PDA

View Full Version : Troy or Magpul furniture?

Hedge
02-19-2011, 1:55 PM
I just got a new toy and I am just curious to see what all of my fellow calgunners think of the mountains of different furniture out there.

so what do you think, Magpul or Troy?

SureShot241
02-19-2011, 1:57 PM
Magpul never dissapoints.

OutlawDon
02-19-2011, 2:06 PM
Whatever fits, feels, and looks right to YOU.

I like Magpul for their innovations, but I've tried and like other brands as well.

Too many choices to give a simple answer.

Try them in person, and not just go by what's cool and flavor of the week.

Droppin Deuces
02-19-2011, 2:07 PM
Magpul never dissapoints.

Sure they do.

ArmyMedicMoose
02-19-2011, 2:15 PM
man thats a tough one. I have a few of both, I love magpul stocks. I have the UBR on my 6.5 grendel and the ctr on my SR556. I love troy rails and sights, I have the Extreme MRX 15" rail on my grendel rifle. I love that rail easy to install and looks real cool. I have felt troy's new stocks their nice but no magpul product.

Hedge
02-19-2011, 2:19 PM
So far I have the Magpul BUIS rear, BIAD, CTR, and assorted Pmags. I also, have YHM free float rail with Troy covers and Troy vert. front grip.

To clarify: I am not asking which one should I get but more which one do you prefer and why.

DDRH
02-19-2011, 2:30 PM
Mix n match. Both have quality accessories.

I went with UBR stock, Troy BUIS.

Exile Machine
02-19-2011, 2:30 PM
When in doubt, try some of each...
-Mark

Lone_Gunman
02-19-2011, 2:32 PM
I have the MOE stock and middy handguard. 'Cause I like the way they look, and I'm not some tacticool operator so I don't really need a quad rail to mount a bunch of crap on.

evidens83
02-19-2011, 2:39 PM
Be careful saying the M word around here. It seems whoever likes M_____ nowadays must be a ninja :rolleyes: Personally I love their products YMMV.

Droppin Deuces
02-19-2011, 2:59 PM
Be careful saying the M word around here. It seems whoever likes M_____ nowadays must be a ninja :rolleyes: Personally I love their products YMMV.

I just hate their crappy grips.

Oh, and the MOE stock.

Everything else is cool.

Ruiner
02-19-2011, 3:25 PM
I personally love the MIAD. YMMV

Dreaded Claymore
02-19-2011, 3:29 PM
I have the MOE pistol grip, I love it. The angle and the lack of a finger groove make it fit me better than the stock A2. No other Magpul furniture so far.

Maddog5150
02-19-2011, 3:48 PM
Troy! Stop drinking kool aid and be an anti ninja :p

Endless
02-19-2011, 5:00 PM
Go Troy or Hk. Don't mess with what millions of other gun owners have in Magpul. Everywhere I go I see Magpul. Doesn't mean they are the best, best on the wallet, yes since they are super cheap. Be unique and mix and match parts. Try different makers.

evidens83
02-19-2011, 5:41 PM
Go Troy or Hk. Don't mess with what millions of other gun owners have in Magpul. Everywhere I go I see Magpul. Doesn't mean they are the best, best on the wallet, yes since they are super cheap. Be unique and mix and match parts. Try different makers.

HK furniture for the AR? I'd go with TROY or DD for the sights. Either LMT or Magpul for the stock. I'm starting to dig the rubber LMT ERGO pistol grip. Handguards? I dislike the MOE IMHO I'd go DD or your basic oval HG. I like the BAD but you cant go wrong with the Phase 5 either. Sling? BFG or Tacstrap.

Ak707
02-19-2011, 5:59 PM
If you need the quad rail go Troy, if you don't go magpul.
Or if you want it to look cooler regardless of you need for the quad rail go troy my opinion the quad rail just makes the gun look awsome.
For the sights I'd deffinetly go with Troy over magpul there's no way I'd put plastic back up sights on my rifle.
Matter of fact I just got done putting a set of troy buis on my gun. I got them from ar15-tactical.com $170 free shipping. Best deal ive seen to date

762.DEFENSE
02-19-2011, 6:58 PM
Both make great products in my opinion.

RobGR
02-19-2011, 7:51 PM
Mix n match. Both have quality accessories.

I went with UBR stock, Troy BUIS.

+1

Get the best of both worlds. Def prefer the Troy BUI flip sights.

hellraiser
02-19-2011, 7:57 PM
I went with some magpul on my gun because it looked good to me and more importantly was cost effective.

Ruiner
02-19-2011, 8:45 PM
I'd go with the Troy BUIS hands down if $$ isn't a factor. Other than that, I like magpul's stocks and grips. It all comes down to personal preference. Looking over magpul just because "everyone else has it" is pretty silly IMO.

Crowesnest
02-20-2011, 6:04 AM
Mix and match it. I personally like the Magpul look, so I wound up getting a MIAD, Moe Handguard, and ACS stock. I know Troy makes some great stuff, but Magpul seems to be the budget builder's choice.

brushfire21
02-20-2011, 9:35 AM
Do what looks and feels right for your build along with $$$$. All of my builds have been different and I have mixed and matched Midwest Industries, LMT, Magpul, Troy, Daniel Defense, Larue etc. The only thing that is a constant is that I really like the Magpul ACS stock and have 3 of them in various colors along with a CTR for a lightweight stock and skeleton stock that is on an Robarms XCR.