PDA

View Full Version : Benelli Super Nova Max4 HD vs. Max Timber HD

anotherone
09-10-2006, 6:44 PM
I recently purchased a Benelli Super Nova for hunting and it came in Advantage Max 4 HD camo. Should I have purchased it in Advantage Max Timber HD camo? Or does the camo scheme not really matter that much anyways because by the time the Turkey, Duck, or Dove sees the gun it's already too late because the buckshot is pelting them?

-hanko
09-10-2006, 6:58 PM
I recently purchased a Benelli Super Nova for hunting and it came in Advantage Max 4 HD camo. Should I have purchased it in Advantage Max Timber HD camo? Or does the camo scheme not really matter that much anyways because by the time the Turkey, Duck, or Dove sees the gun it's already too late because the buckshot is pelting them?
Turkeys usually see your gun and split before you realize it's happened. I don't think camo makes any difference for waterfowl or dove.

What's your turkey area look like...closer to Max 4 or Max Timber. Usually easier to get a non-camo'd gun and tape it as you need for differing areas.

-hanko

anotherone
09-10-2006, 7:05 PM
Most of the turkey spots I go to have lots of dry grass and open fields which I why I was leaning towards the MAX 4 HD. However, if I am going to hit spots where it's mostly timber I could still wrap up the gun in Timber anyways though right?