View Full Version : AR build

02-10-2011, 7:42 AM
Hi guys im looking to build my first AR and have a question regarding uppers? Im a lefty and I have been looking at the STAG upper for lefties. I was wondering if the lefty upper makes that big of a difference, or should I go with a different upper. Just curious if anyone has any input about STAG uppers.

02-10-2011, 8:52 AM
My buddy has a lefty M4, nice quality upper, though kind of goofy to look at.

The ejection port door swings up instead of down so keep that in mind if you plan on an optic. It hits his EOtech 512 (think that's the model number) and doesn't open as wide as it did with just irons. Still functions OK, just hokey, IMO. He also has National Match standard upper that he shoots just fine as well as his M16A2 in the Corps, so you can handle either. You'd probably be fine with a standard upper but a lefty could be a nice option if you have the choice.

My wife has a standard Stag A2 upper, nice as well. I would recommend Stag, good choice for a first AR. You will not be disappointed.

02-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Post your question in the centerfire rifles section. Pretty sure some members will step up and help you out. Welcome to the forums. Enjoy.

02-11-2011, 8:05 AM
Thanks for the input guys.

02-11-2011, 3:36 PM
I LOVE THIS: "It's really their killing potential, the pistol grip allows them to be sprayed randomly. You can kill lots of people without having to reload."

Such a display of strong understanding.