miwall display in Reno better than most because they actually have open boxes of ammo with tape over them so you can see all the ammo.

Another great thing about the Reno show is that they do not allow all the other crap that usually makes into the California shows such as quilts, make-up, toys, bedding, ect. They only allow things related to guns, knives, ammunition, Management approved firearms related, cowboy western memorabilia, Native American relics & artifacts.

Overall, it makes for a fun time. If you were going to find a specific part or item, you might want to pass on it. But if you want to go to see a huge show, some cool stuff not seen much in CA, and have some fun in Reno, then its worth it.

scootergmc
02-23-2011, 4:22 PM

Well then this isn't big. You'd best stay home. :confused: