PDA

View Full Version : CMP sold out of Service Grades!!

chickenfried
09-15-2006, 3:45 PM
Breathing a sigh of relief. That they didn't get my cancellation request in time for the SG I received last week.
SERVICE GRADE GREEK GARANDS SOLD OUT. Service Grade Greek Garand rifles, NLU R004SA are sold out and have been removed from our website. We do think that we have enough inventory on hand to fill existing orders in the next few weeks.
http://www.odcmp.org/new_forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21445

metalhead357
09-15-2006, 8:53 PM
As noted in another forum..... sad thing this day and the end of another era:(

Gromulin
09-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Mine was shipped on 9/11, and they stopped sales on 9/15. I don't know if they paid special attention to the guns they shipped on 9/11, but the markings that were electric penciled onto the receiver show that it was rebuilt in 1965 at the Leadbetter arsenal, with a 1955 SA barrel and a HRA bolt. It looks like it never saw service after that. Muzzle wear 1.5 and absolutely no grease or other crap in the workings, at all. Handguards brand new (with a few dings). It's all brand new looking re-parked metal inside. I'm still amazed at the like-new condition.

I'm SO glad I got it before they were gone. I hope my son will appreciate it as much someday...especially with the 9/11 certificate from CMP.

xenophobe
09-20-2006, 1:04 AM
Too bad the Italian Government is so anit-gun.... otherwise there would be several hundred thousand Breda and Beretta Garands on the market...

They're being retired and chopped up right now.

wuhungsix
09-20-2006, 6:11 AM
They're being retired and chopped up right now.

the HORROR!!

EOD Guy
09-20-2006, 6:44 AM
Mine was shipped on 9/11, and they stopped sales on 9/15. I don't know if they paid special attention to the guns they shipped on 9/11, but the markings that were electric penciled onto the receiver show that it was rebuilt in 1965 at the Leadbetter arsenal, with a 1955 SA barrel and a HRA bolt.

It's Letterkenny Army Depot (LEAD) that did many of the rebuilds. There was no such installation as Leadbetter Arsenal.

Gromulin
09-20-2006, 8:37 PM
It's Letterkenny Army Depot (LEAD) that did many of the rebuilds. There was no such installation as Leadbetter Arsenal.

Sorry, I was posting from a hotel room in Vegas, did'nt have the book in front of me. Thanks for the correction.

Where can I find out more about Letterkenny and the mid 60's rebuilds? Mine was bone dry, and looked like it had never been lubed since being rebuilt.

I found some stuff at Jouster, but the interface for that site is like an 80's BBS ... Lots of good info there...just hard to find.