PDA

View Full Version : Wolf 12ga... What are you thoughts?

insin
09-22-2006, 12:50 AM
I was looking into the shot and slugs made by wolf in 12ga. I notice that a case can be had for under $100. For a pump shottie, how does it fair?

kilword
09-22-2006, 1:54 AM
ive shots cases of the stuff. they work great!
id say quality is alot better then other ammo made by wolf.
its all i use really. wolf slugs and 00 buck. cant beat the price.
alot of people out there, this is the only stuff they use.
a worth buy!
where are you looking to get it from?

xenophobe
09-22-2006, 3:03 AM
From what I've heard, the Wolf 12ga for sporting clays is excellent ammunition and cycles in semi auto shotguns that can be finicky.

Mudvayne540ld
09-22-2006, 6:04 PM
oooh
I wanna get some of thier Slugs and target loads!
If you have a site that sells em prety cheap, dont hold out!

xenophobe
09-22-2006, 7:06 PM
From what I've heard, the Wolf 12ga for sporting clays is excellent ammunition and cycles in semi auto shotguns that can be finicky.

And, just for the people who like to crap on my comments, I know this because we been the sole supplier for ammo for numerous NFL Celebrity Shoots at Coyote Valley Sporting Clays... 20-30 cases at a time...

capitol
09-23-2006, 3:59 PM
Ive run Wolf 12ga slugs through my Benelli M3 for years without issue. They are damn accurate at 50 yards. I picked up several cases from Miwall a few years ago for $79 per.
I will admit they cycle a lil slow with my M3, but the shotgun is always ready by the time Im back on target :)
Get some and you wont regret it.

DV8
09-24-2006, 10:10 AM
I havent heard anything bad about it so far. Apparently, shotgun ammo is the 1 thing that Wolf does very well. Plus the prices are great. I plan on getting a case or 2 soon.

WolfMansDad
09-24-2006, 8:03 PM
The Wolf shotgun shells are made in Spain, whereas the rifle and pistol ammo is made in Russia. Different factories, management, processes, etc.

I really like wolf 12 gauge target loads. I've patterned Wolf, Federal, Winchester, and Estate, and the wolf had the best (tightest and most uniform) pattern of them all. It was easily half the size of the federal!

Can't speak of wolf slugs or buckshot, but I can definitely recommend federal tru-ball slugs. I once put three 12 gauge tru-balls through the SAME HOLE at 50 yards, out of a smooth bored clays gun (cylindar bore). OK, it was actually a really tight cloverleaf, but I'd call that the same hole.

E. Fudd
09-24-2006, 9:09 PM
Fwiw, the slugs and 00 buck are made in Germany and shoot fine, imho.

insin
09-24-2006, 9:18 PM
Okay, Sounds like there arent too many bad experiences with them. Ill give them a try.

Santa Cruz Armory
09-25-2006, 9:39 AM
If you have an account at Midway you can get slugs for $2.09 and 00 for $1.79 box of 5 shells. Im gonna pick some up for my new Mossy on my next order.