PDA

View Full Version : Question about a folding stock for a Mini-14

robcoe
02-11-2011, 11:10 AM
I just picked up a mini-14 and I am considering getting a folding stock for it to use when I am out of state. I know that in California it would have to have a bullet button if the folding stock was on the gun, but I plan on keeping the original featureless stock on the gun while in California.

So the question is, would I be in trouble if I had the mini-14 with the regular stock attached and kept the folding stock off the gun but in the same house.(basically does California consider having the stock with evil features nearby the same as having it on the gun).

It might be paranoia, but in this state I think it's warranted. And yes, I tried the search function and could find nothing helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

stix213
02-11-2011, 11:14 AM
There is no constructive possession in CA law related to AW's. Just make sure you swap stocks before coming back to CA

Capt_Communist
02-11-2011, 11:15 AM
There is no constructive possession in CA law related to AW's. Just make sure you swap stocks before coming back to CA

This

Chron
02-11-2011, 11:15 AM
As long as you keep the folding stock off the gun while your in California your ok.

robcoe
02-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Thanks, just wanted to ask and be sure before I did anything stupid.