View Full Version : What is the difference between these two safes?

09-10-2006, 9:31 AM

That is the one I was planning on getting

But then, someone posted a link to this one in another thread:

Obviously, the second one is cheaper. They are both Sentry 10-gun safes, but the second one is "Stack-on". What does that mean? Which is better?

EDIT: Whoops, I thought they were both Sentry brand safes.

09-10-2006, 3:20 PM
Sentry is a better know brand of safes. I see them at Turners, Home Depot, Lowes, and Walmart. I've never seen a Stack On safe before. I have the 14 gun Sentry Safe: it's adequate. I'm not impressed with the workmanship. The plastic molding around the combo came off, but a little glue fixed it. You cant expect much in this price range.

Both safes seem to have the same body frame. Perhaps they were made by the same manufacturer? I like the door shelf on the Stack on too. Both seem like great deals. I saw at Pasadena Turners the Sentry Safe for about $100 dollars more.

09-10-2006, 3:49 PM
Stack-on is the "house brand" for their own factory. Stack-on also makes a lot of the name brands on the market. They are the OEM factory. If memory serves, they make safes for Browning as well as others. But Stack-on brand is a lower line... not saying they are bad... just less features but still bult well. The factory does not want to compete with their customers' line.