PDA

View Full Version : sgvgc first trip

glockk9mm
09-15-2006, 2:49 PM
I am making my first ever visit to the San Gabriel Valley Gun Club this weekend and I have a few questions. 1)Are 30-06 bolt rifles always allowed or only on certain days? 2) Can you rapid fire? 3) Can you take your own paper targets? And final question, 4)can I shoot my rifles and pistols on the same shooting lane?

69Mach1
09-15-2006, 6:42 PM
1. Ammunition up to 50 caliber is allowed. (.50 is the only caliber prohibited on weekends). Also no steel core ammo is allowed.
2.NO rapid fire.
3.Yes
4.Yes, except on the pistol lanes. I think it's pistols only (on the far left).

glockk9mm
09-15-2006, 6:54 PM
1. Ammunition up to 50 caliber is allowed. (.50 is the only caliber prohibited on weekends). Also no steel core ammo is allowed.
2.NO rapid fire.
3.Yes
4.Yes, except on the pistol lanes. I think it's pistols only (on the far left).

Thanks alot

The SoCal Gunner
09-16-2006, 3:15 AM
SGVGC is a nice place to shoot on the weekdays. Never been on a weekend. The range safety officers are cool and helpful. I had a target propped up to deflect my shells from hitting another guy and the RSO brought me one of their shell deflecters without me even asking. No worries either if you plan on shooting an OLL.

If you do bring your own targets, you'll need tape or a stapler to attach it to the target frame inserts.

Now does anyone know how to put up targets for the 200 yard range? I've only shot my rifle up to 100 yards.

glockk9mm
09-16-2006, 2:59 PM
Well I just cameback from sgvgc. It was a good fun time for me and my dad. I tried my bushmaster carbon-15 and I have to say it is a fun rifle. I only shot in the 100yrd range but had to bring it closer since I couldn't hit the targets without any practice. I hope they can keep it open.

Sheldon
09-16-2006, 8:41 PM
Now does anyone know how to put up targets for the 200 yard range? I've only shot my rifle up to 100 yards.

There is a road on the east end of the range that goes down to their combat ranges and also to the pits for the 200 yard line targets. You can either drive down there or walk to change/replace the targets at the 200 yard line at anytime as the targets are pivoted down and you are below the line of fire.