PDA

View Full Version : New to me HK USP 40

scott26
02-14-2011, 11:59 AM
I have 9 more days to wait before I can pick up my gun what do you guys recommend for a light and a holster. I don't want the holster the a concealed I want it to be on my belt with at least a retention 2. Any recommendation?

den888
02-14-2011, 4:59 PM
Congrats and welcome!

Heiko
02-14-2011, 5:09 PM
Congrats!

For a light you will need a rail adapter so go with the GG&G. It's more expensive than some plastic pieces out there but it's really nicely made and it will last. You could go with a Streamlight TLR-3 that will go on the proprietary H&K rails but the most popular light is the Streamlight TLR-1 or TLR-1s (strobe feature). I use a GG&G adapter on my USPs and can use either an Insight/Streamlight M3X or my TLR-2.

Holsters are a personal thing and it depends on what you will be doing with the gun/holster. Blackhawk CQC SERPA holsters are reasonably priced, easy to use, and have good retention. You do have to be extra careful of your trigger finger with the SERAP mechanism but being aware of where your trigger finger is is a must whenever you have a gun in your hand. If you want a holster that can accomodate the light, that'll be a little more difficult but look at offerings from Safariland.

Wicked Pete
02-14-2011, 5:58 PM
Good you decided to join. See you on the forums.

zod
02-14-2011, 8:46 PM
Here you go. TLR-1s for cheap.

http://www.ombexpress.com/p_FL779.aspx

Spend over $89 = free shipping. Good luck on the hunt. Welcome to Calguns.

Colt-45
02-15-2011, 1:05 AM
Welcome to Calguns and I recommend the M3 light/laser but you will need an adapter since HK USP40 uses proprietary rails.

scott26
02-15-2011, 7:06 AM
I am going to get the GG&G rail adapter and thanks for the link on the light that is just about the cheapest I have seen.