PDA

View Full Version : Camping at Cachuma Lake in Santa Barbara. CCW?

nosewitdot
09-19-2006, 4:01 PM
I will be there in the next few days, and i was wondering if it is legal to carry my Beretta 92g while at the campsite. I could not find any answers. I do not have a CCW permit BTW.

metalhead357
09-19-2006, 5:04 PM
I will be there in the next few days, and i was wondering if it is legal to carry my Beretta 92g while at the campsite. I could not find any answers. I do not have a CCW permit BTW.

I dont know squat about the place specifically, but if its NOT a state park, national monument, or wildlife refuge you should be good to go----- barring any local ordinances,

WHO runs/oversee's the land? Park Ranger? FS green truck? BLM? If you can answer that then you're 99% of the way to having the answer.....

nosewitdot
09-19-2006, 5:43 PM
i went to this site http://www.recreation.gov/detail.cfm?ID=31 and it says the managing partner is the Bureau of Reclamation Santa Barbara County Parks Department. so i am not sure.

nosewitdot
09-19-2006, 5:49 PM
ok nevermind, i just called them, and they said there are no firearms allowed in the park.

metalhead357
09-19-2006, 7:53 PM
ok nevermind, i just called them, and they said there are no firearms allowed in the park.

Did you specifically ask if CCW was not allowed? A LOT of places say no firearms, but without it being specifically forbidden then its the equivilant of a city park's answer....so while true for most firearms a CCW'r would still be exempt from that one..........but again, that would be a CITY park, state parks are still a no-no.......

BUT OMG! Ya' just had to hit me with Bureau of Reclamation LOL! as I can honestly say I've never had to deal with them. Looking over thier site is about as helpful as concrete to a worm:cool:

going to actual link ya' gave AND THEN TO the actual site seems to say county park/recreation area; so this aint legal advice, use at your own peril; but I'd think you're covered under the exemption as the closest example I can give is Oroville Recreation area in which it IS ok to carry CCW............ YMMV

nosewitdot
09-19-2006, 8:57 PM
thanks for your help metalhead! i might just leave it at home this trip, just in case.

wildcard
09-19-2006, 9:12 PM
Too bad they don't allow you to do a little varminting.. LOTS of squirrels and crows there :rolleyes: Don't forget to bring quarters for the showers!

anotherted
09-20-2006, 7:33 AM
He he, i stayed there once. kinda nice. Going up tp the E. Sierras for a week on Sat. CANT WAIT!!!

mrtoeknee
09-25-2006, 4:49 PM
I love camping there. Too bad it's still "fire season", I always like to kill some time at the designated shooting area off of 154, 5 miles or so on East Camino Cielo Rd.. It's probably still closed with the weather being the way it is. Coldspring Tavern, Firestone Brewery, Solvang, etc., I wish I could head up there this weekend.