View Full Version : Direct Inpingment or Gas Piston? ON AN AR PLATFORM

02-17-2011, 10:39 PM
I want to hear people opinions on why they think one is better than the other..... so start your bullet points and powerpoint presentations and lets hear it!

02-18-2011, 12:02 AM
IMO, its all opinionated. It depends on what you want out of your rifle, it's purpose. For example, I have a LWRC pistol, its purpose is for if SHTF. It requires little to no maintenance, +1, which is a good thing if your constantly on the move or your someone who doesn't like to clean their guns. Again purpose. I also have a few DI Noveskes, their purpose is for shooting targets at the range (100-300 yards). Both my DI's and Piston's are very high quality and reliable but it depends on what you want out of it. DI has a long track record of proven reliability, +1. DI also has less parts involved then a piston system so thats a plus for most people, +1. That doesn't bother me because I have spare piston parts just like I have extra gas tubes and gas blocks. I'm sure there's a lot of people that will disagree with me and thats fine. To each his own.