PDA

View Full Version : Mulitiple Replies from subscribed threads

MyMalteseFalcon
02-12-2011, 1:20 AM
Not sure where to post this, if I'm in the wrong place pls let me know. I will delete this thread and post in the correct forum...10x.

Lately in my Yahoo email box, I've been getting two to five replies from threads I am subscribed too. Whom ever replies in that (all that I'm subscribed too) thread, I get flooded with repeat notices that so & so replied to that specific thread that I'm subscribed too.

This has been on going for some time, I thought it's a glitch on Calguns end; that will be corrected. But they still keep coming.

Is this in my settings, or a problem in Calguns?

If it is my settings how do I correct it?

If not my settings; then what can you folks do about it?

Pls let me know as it's frustrating, not to mention time consuming...

Thanks!

Wicked Pete
02-12-2011, 7:42 AM
Welcome. Not sure about the problem you describe. There is a list of Moderators at the bottom of a forum - main page, you can click on their ID and ask them to delete or move the thread. Individual users can edit the "post" but can't move or delete a thread.

Going for my coffee...later.

97F1504RAD
02-12-2011, 9:34 AM
Welcome. Not sure about the problem you describe. There is a list of Moderators at the bottom of a forum - main page, you can click on their ID and ask them to delete or move the thread. Individual users can edit the "post" buy can't move or delete a thread.

Going for my coffee...later.

His issue has nothing to do with moving or deleting threads. What he is saying is that when someone replies to a thread he has subscribed to and he gets an email notification that someone has replied he is not getting just the single notification he is getting up to five or more.

I know his problem because I am having the exact same issue and so are many others and it has been going on for a month or two now.

MyMalteseFalcon
02-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks Wicked Pete, I'll contact a mod directly and see what he/she says.

When you replied to my thread I received 3 identical emails of your reply to what I had posted. This is what I'm talking about...what a pain in the ***.

Thanks again...

MyMalteseFalcon
02-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Yes, thank you for clarifying what I tried to say...That's the problem I am having.

Is there a solution to this issue??? Or are we just whistling Dixie?

Is there a mod working on this? Sounds like a software issue to me...

Thanks for the heads up, so I am not alone in this universe of echos...

His issue has nothing to do with moving or deleting threads. What he is saying is that when someone replies to a thread he has subscribed to and he gets an email notification that someone has replied he is not getting just the single notification he is getting up to five or more.

I know his problem because I am having the exact same issue and so are many others and it has been going on for a month or two now.

97F1504RAD
02-12-2011, 12:43 PM
It was reported a while back I cannot locate that thread but at this point we just have to deal with it. Or turn off the notifications in your User CP

Wicked Pete
02-12-2011, 3:28 PM
Roger, 10-4. Hope it works out.

ke6guj
02-12-2011, 4:35 PM
It was reported a while back I cannot locate that thread but at this point we just have to deal with it. Or turn off the notifications in your User CP

yup, it is a known problem, http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=378098