PDA

View Full Version : Complete lower needs BB installed when purchased?

locosway
02-22-2011, 2:46 AM
So, does a FFL need to install the BB before selling the complete lower, or is that up to the buyer to do before it's built into what ever it's going to be built into?

MacOtac
02-22-2011, 2:53 AM
I just bought a complete lower from G&R and they shipped it with a bullet button. I am guessing it is going to be up to the FFL is they will accept it without a bullet button. My guess is they wont, or will make you purchase one and have it installed before you leave the shop.

locosway
02-22-2011, 2:56 AM
I know you can buy a stripped lower without the BB, but I was under the impression that a complete lower needed one installed. But, I don't see what the difference would be between a stripped lower and a complete lower.

Maybe it's just once you put the upper on it that it needs the BB installed.

MrPlink
02-22-2011, 3:04 AM
complete lower without a bb is 100% legal.

Who is to say you arent going use it for rimfire, or maybe make it featureless when you complete your build?

Ed_Hazard
02-22-2011, 3:04 AM
Mainly a CMA move by thre FFL to have a BB installed on the completed lower. That way if you asemble a non compliant rifle afterwards its on you not them.

locosway
02-22-2011, 3:05 AM
complete lower without a bb is 100% legal.

Who is to say you arent going use it for rimfire, or maybe make it featureless when you complete your build?

Ok, I was just looking at my LMT complete lower that I bought a couple months ago and it doesn't have a BB. Had me worried for a moment, and then I was thinking about it and figured it wasn't wrong unless I had a upper on it that required a BB to be installed.

Ed_Hazard
02-22-2011, 3:09 AM
Ok, I was just looking at my LMT complete lower that I bought a couple months ago and it doesn't have a BB. Had me worried for a moment, and then I was thinking about it and figured it wasn't wrong unless I had a upper on it that required a BB to be installed.

If your really worried :TFH: remove the PG.

locosway
02-22-2011, 3:13 AM
If your really worried :TFH: remove the PG.

Not worried about me, but the shop who would have sold it. It's all good, I'm just tired. ;)