PDA

View Full Version : How great is LWRC??

CK_32
02-21-2011, 9:23 AM
My friend from work just bought a LWRC m6a2 from rifle gear. AMAZING LOOKING RIFLE!

I've been telling him to just build and what ever but he went LWRC anyways..

My question is I feel its equal to my rifle but has higher quality control and is a factory built rifle from trusty people reason its a little $$..

But his ar is pretty much going to preform just as good as my BCM upper on mega lower with DPMS LPK and everything full milspec right??

Im just wondering because I know my build is pretty solid but is LWRC like that much more amazing??

shark92651
02-21-2011, 9:29 AM
Kind of apples and oranges. The LWRC is a gas piston design with free float and nice flip up sights. I'm sure both rifles will go bang and throw lead down range. BCM makes a nice upper, but it costs less to produce.

CK_32
02-21-2011, 9:33 AM
Ok well say I changed it out to be a competitor to the LWRC..

bought and built a BCM/mega gas block free float and all the rest and got tacticool with it would they match up?

Im not trying to poop of LWRC by any means.. Just wondering.. exactly how much greater are their rifles and why..

hcbr
02-21-2011, 9:49 AM
It's like saying what's the difference between a toyota and Lexus, don't get me wrong, LWRC is a great company and they do make sure that their rifles are built to their own QA spec, but i don't think you need to make a pseudo pissing contest out of it , your rifle should be great since you put your time and effort into it. If you want to match it up to the LWRC, then i'd say look into a good gas piston kit design, but otherwise, the parts you have in it are great.

Believe me, to one their own, your buddy just wanted to spend a bit more to buy something complete and IMHO what you built on your own is worth more because you know what went in it!

Be happy with what you got... and to answer your real question, they do make some bad *** quality rifles, but hey people got to live up to a reputation.

CK_32
02-21-2011, 10:52 AM
I love my rifle and I wouldn't trade it for the world.. I was just wondering if he really got his moneys worth paying for it and I was wrong in telling him he could build the same/save money doing it. Or it could be done..

I know completes make a little over head but I was just wondering if from certain companies were like the hammer of thor and they have some kind of amazing tactical pixy dust that destroys all other rifles..

gmcal
02-21-2011, 11:24 AM
I own a BCM and love it. But the LWRC comes standard with features that BCM doesn't. Flip up sights, rail, Magpul MIAD, Vltor EMOD and the various coatings and metal treatments are all standard on the M6A2. I'd say with all that included that LWRC rifles are priced fairly. Whether or not you want those features or are willing to pay for them is another issue.

Edit to add: they also come with a CHF barrel.

CRTguns
02-21-2011, 11:39 AM
LWRC is FREEKING GREAT!!!-

Dude... from an engineering standpoint, considering the "small stuff" that LWRC pays attention to that others don't. Surface finishes, coatings; every screw has a specific and effective torque setting. The taper pins are precisely reamed and pressed so they protrude equally from each side. The fire control springs are de-burred on the ends. The trigger surfaces are polished to a mirror (if you get std GI fcg) The lowers are ceracoated on ALL surfaces- not just the part you see. The plastics are deburred and all sharp edges around the mold lines are trimmed. There are no marks or blems from tooling or assembly to be found. LWRC takes pride in their work- imo- one of the best manufacturing companies left in the US, guns aside- they are a great company. The REPR boasts and delivers better performance and features than the KAC M110 that costs 3x as much. There are not many guns you can buy that are built to this level of quality and performance.

The only hard part is really convincing most people that when you buy an M6, you are investing $1800 dollars in a durable good- not spending it on a consumable good. But then, most gun guys lack the experience and ability to realize the advantages to a gun like a Land Warfare. I am a gunsmith and machinst- I live to tinker and prototype and the such I have a rediculous gun collection- everything is unique and state-of-the-art...BUT, my LWRC has remained in its original factory condition- I cannot contribute any improvements to this rifle.

Lrchops
02-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Many LE's in my jurisdiction carry LWRC rifles as duty weapons. I have trained with them at the LE range and shot the LWRC. Great rifles! But I will stick with my Colt 6940 gas impingement system!!

I do believe the gas impingement system was Colts fix for problems with gas piston rifles!! But now companies like LWRC have improved the gas piston assembly. H&K makes the most reliable gas piston rifle in the world!

Droppin Deuces
02-21-2011, 12:49 PM
I know completes make a little over head but I was just wondering if from certain companies were like the hammer of thor and they have some kind of amazing tactical pixy dust that destroys all other rifles..

That's LaRue. And it's called Dillo Dust:cool:

The DRis
02-21-2011, 1:53 PM
I thought LWRC was all just hype...

Until my dad bought two. I will defintely be adding 1 or two to my stable in the future. They are nice freaking guns.

The DRis
02-21-2011, 1:54 PM
That's LaRue. And it's called Dillo Dust:cool:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

CRTguns
02-21-2011, 7:48 PM
Many LE's in my jurisdiction carry LWRC rifles as duty weapons. I have trained with them at the LE range and shot the LWRC. Great rifles! But I will stick with my Colt 6940 gas impingement system!!

I do believe the gas impingement system was Colts fix for problems with gas piston rifles!! But now companies like LWRC have improved the gas piston assembly. H&K makes the most reliable gas piston rifle in the world!

Colt 6900 series models were teh best Colt ever produced.

i<3HK
02-21-2011, 7:52 PM
great rifles! but a little pricey :/

Kceads
02-21-2011, 8:31 PM
I like the pure beauty of AR design. Creating a piston driven rifle from a gas impingement design introduces a lot of unwanted complexity. My gas piston rifle were designed as gas piston from the ground up and they are simple and reliable.

The DRis
02-21-2011, 9:49 PM
Complexity? How?

dogg007
02-22-2011, 1:49 AM
I originally was going to get a lWRC M6A2 as well but I decided to build my own. Nothing against the LWRC. It's loaded with every feature you'd want. I just decided to get experience as far as building my own lower assy. I'm definitely nor ruling out the M6A2. Nothing wrong with having 2 ARs. or more.