PDA

View Full Version : Richards v. Prieto UN-Official Update Thread

pitchbaby
02-08-2011, 2:16 PM
I am creating this thread because I have been so busy with work and home improvements over the past 3 weeks that I totally haven't been able to do anything fun like perusing Calguns.

I just for a moment today took a second to see what was happening with the orals on Feb 10 and was just plain lucky to do a search and find a closed thread stating that it had been continued to March 10. Here I made babysitting arrangements, had my wife change her shift, and would have been waiting at the Sacramento federal courthouse if I hadn't taken a moment to breathe and look up the latest.

In this case, all of my thread subscriptions failed because none of the threads that have been created thus far to discuss the Feb 10th event had any info about the continuance to March 10th. So with that... I wish to officially create the UN-Official Richards v. Prieto thread about what to do and expect with the impending oral arguments.

I liked where Paladin was going with the whole mention of rides, events, etc, that might take place because of and or after the event in the thread that has been closed. I welcome any discussion along those lines.

This case is a big deal. Let's keep on top of it and if not with this thread, than let's have the mods create one that we can subscribe to and keep informed about what is happening.

yellowfin
02-08-2011, 2:53 PM
I can summarize it: stall, stall, procedure, wait, wait, procedure, wait, stall, temporary decision, procedure, wait, wait, wait, procedure, stall, respond, stall, stall...we get a weak win the other side can still get away with stuff, wait, wait, procedure, procedure, wait, stall, stall, wait, procedure...

It's like the legal Konami code in ultra slow motion...

Blackhawk556
02-08-2011, 2:55 PM
^^^^I think you forgot a stall somewhere in the middle

N6ATF
02-08-2011, 3:34 PM
LMFAO!

krucam
02-08-2011, 4:26 PM
Those of us following these cases, and feeling strongly towards them...we're an impatient bunch, I guess.

Take that "2 weeks" and....

Luieburger
02-08-2011, 4:29 PM
http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Sykes_v._McGinness

That's all there is to know really.

BlindRacer
02-08-2011, 4:45 PM
I can summarize it: stall, stall, procedure, wait, wait, procedure, wait, stall, temporary decision, procedure, wait, wait, wait, procedure, stall, respond, stall, stall...we get a weak win the other side can still get away with stuff, wait, wait, procedure, procedure, wait, stall, stall, wait, procedure...

It's like the legal Konami code in ultra slow motion...

I don't know how, but you always have sig worthy posts.

pitchbaby
02-08-2011, 5:06 PM
http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Sykes_v._McGinness

That's all there is to know really.

The wiki is fine, but the point of subscribing to a thread is to get the updates. Nordyke has several threads that are frequently used, but for some reason, this case has somehow fallen through the cracks in terms of updates to the threads that currently have been started for it.

Purple K
02-09-2011, 4:25 AM
With Richards stalled until next month, the Birdt case in Los Angeles may move ahead of our case. Hopefully Birdt's case will get delayed too. A bad ruling in the Birdt case could hurt the Richards case.