PDA

View Full Version : 7.62 x 39 Upper. Heavier recoil spring needed? UPDATED: Solved.

c good
02-20-2011, 7:51 PM
C Products 10 round magazine. I'm having trouble with the first round not stripping with enough force. The round starts to strip and feed then the bolt just seems to run out of power. It only gets part way up the feed ramp. Doesn't even start to chamber sometimes. The FMJ rounds are not getting stuck on anything. I have a B.A.D. on this rifle and it will not strip the top round at all when I use it, it just stops moving forward. If I pull back all the way on the charging handle and let it fly it will strip the top round and feed only part of the time. Magazine is not causing the problem, just seems like the recoil spring isn't strong enough. I'm using a standard spring and buffer for a 5.56/.223 upper. Thanks for any input.

UPDATED. Thanks JoeLogic!! Put in the Wolff XP Recoil Spring. Problem Solved. B.A.D. even works. c good

frigginchi
02-20-2011, 9:43 PM
Try loading 9 rds. Worked better for me.

joelogic
02-20-2011, 10:24 PM
I didnt have to switch the spring for mine. Are you using the right spring/buffer for your type of stock? They do make Wolff +10% springs.

c good
02-21-2011, 7:40 AM
Standard A2 stock, spring, and buffer. Correct for this stock AFAIK but will double check it with my other build.

c good
03-07-2011, 4:25 PM
Solved. BTT