PDA

View Full Version : For those of you that use aimpoint comp m2's on your ar's.

ChrisO
02-20-2011, 1:26 PM
While I usually equip my rifles with eotechs, I recently acquired a comp m2. This is a REALLY hard use rifle. I'm thinking a rubber cover would help it and I have the rubber lens covers. I'm wondering what you guys are using? The plastic flip ups or if you use lens covers? Also will flip up lens covers work with the killflash? Where can I get the rubber covers,lens covers and other aimpoint accessories? Thanks in advance.

Toolbox X
02-20-2011, 1:49 PM
I can sell you almost everything Aimpoint related. My website is www.reddotoptics.com. Feel free to give me a call. I can answer a lot of your questions.

-Grant

tomd1584
02-20-2011, 2:13 PM
i dont think that a rubber cover is necessary, otherwise you'd see them for every Aimpoint model. How hard are you using your rifle?

voiceoftheright
02-20-2011, 2:17 PM
While I usually equip my rifles with eotechs, I recently acquired a comp m2. This is a REALLY hard use rifle. I'm thinking a rubber cover would help it and I have the rubber lens covers. I'm wondering what you guys are using? The plastic flip ups or if you use lens covers? Also will flip up lens covers work with the killflash? Where can I get the rubber covers,lens covers and other aimpoint accessories? Thanks in advance.

I too have rubber flip up lens covers and don't feel a rubberized cover is necessary. Killflash can be installed without removal of lens cover. If you need Aimpoint accessories, I like Opticsplanet.com. Free shipping after $29.95 and great prices as it is.

tomd1584
02-20-2011, 4:32 PM
dont forget, SKDtac.com has $5 flat rate shipping if you decide to buy this stuff.

Omega13device
02-20-2011, 7:39 PM
How do you define "really hard use"? Does that just mean a lot of rounds down the pipe? Or is it going in the trunk where it'll be bumping into stuff constantly?

Noah3683
02-20-2011, 8:03 PM
If you are typically fine with EoTech I would not question the durability of Aimpoint. All in all I prefer Aimpoint other than the extra required mount, reticle and narrower field of view. Durability, ease of operation and battery life as well as looks go hands down to Aimpoint for me. That being said I'm running the Eotech on my Noveske because it was $200 cheaper overall. Plus the reticle and FOV were trumping factors for me. I'm not taking it to war anytime soon, and it's plenty durable for me. Hell even if I were taking it to war I wouldn't be concerned. If all else fails, that's what quality irons are for

ChrisO
02-20-2011, 8:15 PM
How do you define "really hard use"? Does that just mean a lot of rounds down the pipe? Or is it going in the trunk where it'll be bumping into stuff constantly?

The gun is my do it all gun basically. It gets thrown in and out of the truck EVERY day and is basically a ranch gun. I shoot probably at least 20 rounds a week at various critters yotes,squirrels crap like that... so it does not see a whole lot of rounds just gets banged around a lot.

jumbopanda
02-20-2011, 8:52 PM
The gun is my do it all gun basically. It gets thrown in and out of the truck EVERY day and is basically a ranch gun. I shoot probably at least 20 rounds a week at various critters yotes,squirrels crap like that... so it does not see a whole lot of rounds just gets banged around a lot.

If it's just going to be transported around a lot, why not get a decent case for it? When I think "hard use" I think a lot of rounds down the pipe plus rolling around in dirt and mud.

Then again, I generally prefer all my optics to have lens covers just to be safe.

Dhena81
02-20-2011, 9:08 PM
I like the flip ups they won't get lost and they are water tight if you think you need a kill flash and a rubber cover go for it just know that it might add unnecessary weight. One thing to think about with the kill flash is it reduces the light transmission but if your shooting in the sun it will help. Everything is a trade off when adding goodies to your rifle if anything buy it and see if you like it and is worth it to you and your rifles POU.

Omega13device
02-20-2011, 9:47 PM
In that case I think the rubber cover and the flip caps are a good idea.

ChrisO
02-20-2011, 10:50 PM
If it's just going to be transported around a lot, why not get a decent case for it? When I think "hard use" I think a lot of rounds down the pipe plus rolling around in dirt and mud.

Then again, I generally prefer all my optics to have lens covers just to be safe.

A case just gets in the way for how I use my rifle and when I need to use it. Generally it gets thrown on the back seats and I grab it when I need it, Usually fast and usually not to worried about banging the rifle up. It gets covered in dirt and mud quite often.

ChrisO
02-20-2011, 10:51 PM
I like the flip ups they won't get lost and they are water tight if you think you need a kill flash and a rubber cover go for it just know that it might add unnecessary weight. One thing to think about with the kill flash is it reduces the light transmission but if your shooting in the sun it will help. Everything is a trade off when adding goodies to your rifle if anything buy it and see if you like it and is worth it to you and your rifles POU.

I have a killflash already I just wanted to make sure the caps would fit with it on and with the rubber housing.

ChrisO
02-20-2011, 10:52 PM
In that case I think the rubber cover and the flip caps are a good idea.

This is what I was thinking, Will the caps work with the rubber cover? Thats what I was unsure about.