PDA

View Full Version : Roberti-Roos registration question

Veritas_223
09-08-2006, 2:22 PM
Just got back from lunch with some former workers at Dave and Busters. We talked about going shooting and the current state of OLLs..One guy, said was glad he registered his Colt-AR15 back in 1991 under the Roberti-Roos law and did not have to do the whole OLL thing.. I asked him if he also did the 2000 registration..He said "what, there was 2000 registration?". I told him to check out Calguns and the CA DOJ site..

Is he cool/legal or should I tell him to destroy or turn in his Colt lower and get an OLL?

AYEAREFIFTEEN
09-08-2006, 2:28 PM
He should be fine. I've never heard of someone having to register an assult riffle twice. (Both in 91 and 99) If it wasn't registered in 91 it sure couldn't be registered in 99.

mailman
09-08-2006, 2:31 PM
Just got back from lunch with some former workers at Dave and Busters. We talked about going shooting and the current state of OLLs..One guy, said was glad he registered his Colt-AR15 back in 1991 under the Roberti-Roos law and did not have to do the whole OLL thing.. I asked him if he also did the 2000 registration..He said "what, there was 2000 registration?". I told him to check out Calguns and the CA DOJ site..

Is he cool/legal or should I tell him to destroy or turn in his Colt lower and get an OLL?

I was just their, the one in Milpitas?

artherd
09-08-2006, 10:24 PM
He should be fine. He should confirm with DOJ that the AW was properly registered, and that their database properly reflects it. (and he should retian a copy just in case.)

Veritas_223
09-11-2006, 4:18 PM
Thanks Guys! I will let my friend pass the word to the guy..