PDA

View Full Version : Need an AR in 9mm advice.....

ap3572001
02-21-2011, 2:21 PM
Looking to start a project.
I want to end up with a GOOD , hugh quality CA legal AR Style rifle in 9mm.

This is new to me. ( I mean the 9mm part.)

I do not have a budget for this. Whatever it takes is fine.

Also need advice on magazines.

Thank You.

dieselpower
02-21-2011, 3:08 PM
I researched this several times. I am always put off by the reliability of a AR15 in 9mm. I hear there is a new adapter that takes Glock 17 magazines.

tag for more info. hope there is someone around with a lot of knowledge on this.

themailman
02-21-2011, 3:57 PM
I researched this several times. I am always put off by the reliability of a AR15 in 9mm. I hear there is a new adapter that takes Glock 17 magazines.

tag for more info. hope there is someone around with a lot of knowledge on this.

Same here. Lone Wolf has a lower that accepts Glock magazines, but I dont know where I would go for the upper. The only way I see this being remotely useful is as an SBR.

deadcoyote
02-21-2011, 4:22 PM
Same here. Lone Wolf has a lower that accepts Glock magazines, but I dont know where I would go for the upper. The only way I see this being remotely useful is as an SBR.

C Products is making 32 round 9 mike mags for AR's now. 44mag.com has them for pretty cheap. Just throwing it out there, i've used their 5.56 mags without issues.

dieselpower
02-21-2011, 4:27 PM
People say even in SPR/SMG there are better options out there. At a 16" carbine you can consolidate ammo with a sidearm, haul more ammo for each, but the reliability factor rears its ugly head...

need more info. I have read till my eyes bled.

Don the savage
02-21-2011, 4:28 PM
I have a 9mm ar that I boughtvfrom pennies dad here on cal guns. It has a rra upper and a Wilson combat lower with the colt smg mag adaptor. Works well with factory ammo not as much with my reloads(not hot enough). But I love it it is fun to shoot and I can shoot it at the indoor range with no issues. Get a copy of shotgun news you can put together a 9mm ar for the same price as a 5.56 version

dieselpower
02-21-2011, 4:32 PM
I have a 9mm ar that I boughtvfrom pennies dad here on cal guns. It has a rra upper and a Wilson combat lower with the colt smg mag adaptor. Works well with factory ammo not as much with my reloads(not hot enough). But I love it it is fun to shoot and I can shoot it at the indoor range with no issues. Get a copy of shotgun news you can put together a 9mm ar for the same price as a 5.56 version

Would you hike from California to Florida with it as your only longarm?

Trendkill
02-21-2011, 4:42 PM

I wouldnt.

I'm in the same boat....I keep waiting to see some rock solid reports on a good AR in 9mm. God knows Id buy one in a heartbeat.

pacrimguru
02-21-2011, 4:56 PM
this might help:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=250448

CHS
02-22-2011, 7:49 AM
As far as 9mm AR's go, the "Colt" design is well regarded as the best, has a large number of magazines to choose from (at least outside CA), and is the most copied which means the widest variety of parts.

The problem is, when Colt designed their 9mm they were short-sighted and made a few mistakes.

1.) The bolt is shorter than the BCG of a traditional AR, so the stroke is longer. When the bolt comes back home on an empty magazine it can snap off bolt stops.
2.) The bolt is not ramped at the location where it cocks the hammer, so it hits the hammer at a lower fulcrum point, causing potential damage to the hammer pin holes.

The fix for problem #1 is to get a spacer, or a 9mm buffer made extra long. Spikes tactical sells a spacer you can install in the back of your receiver extension here:
http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/st9bs-p-174.html

The other option is to get an extended buffer like the 9mm "Q" buffer sold here:
http://www.heavybuffers.com/ar15carbine.html

You cannot use both the spacer and the extended buffer together. You have to pick one.

For problem #2 you've got a lot more options. If you buy an upper from someone like CMMG or Spikes Tactical, they already come with a ramped bolt. You can also have your non-ramped bolt ramped by a third party like Randall, Adco, or M60Joe.

You can also forgo ramping the bolt if you have an upper like a true Colt or RRA, and use the special 9mm hammer and buy anti-rotation/anti-walk pins like the KNS pins from Riflegear:
http://riflegear.com/p-610-kns-gen-2-anti-walkrotation-triggerhammer-pin-set-154-diameter.aspx

Without a ramped bolt you MUST use the 9mm specific hammer:
http://riflegear.com/p-395-rra-9mm-hammer.aspx

With a ramped bolt you MUST use a standard AR15 rounded hammer like from Stag or DPMS:
http://riflegear.com/p-303-hammer.aspx

Here's my 9mm:
http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m446/bdsmchs/CHS9mmAR.jpg

CMMG 9mm dedicated lower, RRA upper without a ramped bolt, 9mm hammer, KNS anti-walk pins. I don't have the spacer yet, but I've got a spare bolt stop on standby just in case mine snaps :)

johnny_22
02-22-2011, 8:09 AM
Love my CMMG 9mm upper with Calguns "Bear" lower. Just works every time no matter who is shooting it.

entgunguy
02-22-2011, 11:45 AM
i am running a spike's upper and spike's magblock. ramped bolt so no need for a 9mm hammer and a spike's heavy buffer. i do not find the c-products magazine to be reliable. some days no issues other days constant failure to feeds.
of all things believe it or not no issues with the promag. every other promag i own is a piece of **** but the 9mm ar-15 mags feed very well. you may want to consider a dedicated lower like the rock river arm's 9mm ar15 lower just because using a magblock require adjustment to make it properly feed. once adjusted i do not see taking it out to shoot .223 and then readjusting back for 9mm.

tiger222
02-22-2011, 12:00 PM
I built mine up with colt and hahn parts - though some one just came out with a high quality snap in magwell - not sure who and they have ramped bolt carriers now too.

CHS
02-22-2011, 12:53 PM
I've found the C products magazines work great but require some very small fine tuning. The problem with the C Products magazines is that they've gone through about 3-4 different designs of the follower and that's where the problem lies.

What I've found is that the follower just doesn't rise up high enough in the mag body for that last round.

The modification I've made to all of my C Products followers looks like this:
http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m446/bdsmchs/1101091959.jpg

Basically, I take a dremel with a small sanding drum and "gouge" out the middle of the high side of the follower, allowing it to rise up higher in the magazine body which ensures 100% feeding every single time AND allows the bolt to lock back fully on the last round.

All of the other magazines on the market are expensive and/or don't have a BHO follower, which is why I'm perfectly happy using the inexpensive C products magazines and just modifying the followers a little bit.

From what I understand C products has modified their body and followers with the current generation and gotten rid of all issues. I only have about 5 mags right now (not counting my high-caps, which I can't use in CA) so maybe I'll order some of the new ones to see how they work.

Sicarius
02-22-2011, 1:47 PM
1. RRA, Spikes, or any colt patterned upper(not OLY).
2. Lower of choice or dedicated lower
3. Spikes or Hahn mag block depending on how you want to do it. Spikes is really just a modified RRA block with an adjustable extractor. Hahn you can get a top load or bottom load. The bottom will use an UZI style mag release and a top load will use the regular ar mag release. Keep in mind how you want to have the firearm legally configured.
4. Stick with the UZI patterned mags... Oly does have a neat new mag that is the size of an ar mag but is a pistol caliber but UZI mags are plentiful and cheap.
5. CMMG/Spikes ramped carrier. This allows you to use a regular ar FCG. You can even swap uppers on a whim. Normally you need a dedicated 9mm hammer otherwise. (round hammer not the notched hammer fyi)
6. Spikes 9mm buffer. Normally you will have to put a delrin spacer in the stock to take up the travel on the 9mm since the carrier doesn't have to come back so far to extract the casing. If you allow it to travel the full distance that the .556 normally does, it puts a lot of abuse on on your gun for no reason. The Spikes 9mm buffers are the correct length and don't need a spacer. Also the heavier buffer is suppose to add in reliability.

Not sure if I missed anything but with that said, I went with a complete spikes build. UZI mags are easy to modify with a dremel cutoff wheel and 5 minutes of your time. Only thing is that the bolt hold open won't work but you can get cprod mags which will do that feature. 9mm ARs do tend to like hotter rounds and heavier bullets being recoil operated...
Kevin

Don the savage
02-22-2011, 6:14 PM

Hell and no, I would never rely primary on a pistol cartridge in a rifle. for CQB house clearing with the right ammo sure but the limitations of the cartridge are evident beyond 50 yds.

It's a fun gun to shoot.

BigBamBoo
02-22-2011, 6:22 PM

CHS
02-22-2011, 6:37 PM
This is what I would use for a 9mm....if I/we (in CA.) could use 32rd mags.

http://www.jprifles.com/1.2.13_JPSA9.php

Holy crap. JP has a 9mm upper?

*DROOL*

Solidsnake87
02-22-2011, 6:43 PM
I've owned 2 RRA 9mm rifles and I currently own a RRA 9mm AR pistol. I've never had any reliability issues. The C Products mags are picky but the Pro Mags ALWAYS seem to work. The standard Uzi mags work excellent, they just are not designed to hold the bolt back after the last shot.

The only issues with the guns themselves that I have ever encountered were occasional feeding issues caused by a mag well adapter coming loose. This was easily fixed with some loc tite and the correct allen wrench. Other than that, the dedicated 9mm lowers function flawlessly.

You won't make a mistake going RRA.

RobGR
02-22-2011, 7:43 PM
OP, is there a reason you want to go 9mm and not another caliber? Just curious.

Cyclepath
02-22-2011, 10:01 PM
I end up shooting my 9mm AR more than any their .223/5.56 counterparts these days. Mine was a frankenrifle from different parts. Hahn dedicated magwell, Spikes Green Mountain 16" barrel that was reprofiled by Adco, RRA 9mm upper receiver and bolt, Spike's 9mm ST-9X buffer (think it is discontinued?) and KNS pins as well as a Bill Springfield trigger. The biggest problem I had were magazines. As bdsmchs stated, you need to tinker around with the CProducts mags. I modified my 10/20 rounders until they fed fine. They were a nightmare initially. I posted something on ar15.com a month ago regarding the CP mags and they sent me a couple of the "updated" 10 rounders with 2 ribs on each side and they worked flawlessly through 100 or so rounds. I was really surprised and greatful for their service and generosity. I also have Metalforms that work great but they are hard to get in Ca.

Just beware because of the blowback design, you get a lot of carbon fouling back into the receiver and lower parts but luckily the 9mm bolt is simpler to clean than a 5.56. Just got to get all the stuff out of the lower parts.

1911su16b870
02-22-2011, 10:51 PM
I had all kinds of trouble getting my 9mm AR to work. I finally now have a featureless that runs on proven magazines. I also went with the cmmg lower after trying the Hahn and RRA mag blocks.

But the real deal is the Olympic 45ACP AR! I just put one together and have not had one issue in over 200 rounds through it. It worked the first time. Oly has some sweet 10-round proprietary mags that fit in the normal AR magwell and have last round bolt hold open feature. Oly designed the ejector out of a coiled spring that kicks the cases out which looks funky but works great.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6961/img0109fw.jpg

Here is my solution to the 9mm carbine buffer length solution...bolt w/loctite the stock to the receiver extension.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/1015/img0111mo.jpg

Don29palms
02-23-2011, 7:36 AM
9mm in an AR is like putting a 4cyl in a Corvette.

Don29palms
02-23-2011, 7:40 AM

I surely hope that rifle is registered because if not you have an unregistered assault weapon. Wilson Combat is a Cat 2 banned by name assault weapon.

We The People Firearms
02-23-2011, 7:45 AM
I had an lrb lower and cmmg upper. I used a cheaper adapter block in the beginning to save a few bucks....bad idea. The tollerances were too loose, the block would cant and it would jam rounds into the front of the feed ramp. I switched to the Hahn block and it was perfect. I also went with the metal c products mags and ditched my pro mags. After those changes, I don't recall ever having a single issue.

pacrimguru
02-23-2011, 8:18 AM
I had an lrb lower and cmmg upper. I used a cheaper adapter block in the beginning to save a few bucks....bad idea. The tollerances were too loose, the block would cant and it would jam rounds into the front of the feed ramp. I switched to the Hahn block and it was perfect. I also went with the metal c products mags and ditched my pro mags. After those changes, I don't recall ever having a single issue.

this is great advice. a hahn block and c-pro mags made my 9 mil a solid shooter.

Kelvrick
02-23-2011, 8:49 AM
I have:

rra "carbine" style upper
Wolff xp buffer spring
Spikes extended heavy buffer
Rra bolt ramped by third party
G&R lpk with kns antiroll pins
Spikes billet trigger guard
Magpul miad grips
Dedicated cmmg lower
Rear mbus
Xps2

Shoots like a 22.

spdrcr
02-23-2011, 11:24 AM
This is what I would use for a 9mm....if I/we (in CA.) could use 32rd mags.

http://www.jprifles.com/1.2.13_JPSA9.php

Take care,Stan

Oooo, I like that

Don the savage
02-23-2011, 2:57 PM
I surely hope that rifle is registered because if not you have an unregistered assault weapon. Wilson Combat is a Cat 2 banned by name assault weapon.

Wilson tactical OLL mistype

AlbcAlbrr
02-23-2011, 7:15 PM
Well, this is kind of shameless on my part, but look what i have for sale: :o

CMMG Complete Upper Half, 9MM- 16" Barrel with everything (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=5846333#post5846333)

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/albcalbrr/CMMG9mmUpper.jpg

tzolf
02-23-2011, 8:27 PM
I recently put together a 9mm AR and I'm pleased so far with about 300 rounds through it (not that much, but about what I could do in a few range days considering I wasn't solely shooting the carbine).

I decided to go the "easy route" and get most of the parts from the same manufacturer (RRA), which was easy since Rifle Gear sells RRA 9mm uppers and RRA 9mm kits for the other parts.

Here's what I ended up with:

RRA 9mm Upper
RRA 9mm Magwell Adapter
RRA 9mm Bolt (not really a "bolt carrier" per se as it's a single piece with a spring loaded firing pin)
RRA 9mm Hammer
RRA 9mm Buffer
Other parts from other manufacturers and are not 9mm specific
C Products 10 rd Magazines

Cost wasn't too bad, $480 for the upper, ~$215 for the 9mm specific parts and I paid about $300 (not including taxes/fees/shipping/etc) for the combined lower/lower parts/stock/rear sight which would obviously vary depending on your tastes.

For the first 30 or so rounds it would FTE every 2 or 3 rounds, which definitely had me worried but after that it settled down and I haven't had a single problem since. Obviously 300 rounds over a few range days isn't a very strenuous test but I'm fairly confident in it now, especially given all the reliability problems I had heard about with 9mm AR carbines.

One thing to note is that the magazines fit very tightly, in fact currently I can't load a loaded magazine while the bolt is closed, but the bolt hold open works fine and I think with some tweaking of the magwell adapter I could get that working better.

TMC
02-23-2011, 8:43 PM
I had all kinds of trouble getting my 9mm AR to work. I finally now have a featureless that runs on proven magazines. I also went with the cmmg lower after trying the Hahn and RRA mag blocks.

But the real deal is the Olympic 45ACP AR! I just put one together and have not had one issue in over 200 rounds through it. It worked the first time. Oly has some sweet 10-round proprietary mags that fit in the normal AR magwell and have last round bolt hold open feature. Oly designed the ejector out of a coiled spring that kicks the cases out which looks funky but works great.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6961/img0109fw.jpg

Here is my solution to the 9mm carbine buffer length solution...bolt w/loctite the stock to the receiver extension.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/1015/img0111mo.jpg

Nope Olympic is crap, I've been told so by a member here. Doesn't matter that we have well running rifles, as do 3-4 other guys I know, they are still crap.

Packy14
02-23-2011, 9:34 PM
I had one of these... a RRA setup. It shot well, but I realized for me there was no point in having a 16inch bullet buttoned 9mm rifle when I could have a 16inch bullet buttoned 5.56 rifle. If i'm going to have a gun that big, it better be able to
1) do more damage
2) reach out and touch someone

Past 100 yards, 9mm even out of a rifle sucks in accuracy and power delivery. I enjoyed it, shot it, sold it...glad I did.

1911su16b870
02-23-2011, 10:44 PM
Nope Olympic is crap, I've been told so by a member here. Doesn't matter that were have well running rifles, as do 3-4 other guys I know, they are still crap.

What experience do you have assembling or running a pistol caliber AR?

You've used a 45ACP AR? You've run a 45ACP AR? You've been told by 4-5 guys that they are no good. Hearsay. :mad:

Well now you have another data point for your hearsay that in one case, an Oly 45acp upper assembly was good and worked out of the box - ZERO problems. I run my guns, so time will tell if my opinion will change.

If it is crap, I'll be the first one to say so. If you have personal hands-on experience with the subject matter, please chime in.

TMC
02-24-2011, 7:21 AM
What experience do you have assembling or running a pistol caliber AR?

You've used a 45ACP AR? You've run a 45ACP AR? You've been told by 4-5 guys that they are no good. Hearsay. :mad:

Well now you have another data point for your hearsay that in one case, an Oly 45acp upper assembly was good and worked out of the box - ZERO problems. I run my guns, so time will tell if my opinion will change.

If it is crap, I'll be the first one to say so. If you have personal hands-on experience with the subject matter, please chime in.

You missunderstood my sarcastic post. I have an Olympic 9mm that runs great and know 3 other guys who also have them and don't have any problems. I was told by a forum member (in a similar thread on 9mm AR's and who has posted in this thread) that Olympic rifles are crap even though he has never owned or shot one.

I think Olympic are the best because you don't have to put special parts in a 223 rifle lower to make it run. Mine has an adaptor so I can use unmodified 32 round Sten mags (mine is on a registered lower). Its a great set up.

shark92651
02-24-2011, 8:02 AM
Anybody have one of the Double Diamond dedicated 9mm lowers? I just ordered one of these lowers to use for my 9mm AR project. I like the way they designed the magwell to look like it was actually made for the 9mm mags. Should cut down on weight as well.

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae310/DDLES/9mmSBR10a.jpg

pacrimguru
02-24-2011, 8:21 AM
^ i'm really liking that. but ouch, they are $$$, aren't they.

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae310/DDLES/AR15-9mm-SBR.gif

BigBamBoo
02-24-2011, 8:40 AM
What is the lead time for the lower?

Take care,Stan

Anybody have one of the Double Diamond dedicated 9mm lowers? I just ordered one of these lowers to use for my 9mm AR project. I like the way they designed the magwell to look like it was actually made for the 9mm mags. Should cut down on weight as well.

shark92651
02-24-2011, 8:42 AM
^ i'm really liking that. but ouch, they are $$$, aren't they.

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae310/DDLES/AR15-9mm-SBR.gif

Yeah, not cheap, but $265 for the basic lower is not bad. They are billet and when you compare the price to a billet 5.56 lower + magwell conversion block then it starts to look like a decent deal. Unless of course you select the 7075 aluminum, the VLTOR styling, custom engraving.... then it starts to get way up there.

What is the lead time for the lower?

Take care,Stan

They quoted me 4 weeks, which is not bad. From reading on M4carbine it was taking a couple months not too long ago. I think they recently added another CNC machine.

pacrimguru
02-24-2011, 9:13 AM
please let us know how it works out, i'm very interested but i love my dedicated hahn block too much to drop it without knowing if this lower runs well or not. but the weight savings and vltor contour matching is calling out to me.

BigBamBoo
02-24-2011, 9:27 AM
Yes...please post up pics and opion/feelings about the receiver. I have a few billet rcvr's and have been thinking about what to do with one....a 9mm sounds fun.

Take cate,Stan

Nathan Krynn
02-24-2011, 9:30 AM
Having a pistol cal in your carbine is not a waist. Remember that prior to the 30-30 most people had 45 LC or what ever their pistol was in their lever gun carbine. Carry only one type of ammo is smart for long distance.

When I rode a lot in the wilds I carried a 44mag lever gun as that was the same as my pistol I carried. Now a days I do not ride anymore, so sad.

Also if you were taking this a long way on say a CA-FL walking trip then you probably would never shoot unless it was very close as to not let anyone know you are there.

ElvenSoul
02-24-2011, 9:39 AM
Ya know DD's Ranch has those HiPoint Carbines with Bullet Button for $290

762.DEFENSE
02-24-2011, 9:43 AM
:drool5:

1911su16b870
02-24-2011, 9:57 AM
You missunderstood my sarcastic post...

No worries bro! Use smilies to indicate sarcasm! :D

1911su16b870
02-24-2011, 9:59 AM

OK, OK...when will Riflegear get them in...the money is screaming to be set free from my wallet! :D

vf111
02-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Anybody know where I can pick up a 9mm marked lower in the Sacramento area?

Sicarius
02-24-2011, 1:08 PM
Though a dedicated 9mm lower may seem expensive. When you add a 100+ mag block to an OLL, it really isn't that bad. Also consider that the dedicated lower will run more reliably...
Kevin

BigBamBoo
03-05-2011, 7:32 PM

locosway
03-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Hell and no, I would never rely primary on a pistol cartridge in a rifle. for CQB house clearing with the right ammo sure but the limitations of the cartridge are evident beyond 50 yds.

It's a fun gun to shoot.

A pistol cartridge would be fine between CA and FL.

Does anyone even understand what types of animals there are anymore? The worst you would run up against would be people.

morfeeis
03-06-2011, 12:02 AM
i know i'll get laughed out of this thread for saying this but, as an AR 556 shooter and owner i just missed the whole point of a 9mm AR, the cost just dont support the bennefits TO ME. i have a 9mm carbine that is accurate out to 120 yards is reliable and very cost effective (it cost me $-400) and when taken to Angeles range i can ping the 100yrd targets 10/10 pulls and i suck.

1911su16b870
03-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Not everyone has the opportunity to shoot rifle cartridges at their nearby range and that is where a 9mm AR comes in.

morfeeis
03-06-2011, 12:23 AM
no no no, what i'm saying is, why buy a $900 9mm ar when you could go 22lr or buy something like another style carbine for far less?

shark92651
03-06-2011, 8:15 AM
Any news on the lower you ordered?

Take care,Stan

Not yet, they initially told me 4 weeks so I will give them at least that long before I bug them about it ;)

shark92651
03-06-2011, 8:18 AM
i know i'll get laughed out of this thread for saying this but, as an AR 556 shooter and owner i just missed the whole point of a 9mm AR, the cost just dont support the bennefits TO ME. i have a 9mm carbine that is accurate out to 120 yards is reliable and very cost effective (it cost me $-400) and when taken to Angeles range i can ping the 100yrd targets 10/10 pulls and i suck.

I'm confused, you own a 9mm carbine but you miss the point of a 9mm carbine?

BigBamBoo
03-06-2011, 9:17 AM

crazychinaman
03-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Looking to start a project.
I want to end up with a GOOD , hugh quality CA legal AR Style rifle in 9mm.

This is new to me. ( I mean the 9mm part.)

I do not have a budget for this. Whatever it takes is fine.

Also need advice on magazines.

Thank You.

I use a ASA 9mm flat top upper.The kit comes with a new buffer and a new hammer and mag well adapter. It is a copy of the Colt.I use it about four years now .Now problems. I use Promags and Uzi mags and Colt factory mags. They all work fine.You must use good ammo.It likes hot ammo the Fiochi and 9mm Plus P's. Try the new C products mag from 44mag.They will ship to Ca.

veterosa
03-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Here is my share of 9mm AR pistol.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm279/zmefly0130/olypistol1.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm279/zmefly0130/Oly9mmpistomag.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm279/zmefly0130/Olypistol4.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm279/zmefly0130/Olypistol3.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm279/zmefly0130/Olypistol2.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm279/zmefly0130/Oly9mmpistol.jpg[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

blkrifle223
03-11-2011, 12:10 AM
Not yet, they initially told me 4 weeks so I will give them at least that long before I bug them about it ;)

Are you guys going to carry this lowers?

morfeeis
03-11-2011, 12:44 AM
I'm confused, you own a 9mm carbine but you miss the point of a 9mm carbine?
sorry should have said 9MM AR....

Some folks (like me) just like something different. And I know when I want something...I want the "best" that I can get my hands on. I learned long ago (for myself) that doing things on the cheap always was a let down. And I ended up spending twice as much to re-do it and get what I wanted in the first place. So a budget/stock rifle is not for me.

I have a couple of .223/5.56 rifle currently. And one 9mm pistol...that I never shoot. I have about 2000 rounds of 9mm ammo and figure a 9mm AR would be a fun plinking rifle that will double duty as a "behind the door" house gun with Glaser ammo.

Anyways....everyone has their own ideas and wants so please do not take this as a attack on what works for you. Sounds like your $400 9mm rifle works great for your needs and that is what matters.

Take care,Stan
None taken, i love the thing and when i show up at the range with it most folks ask what it is and want to give it a try. as for me opening my big mouth i just like others to know they have options.

1Fastrider
03-29-2011, 9:10 AM
For a spike's upper/mag well block what 10 round mags should I get and where to get them?

BigBamBoo
03-29-2011, 9:38 AM

1Fastrider
03-29-2011, 1:27 PM
Picked a couple up from Rifle Gear at lunch. Good, quick service there as always.

thrillhouse700
04-05-2011, 1:02 PM

Sooooooooo shark, please tell us you will be stocking these lowers at RG? Me want :)

Wildhawk66
04-05-2011, 5:01 PM

Wow, I really like the way that looks. I'd be all over one of these if it took Glock mags.