PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento's News 10 CCW Story

pitchbaby
02-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Video included on right side of the page at this link.

http://www.news10.net/news/story.aspx?storyid=122914&catid=2

Just aired 2/13/11

Veggie
02-13-2011, 10:57 PM
Wow not one negative thing from the news staff. Nice coverage.

Gotta love the Brady's predicting the chaos.

santacruzstefan
02-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Nice CGF mention there.

Window_Seat
02-13-2011, 11:07 PM
The BC steps into their own cattle manure by using this double negative as their fud strategy:

"I think in reality, it isn't safer if you have people who are undertrained on the streets that could use a gun in a very high pressure situation who are doing what only the police can do," said Rebecca Gonazales with the Brady Campaign."
(Source link) (http://www.news10.net/news/story.aspx?storyid=122914&catid=2)

The permit process requires a training course, so PROBLEM SOLVED, Misses Brady Campaign! :thumbsup:

Otherwise, good story, and they emphasized that YOU DO have to go through a training course several times, so the news crew did good by striking down the BCs :fud: Standing attaboys (& gals) for a good, well balanced & objective report! :thumbsup:

And the crew mentions CGF & SAF! :thumbsup:

Erik.

Anchors
02-13-2011, 11:11 PM
So awesome that they reported it without making funny faces.

Now post the one about OC being shall-issue now....

Oh wait :(

safewaysecurity
02-13-2011, 11:15 PM
At the end it seemed like the male anchor has a CCW permit since he talked about what they teach you when you take the required course.

pitchbaby
02-13-2011, 11:16 PM
So awesome that they reported it without making funny faces.

Now post the one about OC being shall-issue now....

Oh wait :(

There, there, all in good time.

pitchbaby
02-13-2011, 11:17 PM
At the end it seemed like the male anchor has a CCW permit since he talked about what they teach you when you take the required course.

Being that he is a "celebrity" it is likely he has had one since before they got the 22 applications in 2008.

Window_Seat
02-13-2011, 11:23 PM
As an added note, and after listening to Ms. Gonazales' talking points again, it seems that she (as a spokesperson for the Brady Campaign) is acknowledging & conceding SI/VSI CCW issuance to those who qualify under 12050 with her double negative statement (see my above post).

Could this maybe thrown back into their faces in the next reply brief in Richards?

Erik.

safewaysecurity
02-13-2011, 11:37 PM
As an added note, and after listening to Ms. Gonazales' talking points again, it seems that she (as a spokesperson for the Brady Campaign) is acknowledging & conceding SI/VSI CCW issuance to those who qualify under 12050 with her double negative statement (see my above post).

Could this maybe thrown back into their faces in the next reply brief in Richards?

Erik.

She said undertrained not untrained. And in her world she thinks that your average police officer has Spetznas level special forces training. Even though she doesn't care how much training a person has they will always make an excuse so that they can at least SEEM like they are not doing this because they philosophically disagree with the notion of freemen protecting their life,liberty, and property.

Zak
02-13-2011, 11:50 PM
"I think in reality, it isn't safer if you have people who are undertrained on the streets in a high pressure situation who are doing what only the police can do," said Rebecca Gonazales with the Brady Campaign.

Those police must be getting some damn good training

pitchbaby
02-14-2011, 12:29 AM

Erik.

One could only hope!

jtmkinsd
02-14-2011, 12:58 AM
Those police must be getting some damn good training

Hmmm...let me see...which one is my tazer again? :rolleyes:

IncVoid
02-14-2011, 1:12 AM
I must have mis-posted.

Who decides what training courses are certified, and who is certified to instruct?

CA DOJ? If CA DOJ dictates what training is good enough for LEOs then I'm sure they can dictate what is good enough training for civilians as well.
I'm sure we all agree training is never over.

Norcal Industries
02-14-2011, 1:44 AM
i liked it. seemed to show it in a proper light.

77bawls
02-14-2011, 2:11 AM
It made Cordova shooting center look like a decent place. :D

uyoga
02-14-2011, 7:30 AM
The anchor on the left of the video sort of left the impression that as a result of the "decision" to issue more CCW's, the previous practice of requiring training and background investigation was not being followed as rigorously anymore.

Did anyone walk away with that impression, or is it me?

The other two anchors cleaned it up at the end, though. Good for us!

RobG
02-14-2011, 8:03 AM
The anchor on the left of the video sort of left the impression that as a result of the "decision" to issue more CCW's, the previous practice of requiring training and background investigation was not being followed as rigorously anymore.

Did anyone walk away with that impression, or is it me?

The other two anchors cleaned it up at the end, though. Good for us!

The reasons for more issued permits sounded a bit vague. It sounded as though the sheriff suddenly "saw the light" and began to issue more liberally. They failed to mention how Sac was basically "issue by campaign donation" and not self protection prior to last year. I guess he forgot that whole lawsuit thing.

ETA: Nice plug for the CGF:thumbsup:

Agro
02-14-2011, 8:07 AM
That seemed like a really good press segment for pro CCW to me. No negative things to be said by the media and they stressed how the sheriff mentioned no problems so far, and how people need to be trained.

Nor-Cal
02-14-2011, 10:35 AM
looks like a good segment!

CEDaytonaRydr
02-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Jones said budget cuts to law enforcement agencies may be part of the reason concealed weapons permit applications are on the rise.

Good for you, Sheriff!!!

Any chance he could run for LA county Sheriff? :rolleyes:

haveyourmile
02-14-2011, 1:02 PM
Excellent video! I was one of the ones approved in 2010 :)

Surprised they showed it in a positive and not a negative light. The Brady Bunch makes themselves look like morons again...shocking.

They should have interviewed Gene too, ya know, to get both sides :)

smtimelevi
02-14-2011, 1:24 PM
Hmmm...let me see...which one is my tazer again? :rolleyes:
Its ok he was a BART cop, it was in the line of duty. C'mon give him a break.
That kinda thinking from the big government folks is no suprise. Police are the only folks allowed to defend themselves.
Only the government and its agencies should be allowed to kill people since they are always right.

jb7706
02-14-2011, 3:59 PM
News 10 has been by far the most balanced of any of the major stations in Sac. They have been the most friendly towards us overall. Compare this story with the ones KCRA did in the last couple of weeks, esp. the one with the idiot on the street interviews in front of the main jail.

CSDGuy
02-14-2011, 4:18 PM
I must have mis-posted.

Who decides what training courses are certified, and who is certified to instruct?

CA DOJ? If CA DOJ dictates what training is good enough for LEOs then I'm sure they can dictate what is good enough training for civilians as well.
I'm sure we all agree training is never over.
The issuing authority decides what's acceptable training... and it can vary from County to County.
The reasons for more issued permits sounded a bit vague. It sounded as though the sheriff suddenly "saw the light" and began to issue more liberally. They failed to mention how Sac was basically "issue by campaign donation" and not self protection prior to last year. I guess he forgot that whole lawsuit thing.

ETA: Nice plug for the CGF:thumbsup:
Yes, he did see the light... he just can't say how he found it. It looks very bad to have to admit publicly that things weren't being done properly before...
Excellent video! I was one of the ones approved in 2010 :)

Surprised they showed it in a positive and not a negative light. The Brady Bunch makes themselves look like morons again...shocking.

They should have interviewed Gene too, ya know, to get both sides :)
So was I... And the Brady Bunch makes it sound like (by inference) that CCW holders go out and fight crime every night...as unauthorized crime fighters.
News 10 has been by far the most balanced of any of the major stations in Sac. They have been the most friendly towards us overall. Compare this story with the ones KCRA did in the last couple of weeks, esp. the one with the idiot on the street interviews in front of the main jail.
That KCRA piece was... not good at all. I suspect that they cherry-picked the negative responses.

HowardW56
02-14-2011, 4:39 PM
I didn't see anything negitave there, except that they mentioned the Brady Campain...

RP1911
02-14-2011, 4:45 PM

I'm almost positive he has a gun. DAMHIK

Foriegn power
02-14-2011, 5:27 PM
nice nice video.

jtmkinsd
02-14-2011, 5:55 PM
I'm almost positive he has a gun. DAMHIK

He is either a carrier (this is most likely) or he has done reporting on the process...only someone who knows the process would know they actually emphasize diffusing a situation and/or removing yourself from "imminent harm" without drawing.

Cobrafreak
02-14-2011, 6:02 PM
They also made it appear through McGuiness's quote that the main reason they "allowed" more CCW's is the 120 Sheriffs that were laid off. I'm wondering if they have a kernal of thought that when they rehire 120 new deputies in the future they can start revoking reissuances of CCW permits because "they wont be needed anymore", but we won a lawsuit and they can't do that, right?

kln5
02-14-2011, 6:06 PM
Good news report. They ended the report on a positive.

Pthfndr
02-14-2011, 6:33 PM
Dale Schornack is pro gun ownership and a strong believer in the RKBA. He has always been positive toward that when they air stories about owning firearms.

Saccityammo
02-14-2011, 9:11 PM
At the end of the story it mentioned something about Yolo county and a lawsuit...anymore on that calgunners???

Zak
02-14-2011, 9:28 PM
At the end of the story it mentioned something about Yolo county and a lawsuit...anymore on that calgunners???

http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Sykes_v._McGinness

Sick Boy
02-14-2011, 9:58 PM
Wow, really nice video and article for us that are Pro-2A and CCW!!

Yeah, seems like the male anchor definitely has his CCW.

Hear that Brady, NOT A SINGLE ISSUE WITH CCW PERMIT HOLDERS AND THEIR FIREARMS!!