PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey . . . beacon of stupidity

vantec08
02-13-2011, 6:46 PM
http://www.pgnh.org/count_your_blessings_new_jersey_shows_how_bad_gun_ laws_can_be

tcd511
02-13-2011, 6:57 PM
Well alright......there is one person in New Jersey with a brain.

Window_Seat
02-13-2011, 7:06 PM
We think we have it bad here in CA. Not to give any one tyrant in NJ an idea, but I could only imagine that "stricter gun law" in NJ would mean arresting a person in NJ for simply being a gun owner whose gun is in another state. Even though such a thing could sound like extreme FUD, I could see this actually happening in the very near future, unless multiple organizations get to work there. There would be lots to get done.

Planning is key.

Erik.

EBR Works
02-13-2011, 7:15 PM
I have watched "Jersey Shore" once. Maybe this level of regulation is not unreasonable. ;)

liketoshoot
02-13-2011, 7:23 PM
I have watched "Jersey Shore" once. Maybe this level of regulation is not unreasonable. ;)

:jump:
got to agree there.

SimpleCountryActuary
02-13-2011, 7:32 PM

On the contrary, I say that Evolution should be allowed to take its course, even if its course is down the old porcelin recepticle.

That may not be what Ross Perot was talking about when he bemoaned the "giant sucking sound", but it certainly could refer to Jersey Shore.

Best!

Apocalypsenerd
02-13-2011, 9:39 PM
Hmm, are NJ laws easy pickings for 2A lawyers? Might be a good way to establish precedent.

Paul S
02-13-2011, 10:49 PM
We think we have it bad here in CA. Not to give any one tyrant in NJ an idea, but I could only imagine that "stricter gun law" in NJ would mean arresting a person in NJ for simply being a gun owner whose gun is in another state. Even though such a thing could sound like extreme FUD, I could see this actually happening in the very near future, unless multiple organizations get to work there. There would be lots to get done.

Planning is key.

Erik.

There are certain circumstances under which you must pay a fee to the State of New Jersey when you sell your home and move out of the state. This is over and above normal real estate transactions and fees. New Jersey is a good state to be far away from. Camden, Trenton, Newark....crime capitals all. :(

cdtx2001
02-14-2011, 4:07 AM
NJ seems like a state where criminals have more rights than the law abiding

tonelar
02-14-2011, 4:11 AM
outlaws and politicians ignore the law... so the law abiding are the only ones shackled by it

shy 7th
02-14-2011, 9:33 AM

They should add another question to the 4473 form specifically for NJ residents:

Are you a user of, or addicted to, steriods or any growth hormone, growth stimulant, or suffer from "roid rage" on a regular basis? Y/N

JeepFreak
02-14-2011, 3:05 PM
Wow, that is really disappointing. I am (was?) a huge fan of Chris Christie (Gov. of NJ). He is such a great voice for fiscal conservatism, it's mind-blowing that he is so anti-2A. I sent him an email expressing my immense disappointment.
Thanks for posting this.
Billy

nicki
02-14-2011, 3:18 PM
New Jersey is a "Corrupt State", there was a reason why the "Sapranos" was based in New Jersey.

New Jersey is just slightly better than New York City. New York State is not as horrible, but still needs work.

But the bright side is their laws are so screwed up, that future lawsuits will involve more than just 2 amendment rights and hopefully create court precedents that will set victim disarmament laws back 300 years.

Nicki

mdimeo
02-14-2011, 3:25 PM
Hmm, are NJ laws easy pickings for 2A lawyers? Might be a good way to establish precedent.

One problem with New Jersey lawsuits is New Jersey judges. It's not a good initial target, for the same reason San Diego (Peruta) wasn't.

OleCuss
02-14-2011, 3:41 PM
Wow, that is really disappointing. I am (was?) a huge fan of Chris Christie (Gov. of NJ). He is such a great voice for fiscal conservatism, it's mind-blowing that he is so anti-2A. I sent him an email expressing my immense disappointment.
Thanks for posting this.
Billy

Is he really anti-RKBA? I thought most of those laws went into effect prior to his governorship - and he can't simply revoke them.

That said, I really don't know what his RKBA stance is. He could be a rabid anti-RKBAer or someone who is a great supporter of the RKBA.

I've just not seen good evidence one way or the other. Not saying the evidence is not there - I just haven't seen it.

N6ATF
02-14-2011, 3:57 PM
How much is the salary for NJ Governor? He should make a sizable charity donation to SAF for civil rights suits against NJ.

Window_Seat
02-14-2011, 3:58 PM
On Gov. Christie being anti...

When Gov. Christie was asked on Hannity about the gun laws and the CCW agenda(s), his answer was something to the effect of "we have a very large population, and the Legislature won't allow it, ever".

In reality, the Governor can't do a dang thing about it, except that he could tell his Legislature he's not going to sign a single bill into law until they come up with not only an AB-357 type bill that recognizes every other state's CCW, but also an NRA castle law.

Another big factor is that NJ (along with NY) is a full time Legislature.

Erik.

Wherryj
02-14-2011, 5:29 PM
Well alright......there is one person in New Jersey with a brain.

"New Jersey law makes it a crime to either keep or dispose of a "large capacity magazine." This Catch-22 carries a maximum penalty of 18 months in prison. "

If this statement is true, I have a very strong feeling that the person of whom you speak is most assuredly not the politician who wrote this little gem.

kcbrown
02-14-2011, 5:32 PM
New Jersey? Beacon of stupidity?

Never attribute to stupidity that which can adequately be explained by malice....

Dreaded Claymore
02-14-2011, 8:23 PM
Never attribute to stupidity that which can adequately be explained by malice....

Heinlein's Razor: You're doing it wrong.

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab17/DreadedClaymore/YDIW.jpg

N6ATF
02-14-2011, 9:00 PM
Only if you don't properly cite it as the Inverse of Heinlein's Razor (can only apply to politicians, who wouldn't be in office if they weren't intelligent enough to act dumb and then get away with EVERYTHING).

kcbrown
02-14-2011, 9:00 PM
Heinlein's Razor: You're doing it wrong.

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab17/DreadedClaymore/YDIW.jpg

Such consistent malice in the laws of New Jersey cannot be explained by mere incompetence...

Dreaded Claymore
02-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Only if you don't properly cite it as the Inverse of Heinlein's Razor (can only apply to politicians, who wouldn't be in office if they weren't intelligent enough to act dumb and then get away with EVERYTHING).

Such consistent malice in the laws of New Jersey cannot be explained by mere incompetence...

Yeah, good point. Inverse Heinlein's Razor. :notworthy:

renzoku
02-17-2011, 12:17 AM
I would not be surprised if the next news posting we heard about this went to the tune of:
"New Jersey Columnist sentenced to 10 years of prison for having included the word "gun" in his column. This reporter's trial for the above sentence is scheduled for next Wednesday."

Somebody mail the NJ senators copies of the Constitution!

N6ATF
02-17-2011, 12:40 AM
They have the Constitution custom-printed on their toilet paper at great expense to the taxpayer.

MontClaire
02-17-2011, 12:44 AM
that and jersey shore show:iamwithstupid:

Wherryj
02-17-2011, 9:58 AM
New Jersey? Beacon of stupidity?

Personally I'd vote for malice AND stupidity in this case.

robcoe
02-17-2011, 10:35 AM
It's Jersey, where the stupid was so concentrated it coalesced and created orange skinned forms to walk around and annoy people with.

http://cdn.blogs.sheknows.com/realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/2009/12/jersey-shore-cast.jpg