PDA

View Full Version : PU scope mount.

FatKatMatt
09-13-2006, 9:17 AM
I'm wondering if anyone here knows if I could get a PU style scope mount for my Mosin without spending $300 on an original mount. Thank you to anyone who responds.

footdoc
09-13-2006, 2:28 PM
http://www.gunboards.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=177424

TMC
09-13-2006, 2:29 PM
Check ebay, there's always PU scopes and mounts there. Another opiton is getting a sniper remake (scope w/mount on a rifle) which can be had for less than $400 from Interordance and less from others I'm told.

timmy8151
09-13-2006, 3:36 PM
Check ebay, there's always PU scopes and mounts there. Another opiton is getting a sniper remake (scope w/mount on a rifle) which can be had for less than $400 from Interordance and less from others I'm told.

I think price has lowered down to $350 now. I bought a PU replica from Cole Distributing last year for $400 and was very happy with what I got. I bought a leather lens cap and a canvas scope cover and the rifle looks pretty authentic. I know its a knockoff, but its a good conversation piece and shoots pretty well too.

Pthfndr
09-13-2006, 6:52 PM
The scope AND mount and base, or just the base and mount?

If you just want a repro mount and base the one on the Gunboards link is supposed to be pretty decent.

Please note though: Those mounts, and the K31 scope mount are made in China.

M. Sage
09-13-2006, 7:12 PM

That's ok, considering where the originals were made. :P

FatKatMatt
09-13-2006, 9:30 PM
I'll just mount another scope, all I want is the base so i can still load my Mosin with stripper clips whilst having a decent scope. Thanks to all who responded, btw.

Pthfndr
09-13-2006, 11:05 PM
I'll just mount another scope, all I want is the base so i can still load my Mosin with stripper clips whilst having a decent scope. Thanks to all who responded, btw.

If you want to mount a regular scope with regular rings, vs trying to find a scope that fits the integral rings on the PU mount, you could try and find one of these mounts (like I have, that's available for sale :D )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/Pthfndr/SteelBaseandmountwithintegralrail.jpg

timmy8151
09-14-2006, 4:33 PM
The scope AND mount and base, or just the base and mount?

If you just want a repro mount and base the one on the Gunboards link is supposed to be pretty decent.

If you're replying to my post I bought an entire PU Replica rifle for $400

Pthfndr
09-14-2006, 6:20 PM
If you're replying to my post I bought an entire PU Replica rifle for $400

I was replying to the OP.

On a side note, Cole's website says they're out of stock on the PU sniper replicas. Interordnance still lists them.

FatKatMatt
09-14-2006, 9:40 PM
If you want to mount a regular scope with regular rings, vs trying to find a scope that fits the integral rings on the PU mount, you could try and find one of these mounts (like I have, that's available for sale :D )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/Pthfndr/SteelBaseandmountwithintegralrail.jpg

Intriguing, how much you want for that?

FatKatMatt
09-17-2006, 9:46 PM
or, should I ask, where did you happen to buy that mount? That's exactly the thing I'm looking for

Pthfndr
09-17-2006, 11:47 PM
or, should I ask, where did you happen to buy that mount? That's exactly the thing I'm looking for

Didn't see your previous post asking how much. I sent you an email to the address in your profile.