View Full Version : Where do you Rank LaRue Tactical AR's on your List ? ? ? ?

02-19-2011, 2:36 PM
What do you guys think of them and where would you Rank them with other AR
companies out there?

02-19-2011, 3:21 PM
I was also wondering. Up there with BCM and colt?

02-19-2011, 3:24 PM
I'm sure it's a nice rifle but I'm also sure the price tag is 500$ more than a BCM, LMT or Daniels Defence which from what I hear are very solid rifles. I couldn't justify spending 500$+ extra on just a brand name..!

02-19-2011, 3:26 PM
mounts for the acog is awesome, service is really good.

Droppin Deuces
02-19-2011, 3:44 PM
They are awesome. I wouldn't roll around in the dirt with mine, though. I have an LMT carbine for that.

02-19-2011, 3:57 PM
They are top quality, and their rifles are capable of smaller groups then many other manufacturers products. They are expensive, because they use billet upper and lower receivers, very high quality barrels, top notch handguards and are assembled to very high standards. You just have to decide what things are important to you in an AR.
AR's are kind of a funny beast. There so many ways to use/configure one, that you first have to decide what you want it to do for you. Once you know that, you can better decide which one you best suits your needs.
There are now many quality companies making fine AR's.

02-20-2011, 9:31 AM
Are tehy much better then the other brands out there or is it just the name? If you are looking to have 1 AR long term and for SHTF are they worth it? Or better to go with something like DD?

02-20-2011, 9:41 AM
They make great rifles but as has already been mentioned they are quite a bit more expensive than other great rifles. In addition they are often heavier than comparable rifles. If they fit with what you want in a rifle and are in your budget then go for it. I don't think I've heard/read of anyone not being happy with a LaRue rifle.

B Strong
02-20-2011, 9:47 AM
I'm a fan.

I've only shot one of their rifles, it went bang when intended, but at their price point, I'm not convinced I need one.