PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Do you consider yourself for or against stricter gun legislation?

N6ATF
02-09-2011, 6:21 PM
On "a blog for Ceasefire Oregon - building healthy communities free from gun violence" (against criminals, that is... :rolleyes:)

http://newtrajectory.blogspot.com/2011/02/quick-poll.html?spref=tw

I'd like to get an idea about the philosophy of visitors here: Do you consider yourself for or against stricter gun legislation?
Very much for stricter legislation. 5 (1%)
Somewhat for stricter legislation 1 (0%)
I could go either way. 0 (0%)
Somewhat against stricter legislation. 1 (0%)
Very much against stricter legislation. 460 (98%)
No opinion, but thought I'd like to have my vote counted. 0 (0%)

Votes so far: 467
Days left to vote: 6

Turo
02-09-2011, 6:24 PM
Hehe, voted.

pitchbaby
02-09-2011, 6:43 PM
Voted

Connor P Price
02-09-2011, 7:59 PM
splendid

Tarn_Helm
02-09-2011, 8:08 PM
On "a blog for Ceasefire Oregon - building healthy communities free from gun violence" (against criminals, that is... :rolleyes:)

http://newtrajectory.blogspot.com/2011/02/quick-poll.html?spref=tw

Against.

97% have voted against as of the time I voted.
:D

USMC Amtraker B311
02-09-2011, 8:22 PM
Voted, interesting results...I like 'em!

GOEX FFF
02-09-2011, 8:30 PM
This should be posted at http://www.oregonconcealedcarry.com too.:D

ZenDaddy
02-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Just read a bit of his blog... This guy could really use a few hours of zen at his local range. What a complete douche-bag.

ENTHUSIAST
02-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Voted. :D

killmime1234
02-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Voted. Those numbers are pretty epic. I'm sure the webhost is going to be confused. :D

Syntax Error
02-10-2011, 12:22 AM
http://newtrajectory.blogspot.com/2011/02/results-from-my-quick-poll.html

Looks like someone's a little upset about the results.

The Shadow
02-10-2011, 12:29 AM
Against.

97% have voted against as of the time I voted.
:D

http://www.gotmojo.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/190x/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/M/r/Mr-Burns-Excellent-MF.jpg

InGrAM
02-10-2011, 12:32 AM
voted!

PEBKAC
02-10-2011, 12:48 AM

I have never seen such furious backpedaling in my life. :D

incredablehefey
02-10-2011, 12:50 AM
Baldr Odinson, in the house!! He is following this thread.

ps im not insecure about my gun rights or freedoms i just enjoy messing with people who have nothing better to do with there time than try to jam there "ideas" of peace and love by "building healthy communities free from gun violence" down other peoples throats. Most "anti's" only look at taking guns away from legal, law abiding citizens, why dont you try and come up with an idea of a way of taking illegal guns away from criminals without denying the rest of the population our constitutionally protected rights.

Turo
02-10-2011, 1:30 AM
Just read a bit of his blog... This guy could really use a few hours of zen at his local range. What a complete douche-bag.

Looks like your quote made his backpedaling argument for why his poll didn't show that Americans want someone telling them what to do!

Nice job!

ghostrider4evr
02-10-2011, 1:40 AM
Haha,98%, how awesome.

xenophobe
02-10-2011, 2:05 AM
lol voted.

He's not happy at all.

N6ATF
02-10-2011, 2:27 AM
Sigh... their methods of "reducing gun violence" are infringing the right to self defense into oblivion, so criminals can live in a utopia where their victims are completely powerless. And it's so obvious they know the consequences of their actions, but have to make up infinite amounts of BS to cover for their complicity in countless murders, rapes, maimings, and lesser violent crimes.

SanPedroShooter
02-10-2011, 6:25 AM

See he wasnt asking people about their opinions for or against...
He was testing us...
"...My intention was actually to test the ethics of the pro-gun folks."
ha ha ha, thats a good one, do think he knew his poll would be swamped or did he come up with this on the fly? Its orginal at least...

These guys have an excuse or some whine for and about everydamn thing...

tonelar
02-10-2011, 6:40 AM
98% very much against

NightOwl
02-10-2011, 6:49 AM
The "recommended blogs" to the side are quite interesting as well. I'd respond to them all, except that I don't have time to make myself naseous this morning.

AJAX22
02-10-2011, 8:00 AM
He's reading this thread...

;)

pointedstick
02-10-2011, 8:29 AM
I said:

Wait, what? Let's logic this one out.

1. On an average day, you get ≈ 300 hits.
2. On the day of the poll, you got ≈ 1200 hits.
3. You estimate that the ≈ 900 hit difference came from fraudulent pro-gun forums rather than real readers.
4. That means that 75% of the hits on that day were not representative of your readership.
5. We can also deduce that 75% of the votes for pro-gun positions are fraudulent, too.
6. As of today, there are 736 votes, with only 12 for "want more control"
7. If we assume that 75% of the responses for "against more control" (724) are fraudulent, we can discard 75% of them.
8. The remaining 25% of 724 votes is 181 "genuine" votes against gun control.
9. That leaves us with 12 wanting more control, and 181 wanting less control.
10. That's still only 6.2% wanting more control.

It may not be scientific, but even after you do a reasonable job of scrubbing out the fraudulent votes, the picture doesn't change significantly. Either way you slice it, only 12 people voted for more control. No matter how many fraudulent pro-gun votes were cast for other choices, you can't ignore that fact that "more control" is unbelievably unpopular. The only way your position could possibly win is if fewer than 12 votes were cast for the pro-gun choices, and with a readership of ≈ 300/day, that doesn't seem likely.

Face it, your position is unpopular. But so what? Gun rights were unpopular from the 70s to the 90s, and we persevered because we thought it was the right thing to believe in.

AJAX22
02-10-2011, 8:37 AM
I think he has disabled (or required 'approval') for posting.

silly douche-bag, an open dialog is only for those who agree with you :rolleyes:

GOEX FFF
02-10-2011, 9:50 AM
If you search this guys Facebook there's a lot to be said. :rolleyes:

And I see too he's reading Calguns. :jump:

Maybe he'll look around and join up. :chris:

His comments are also moderated. Typical of the anti loons only approving things they like for them selves. Not only does this guy want to limit 2A rights I'm assuming the 1St from pro 2A folks now too. What a Goon.

Window_Seat
02-10-2011, 10:27 AM
I went to the page but couldn't find the poll.

ETA: The poll was taken down yesterday, and he posted the results. I would have voted "very much against", but if I were him, I would have given an option that said "in favor of reversing gun control".

It seems (and I could be wrong, but it's just an observation I'm starting to make) that a few liberals are beginning to concede the GC agenda.

Erik.

uyoga
02-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Yeah, apparently the results of his poll didn't fit his agenda, so he took it down.

Xanthus
02-10-2011, 11:34 AM
awww I wanted to vote :/

robcoe
02-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Well, I should come clean and admit something. My intention wasn't really to find out what percent of visitors were pro-gun or pro-control (truthfully, I think most are pro-gun since most comments and trackback links come from them). My intention was actually to test the ethics of the pro-gun folks. But I figured I'd give you the chance.

I believe this is what is referred to as "after the fact rationalization".

GOEX FFF
02-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Good Lord, Here's his last reply -

Baldr Odinson said...

Wow, you guys really don't like your true colors showing.

With all this traffic, it's a shame I don't run ads. You guys would have raised a fair penny for Ceasefire Oregon!
February 10, 2011 10:57 AM

So now its a "shame" he didn't make money off of this.
Never let a tragedy go to waste right? These people are so off base its utterly mind blowing. Me thinks he'll go hunting actually hoping for more stories of shootings to post another poll for money. Unbelievable.......

stix213
02-10-2011, 11:59 AM

Gee, I imagine the casual observer would say, "Well, Baldr, you anti-rights, anti-liberty Joyce Foundation shill (to use the not-as-bad terms that others have referred to me as), I guess it's time to give up your futile attempt to advocate for safer gun laws and practices. Get your camo on, go to a gun store, take your 5-minute background check to get your first AR-15 assault rifle and start shootin' up the woods, boy! You're outnumbered! Love 'em or leave 'em!"

Took the words right out of my mouth :p

As others have pointed out even when you assume all hits above his normal numbers were from us, he still had about 92% against gun control. That pretty much means the only people who ever read his blog are pro-gun people even without the poll lol. If I were him I'd feel pretty pathetic right about now, but I am sure math isn't one of his strong points.... seeing that logic obviously isn't

ZenDaddy
02-10-2011, 4:16 PM
Looks like your quote made his backpedaling argument for why his poll didn't show that Americans want someone telling them what to do!

Nice job!

Maybe I should hire Righthaven,LLC to sue him for quoting me out of context?

He wins the official ZenDaddy Douche-Bag O'the day award!

tron18
02-10-2011, 9:25 PM
Yeah, apparently the results of his poll didn't fit his agenda, so he took it down.

lol, what did he expect :p?

Carnivore
02-11-2011, 1:22 AM
So much for lasting a week. 586 against tighter restrictions out of 600....would that be considered a "shellacking"?