View Full Version : Not so new, just quiet

02-09-2011, 8:31 PM
To be honest I joined this site to look through the classifieds because there were some new guns I was looking for, but have found this site to be so much more. I'm a Marine stationed in this wonderful desert you all have in southern California. I've been having a hell of time trying to read into and through some of what I can only describe as some of the most ridiculously confusing laws I've ever come across, to try and see what I can legally own here. This site has helped me out a lot and I almost feel as though it's safe to step outside with my collection without fear of getting jailed. Thank you all for the information that you post here.

SoCal Bob
02-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Welcome to Calguns and thank you for serving. :patriot: Just remember that most of the laws don't make sense, they were just voted in so that the legislators could use it in their re-election campaigns to show they are tough on crime. :rolleyes:

02-10-2011, 1:21 AM
Enjoy and welcome to the site

02-10-2011, 7:26 AM

Big E
02-10-2011, 8:24 AM
Welcome to Calguns. I love our desert and get out there as much as I can. You can probably agree that a western desert sunrise can be one of the most spectaculr sights anyone can see. Carry on, and enjoy the forum.

02-10-2011, 8:25 AM
Welcome. Come on out to some of our shooting events, and bring some buddies.

02-10-2011, 1:49 PM
welcome to the forum.

Wicked Pete
02-10-2011, 3:22 PM
When I saw your sig, I laughed so hard my gum fell out of my mouth and got caught on my zipper, I have a mess to clean.

I guess you must be talking about the leather Cashews and Walnuts?

02-10-2011, 3:43 PM
Welcome aboard.

02-10-2011, 4:24 PM
Big E: I'm usually working too late or riding too fast to enjoy the sunsets, I'll try loosening my grip on the throttle to take one in next time.

PatriotnMore: I'd like to come out to some of the events, but I'm not knowledgable on the forums enough to know where to look for them just yet. I'll keep an eye out though, thanks. (build parties interest me)

Wicked Pete: No cashews or walnuts here man. I was called the name many years ago while getting my ***** chewed and it stuck. I beleive its a cross between "Leatherneck" and "Stinknuts".

Thank you all for the warm welcome, hopefully I've read all the laws correctly and my AK/AR builds won't net me any issues.

02-11-2011, 12:14 AM
Good to have you aboard. Black rifle fever will be sure to follow once you learn about how to make it legal for us Californians. Welcome to the forums, enjoy.

02-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Waiting on delivery of my first one now.

02-16-2011, 9:10 AM
Welcome aboard!