PDA

View Full Version : Firearms Shop in East Bay (Dublin, CA) Just Got Shut Down?

forynot
02-08-2011, 7:07 AM
Just wondering if any one has heard anything about this or just more FUD. I received this as a PM from a CG Member

Just FYI. I have limited info but one of the firearms shops here in East Bay (Dublin, CA) just got shut down. The owner and his wife got arrested for selling stripped AR lowers. I donít know the details but apparently from the little I know DOJ is considering stripped lowers as assault weapons.

Again I donít know details and there maybe more to it but the info came from someone that was reliable.

choprzrul
02-08-2011, 7:09 AM
Has the Harris era begun?

CpuFixrMan
02-08-2011, 7:50 AM
Hmmm highly likely this is bogus. Something like that would probably be big news in a small community like the Tri-Valley area, but I've heard nothing. Only one place I can see that sells guns in Dublin and unless my Google-Fu is rusty, they aren't in the news.

Experimentalist
02-08-2011, 8:04 AM
... The owner and his wife got arrested for selling stripped AR lowers. I donít know the details but apparently from the little I know DOJ is considering stripped lowers as assault weapons...

BS, strong message follows.

I don't know whether the shop has been shut down, but being prosecuted for selling stripped off-list lowers? That, I am confident, is false.

The CalGunner who sent this PM is either grossly ignorant, or deliberately spreading false information. The former is forgivable, the later not so much.

hossb7
02-08-2011, 8:14 AM
Who sent the message?

Olav
02-08-2011, 8:39 AM
There are only four FFL Holders (http://www.gunetools.com/gunetools/fflfinder?q=Dublin%2C+CA&Items=city) in Dublin and they seem o.k. according to the FFL eZCheck.

lugar
02-08-2011, 8:41 AM
Probably FUD. The great Amicus Brown would never allow this.

Gray Peterson
02-08-2011, 8:42 AM
Just wondering if any one has heard anything about this or just more FUD. I received this as a PM from a CG Member

Just FYI. I have limited info but one of the firearms shops here in East Bay (Dublin, CA) just got shut down. The owner and his wife got arrested for selling stripped AR lowers. I donít know the details but apparently from the little I know DOJ is considering stripped lowers as assault weapons.

Again I donít know details and there maybe more to it but the info came from someone that was reliable.

Contact the member back and ask them for a specific name of the shop. Until we know this info, it's FUD.

M1A Rifleman
02-08-2011, 8:55 AM
Assuming this is the shop near America Tire and within the strip mall near the indian grocery in Dublin, it was closed up two weekends ago when I went by. I did not read the notices on the door, but they had contact numbers for questions etc. I assumed the guy went out of business, as it was an odd place and location.

FS00008
02-08-2011, 9:03 AM
DKaG, the owner's an idiot. @the OP, stripped lowers are not a cause for arrest or being shut down. Whoever sent you that message is full of bulldookey. I'd not be surprised if the DKaG owner did get his shop shut down for paperwork issues though, he's really dumb.

thempopresense
02-08-2011, 9:27 AM
Assuming this is the shop near America Tire and within the strip mall near the indian grocery in Dublin, it was closed up two weekends ago when I went by. I did not read the notices on the door, but they had contact numbers for questions etc. I assumed the guy went out of business, as it was an odd place and location.

I had been in there a few times browsing around while my tires were getting rotated at America's tire co. One of the last times I was in there (about 2-3 months ago), I heard the owner on the phone apologizing to his creditors, and promising payments by the end of the week. Maybe everything caught up to him.

A lot of the NEW firearms they had in the display cases looked well handled, and they were still asking top dollar for 1911's with scratches down the slide.

Not trying to spread fud, just telling my opinion from the few times I had been in there.

M1A Rifleman
02-08-2011, 10:56 AM
A lot of the NEW firearms they had in the display cases looked well handled, and they were still asking top dollar for 1911's with scratches down the slide.

THIS is what I meant by odd. When I was in there once looking at surplus ammo the guy proceeded to tell me the POF (Pakistani) 9mm ammo was used by the US Military because it was supper hot deadly stuff.:rolleyes:

bwiese
02-08-2011, 12:21 PM
We're aware of the situation.

After initial dredging thru things it appears not to be related to simple OLL receiver possession.

However, one should NOT assume anything - given budget/staffing vagaries, the DOJ guys involved
could be non-gun narco guys rotated into inspection duties, etc.

-Bill

BayAreaShooter
02-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Well if your information is true and it just so happens to be Dublin Knives and Guns I can not say I am surprised in any way. I swore I would never step foot in the place a while back but broke my own rule. After my last visit it is now set in stone that if it was the last gun shop on earth I would not be caught dead their. Here is why.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=389686

Joe
02-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Interesting. Especially after Bwiese's comment.

m1aowner
02-08-2011, 1:27 PM
I don't think the place reopened after the robbery.

BayAreaShooter
02-08-2011, 2:18 PM
I don't think the place reopened after the robbery.

It did in fact because I was their a few weeks ago. It was closed down for a few weeks for new security measures.

lazyworm
02-08-2011, 2:40 PM
I think, at a minimum, the shop has money problem.
When I was there few weeks back, they just stopped taking credit
cards and went cash only.

m1aowner
02-08-2011, 3:02 PM
I think, at a minimum, the shop has money problem.
When I was there few weeks back, they just stopped taking credit
cards and went cash only.

Really? You'd think with Dublin PD and the Alameda County Sheriffs training center down the street, he'd be able to tap into those dollars.

Mr.Pickles
02-08-2011, 3:16 PM
damn and my HSC just got a tumble in the washer and dryer. I also just called and apparently they are still open. They are trash. He tried to charge a restocking fee on a gun I asked him to get, which he could never find after a couple weeks(styer M-40). I think I just might retake the HSC at Bullseye down the street from me here in Castro Valley.

Falconis
02-08-2011, 3:40 PM
I saw the shop opened last week, but like many of you won't shop there if there is another option available. Even if it's 50 miles away or further. I think the thing that got me was him charging premium prices on stripped belt fed .308 ammo about 2 years ago. Only thing that interested me in the store, when i stopped in while my car was getting new tires, was the GSG 5.

Saigon1965
02-08-2011, 5:41 PM
The owner is a piece of work - I am actually glad if indeed he's closed - Now lets get someone with business sense to buy and re-open -

BroncoBob
02-08-2011, 7:23 PM
The owner is a piece of work - I am actually glad if indeed he's closed - Now lets get someone with business sense to buy and re-open -

Now if Lon says the guy is a piece of work, best believe it

FS00008
02-08-2011, 7:38 PM
The guy is a piece of work. I never understood how he could afford to drive a semi-recent M3 (Late E46) and NEVER be at the shop...

MrBry
02-11-2011, 9:44 AM
My understanding is that the main gun shop in Dublin was purchased by a peace officer along with two other stores with the of same name in San Rafel and Reno NV. Due to his making these into a "corporation" the individual FFL's were being combined into one and that there was a substantial wait while the application was being processed. During this time the stores would have reduced hours and could not sell or transfer fire arms. When the new FFL is in place, the stores will return to normal operation.

I can't say this is 100% fact but this was relayed to me by the person working the store last week when I was in there and asked about them not having any inventory.

BayAreaShooter
02-11-2011, 2:00 PM
My understanding is that the main gun shop in Dublin was purchased by a peace officer along with two other stores with the of same name in San Rafel and Reno NV. Due to his making these into a "corporation" the individual FFL's were being combined into one and that there was a substantial wait while the application was being processed. During this time the stores would have reduced hours and could not sell or transfer fire arms. When the new FFL is in place, the stores will return to normal operation.

I can't say this is 100% fact but this was relayed to me by the person working the store last week when I was in there and asked about them not having any inventory.

Damn I was hoping they were shut down. :mad:

Soldier415
02-11-2011, 2:11 PM

Wow, quite the jumble above.

Dublin Guns and Knives is not associated with Bullseye, nor was Bullseye purchased by a peace officer.

Bullseye became a corporation late last year, and as a result we are in the final stages of a license change which has affected the ability of the California stores to sell and transfer firearms.

Saigon1965
02-11-2011, 2:18 PM
I don't think there will be another business at that location - The landlord wants the space back so the neighboring store can add on -

Soldier - The poster was on it for the most part though -

Soldier415
02-11-2011, 2:28 PM
I don't think there will be another business at that location - The landlord wants the space back so the neighboring store can add on -

Soldier - The poster was on it for the most part though -
True, just a few key distinctions. Bullseye is seperate from DGaK, and we were not purchased by an LEO.

BigDogatPlay
02-11-2011, 2:40 PM
Also, Bullseye's store in the east bay is in Castro Valley, which ain't exactly Dublin.

:D

elSquid
06-04-2011, 5:07 PM
( bumping semi old thread )

I live in the area and drive past the place every now and again...I'm curious if this store is still operating?

I drove past this afternoon, the lights were off. Saw the same thing a couple of Saturdays ago. In the last couple of months, I don't think I've ever seen it be open.

?

-- Michael

Saigon1965
06-04-2011, 5:20 PM
They're still around - Nothing regular with operation hours though - Some friends stopped off there last Friday and lucked out that they were open -

( bumping semi old thread )

I live in the area and drive past the place every now and again...I'm curious if this store is still operating?

I drove past this afternoon, the lights were off. Saw the same thing a couple of Saturdays ago. In the last couple of months, I don't think I've ever seen it be open.

?

-- Michael

PolishMike
06-04-2011, 5:26 PM
Wow,

If you don't know what you are talking about then don't speculate. This thread is full of so much fail.

Saigon1965
06-04-2011, 5:29 PM
How Mike?

Wow,

If you don't know what you are talking about then don't speculate. This thread is full of so much fail.

elSquid
06-04-2011, 5:31 PM
They're still around - Nothing regular with operation hours though - Some friends stopped off there last Friday and lucked out that they were open -

They reduced their posted hours, but aren't even around consistently for those...that's not going to help much with making sales. :shrug:

Thanks for the response!

-- Michael