PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Benelli M3 Super 90 Review?

cornholio1
09-19-2006, 4:23 PM
How do you like it, and how much did you pay for it? Are the barrels interchangeable? I understand the option to go from semi auto to pump. Can I pump normal loads as well? Thanks

50 Shooter
09-19-2006, 7:36 PM
I don't think they make any other barrels for the M3 besides the one for the folding stock version. You could always email Benelli and ask them what options they offer as far as that goes.

You can pump anything through it, in semi mine hates those crappy Activ all plastic rounds. Other then that you might find some low base stuff that won't cycle the action all the time.

I use to own a SPAS-12 until I saw the M3, the M3 is by far the better shotgun. Once you get use to the design you'll like the ability to be able to switch from pump to semi. Some times I think that Benelli treats the M3 as a redheaded step child as there's very few accessories for it.

Icarus
09-19-2006, 8:22 PM
I agree with Slamfire 100%.

1SGMAT
09-19-2006, 8:42 PM
get a vang comp 11-87

lazyman
09-19-2006, 11:48 PM
I happen to like the m3's pump action very much. it feels spring loaded. when you pump it back the spring assists it forward. very good feel. I don't think it's that stiff. it feels different than my 870 but I don't think one is easier to cock than the other. only complain i have is that the m3 is so damn big for me. I'm small 5'8 short arms. the pump on the m3 is wayy out there for me

Pokey
09-20-2006, 10:28 PM
How do you like it, and how much did you pay for it? Are the barrels interchangeable? I understand the option to go from semi auto to pump. Can I pump normal loads as well? Thanks

It's a good weapon, I use mine for 3 gun all of the time. That being said, if I had to do it over I think I would go with the M1. Accessories are MUCH easier to come by and the whole pump capability is a little overrated in my opinion ( I originally thought "great if it fails in auto I can use pump to clear/recover!" Doesn't work that way, you have to choose ahead of time).
I think I paid in the neighborhood of $1100
There is a longer (28" I think), vented rib hunting/trap barrell available for around $350.
You can use pump anytime(but on empty you still have to hit the bolt release to close up). Auto can be finnicky but once you learn it's quirks, runs like a champ.
You shouldn't use any type of sidesaddle because they are very weight sensitive (this also effects what you hang on it.. lights etc.) and the aluminum receiver can end up with the holes egged out from recoil.

just my $0.02

capitol
09-23-2006, 4:06 PM
I will say up front I own and enjoy shooting my M3. If I was purchasing a semi auto shotgun today I would look to Remington.