PDA

View Full Version : AWB Compliance

usctrojan
02-11-2011, 9:15 PM
So I am looking over guns in the Rock River Arms website and they have statements like:

"These are threaded and need to be pinned and welded to be AWB Compliant."

This is in reference to a muzzle break. Why do they need to say this... who are they saying this to (is this a NY thing?)?

On a side note the guy there gave me what I believe to be FUD based on our AW Rifle flow chart. He said that I needed to pin and weld the break for CA compliance (onto a 16 inch threaded barrel) and that I couldn't have a flash suppressor, and that I couldn't have a bayonet lug!!! I am not crazy right... this is FUD!

wildhawker
02-11-2011, 9:27 PM
Even if based on CA laws, I wouldn't call it FUD - more like a misunderstanding they put in writing. If they'd like, a CGF board member or attorney can call and assist them in properly understanding the laws surrounding California "assault weapons".

usctrojan
02-11-2011, 9:29 PM
Even if based on CA laws, I wouldn't call it FUD - more like a misunderstanding they put in writing. If they'd like, a CGF board member or attorney can call and assist them in properly understanding the laws surrounding California "assault weapons".

In fairness the guy was still willing to sell it to me, so I don't think he cares. Considered it my problem to comply with law. A stance I completely agree with.

emcon5
02-11-2011, 9:57 PM
You are assuming the ad copy has been updated since Sept. 13, 2004. As they mention ATF in one of them, I think it is safe to assume they have not.

Grumpyoldretiredcop
02-11-2011, 9:59 PM
Other states have different AW laws as to what is an "evil feature". MA comes to mind. The individual you heard from probably doesn't know the difference between CA AW laws, the now-sunsetted Federal AW Law, and any other state law: probably thinks they're all the same.