View Full Version : AR AW/SBR Possible?

02-12-2011, 9:14 AM
If someone in California legally posses an AR-15 lower receiver that was registered as an AW, can you legally apply for an SBR tax stamp to convert the aforementioned lower to an SBR? Any thoughts, suggestions, advice would be appreciated.

02-12-2011, 9:21 AM
You would also need a CA dangerous weapons permit, which is generally unobtanium.

02-12-2011, 9:21 AM
Nope. AW's and SBR's are different animals. For an SBR or SBS you need a dangerous weapons permit from the CADOJ. Those apparently are printed on unobtanium.

EDIT: LOL, looks like Wildhawker and I were on the same page.

02-12-2011, 9:47 AM
you need a dangerous weapons permit

And they don't give those out, because they're dangerous!

02-12-2011, 11:32 AM
the odds of getting a dangerous weapons permit is 1 out of 3,000,000,000,000,000. with that said, there is a chance.

02-12-2011, 11:36 AM
You have a better chance of winning the mega lotto back to back, then getting a Dangerous Weapons Permit.

02-12-2011, 12:18 PM
The only variant theme possible would be a registered AW that has been NFA papered as an AOW (via an NFA trust).