PDA

View Full Version : Stack-on safes ????

wbrosha
02-09-2011, 12:31 PM
How are they? I've seen some that look like total POS's and then i've seen some that actually look really nice and at a good price point. I would like some feedback? I need another safe.. but unfortunately cant spend too much? What other options are out there?

j.primo
02-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Snap on makes safes? I thought they only made high end tools.

BANG BANG
02-09-2011, 12:52 PM
Snap on makes safes? I thought they only made high end tools.

Same here, I work in the auto collision business and have never seen a safe in their catalogs

rromeo
02-09-2011, 1:03 PM
Probably means Stack-On.

wbrosha
02-09-2011, 1:03 PM
MY bad guys i was looking at my tools while typing and got mixed up i meant Stack-on!

IntoForever
02-09-2011, 1:10 PM
Stack on are decent. I have one wedged in a closet and bolted on 4 sides. I would opt for something a little more pry bar resistant if it was out in the open. Just don't get the one that's only 12" deep, trust me, the lack of space sucks.

BayAreaShooter
02-09-2011, 2:39 PM
If you me STACK-ON than I would say they will fit the bill. They also make gun cabinets that offer no real protection except from maybe a 10 year old. I would have no problem buying a STACK-ON fireproof safe.

johnny_22
02-09-2011, 3:48 PM
It was a good first safe. My mistake was to get the non-fireproof safe. After reading an article I now know that even in the suburbs minutes from the fire department, 60 minutes should be the minimum fire protection.

Apparently, the 30 minute safes that are so common are working on the average time for response and fire out. With my luck, there will be a above average fire at my home.

I have been looking at the Elite JR. safe at Reed's. The safe looks perfect for my handguns.

http://www.stack-on.com/categories/elite-safes/products/36

Of course, that would mean another 30 minute safe. But, the price is attractive.

wbrosha
02-10-2011, 6:05 PM
I mainly need to for Rifles one thing I am curious about is the clearance on the holder for scoped rifles?

zrock
04-08-2011, 9:41 AM
I just ordered one of the big 45 gun safes . Found it at dicks sporting goods. I will let you know when i put it in . Great price on safe as long as you pick it up your self.

jedininja
04-08-2011, 10:16 AM
I have a Stack On safe They are more lockable gun cabinets than safes. If someone really wanted to steal from it, they can probably get in. But thats not one of my worries. More of a safe place to store my rifles and keep nosy friends and family out. That being said, I think they are good quality for the price. For scopes, they have these extra plastic spacers that you can screw in for rifles with scopes. Works well enough.

WWDHD?
04-09-2011, 11:02 AM
I've seen some of the Stack-on safes at the new Traders Sports in Castro Valley. Some look ok, others not so much. Better than nothing and you can always sell it when you step up to a better safe some day. Just make sure its CA DOJ approved.
I still use my first budget safe to store ammo and everything else goes in the 32x24 Sturdy safe.

paul0660
04-09-2011, 11:10 AM
the cheap ones are called gun cabinets. Better than a poke in the eye, and they are California approved.

Dutch3
04-10-2011, 11:56 AM
the cheap ones are called gun cabinets. Better than a poke in the eye, and they are California approved.

That's the way I look at it. I bought the small Stack-On cabinet and it is built well enough considering the price. Surprisingly solid once bolted to the wall and floor.

I will definitely upgrade to a decent safe at some point, but for now, I have a "DOJ Approved" lockable storage unit in case any of my teenage daughter's friends decides to get nosy.

mswanson223
04-10-2011, 5:54 PM
Ive had two stack-on cabinets. One I still use for my ammo,brass, and whatever. The other one was my a hand me down two in one deal. They work well for price minus the damn keys.