View Full Version : New FL reciprocity states.

02-13-2011, 6:38 PM
Re posted from flaguns.com . Thanks go out to BangBang (Don).

Florida has signed reciprocity agreements with Iowa, Washington State, and North Dakota.

The new agreement allows all 3 states and Florida to recognize each others CWP's.

This brings the list of states that have established CWP reciprocity with Florida to 35.

WA Reciprocity Site: http://www.atg.wa.gov/page.aspx?id=7772

ND Reciprocity Site....

Here is the Florida State site that lists all states that have reciprocity with Florida....

02-13-2011, 6:46 PM
How recent was this agreement? The USA Carry website has been showing Florida's reciprocity with WA, IA, and ND for a while now.

02-13-2011, 6:48 PM
Not sure. Just showed up on flaguns.com the other day. Could have been out there for a while though. I dont check up on other states unless I am planning on going there for something.

02-13-2011, 6:58 PM
I've read Washington State non residential permits are easy to obtain, I have a FL permit, would it be wise to also get the Washigton even if they have reciprocity? I'm going there in March..

(didn't feel like making a new post, it seems to fit ok in here.)

02-13-2011, 7:10 PM
The only reason I got Utah in addition to Florida is because Florida at the time didnt cover Washington state....and I go to Washington.

Is there any state that Utah covers that Florida now does not?

02-13-2011, 7:12 PM
You can if you want to....some people collect them like expensive trading cards. However, as long as they honor FL Non res permits, you should be fine from a legal standpoint.

Keep in mind, the only thing that designates a FL 'Non resident' permit is the address on the front of it. They dont have a 'Non resident' permit per se, just a permit. Some states (CO) have decided that if you dont live in FL, and have a FL permit, they wont honor it.

I dont remember what it takes to get a WA non res permit either, so take that into consideration.

02-13-2011, 8:18 PM
I've read Washington State non residential permits are easy to obtain

I let my WA permit expire when either my FL or UT became valid there. WA was the easiest to obtain: About $20, a form which took no longer than 3 minutes to fill out, and it arrived in the mail within a week. I'm not sure I even remember them printing me; but I guess they must have...

02-13-2011, 9:39 PM
List of states recognizing a Washington permit.

Note that Florida is shown here not to accept non-res WA permits.

02-14-2011, 7:59 AM
my Utah permit won't be renewed... I'll just go for a Florida and Nevada one next.

Jack L
02-14-2011, 9:03 AM
my Utah permit won't be renewed... I'll just go for a Florida and Nevada one next.

Oregon is a good one if you travel up that way. Then you are covered except Colorado. If Colorado caves in, west of the Rockies will pretty much be open except CA of course.