PDA

View Full Version : 5150 guns that were not ours?

erinep
02-10-2011, 5:15 PM
My husband is a combat veteran who suffers from PTSD. In early January he was put on a 5150. We had 3 shotguns in the house at the time. We allowed the officers who responded to confiscate the weapons. The 3 shotguns were neither my husbands nor mine. They were his grandfathers. We had them in the house because his grandfather had dropped my husband off after a hunting trip and didn't want to clean them and bring them home. So my husband and I kept them to clean and return back. Well now we no longer have them. It has been one month and finally someone has returned our many phone calls. The aid to the city attorney stated that a petition was put into the court for destruction of the weapons. Is it legal to destroy guns that aren't ours?

LeatherNuts
02-10-2011, 5:29 PM
I am by no means an attorney, but I would think that they would have to contact and talk to the actual owner of the wepaons (i.e. his grandfather) before they could legally destroy anything. If I lent someone my car and they got it impounded and destroyed without my being informed I would hope I could have a field day with a good lawyer. I assume his grandfather is aware of the situation?

Sunday
02-10-2011, 5:30 PM
So you caint have guns if you are prescribes maryjuana?

JSilvoso
02-10-2011, 5:34 PM
I would strongly suggest you contact an attorney; failure to do so may result in the destruction of the firearms.