View Full Version : Mini-14 Muzzle Brake question

02-19-2011, 9:55 PM
Recently I found an new in the packaging Ramline Muzzle device for the Mini-14 I bought over 8 years ago in a box. I bought the muzzle device at a local gunshop and it was sold & labelled as a Muzzle Brake even though it looked like a flash hider. I know the difference between a Brake & Flash hider but I've searched all over the forum and have seen the same response that it is really up to what the manufacturer labels the muzzle device as. I am just wondering if it would be AWB compliant if it were installed on a Mini-14. If it were, I was planning on attaching it and having multiple laminated printed copies of what Ramline & Midway sold it as.

I don't have a camera handy to take a picture of mine but Here are the exact same Muzzle devices that were labeled/sold by Ramline & MidwayUSA as Muzzle Brakes.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

02-19-2011, 10:20 PM
I had one of these on an older Ranch years ago as a ATV gun... I shot that rifle at night and that hider will suppress the flash.

Just my 2 cent.

02-19-2011, 11:28 PM
Does it happen to look like this?

02-19-2011, 11:33 PM
For my mini i researched this extensively. IMO that is a flash hider. My gunsmith stated his recomendation as well, and it was to stay away from anything but holes.