PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawk Serpa CQC Holster Problem-P226 Elite

n2k
02-09-2011, 5:24 PM
I just purchased the Blackhawk Serapa CQC Right Handed holster for a Sig P226 Elite. For some reason it doesn't fit in the holster (Does not lock or sit all the way in). Specs show for P226 not P226 Elite.

Has anyone ever seen or had this issue before?

n2k
02-10-2011, 7:43 AM
Bump

Flyin Brian
02-10-2011, 10:39 AM
I just noticed this same issue a few days ago and didn't have time to investigate further. I have a P226E and my wife has a P226 Gadsden. We both have Blackhawk CQC holsters and only 1 of the holsters will accept the Elite. Both holsters are fine with my wife's 226. Upon closer inspection, the only difference I can see is the catch on the lever that holds/releases the trigger guard is thicker on her holster. I just tried it a few more times and if I press the release button while I am inserting the Elite in the holster, I can barely get it to fit but it's still not anywhere near correct.
OK, so now after forcing it in there a few times, I can barely tell which one was giving me trouble ;) Maybe you could try holstering it with the button pushed in a few times and see if it finally locks into place like this one did?

The only other difference I can see is on the backside they have the model number info block molded into different areas... one is at the tip- close to the muzzle and the other is up an inch from the muzzle, closer to the accessory rail and inline with the barrel.

esskay
02-10-2011, 7:51 PM
I don't have a 226R to compare but I could have sworn the 226 Elite's trigger guard extends a little farther forward toward the muzzle than that on a 226. I have a Surefire X200 with a backplate that the previous owner relieved in order to clear the Elite's trigger guard.