PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Cap Magazine Possession Question

jufam44
02-07-2011, 7:13 PM
Hello All,

I know the Hi-Cap legality issue has been brought up a few times, but my question is this: If you legally possessed a 30-round magazine for an AR prior to 2000, is there anything that would prohibit you from transporting it, loaded with 30 rounds of .223 but not in the firearm, for use on a featureless rifle?

Best
-Max

HowardW56
02-07-2011, 7:14 PM
NOPE

jtmkinsd
02-07-2011, 7:57 PM
Hello All,

I know the Hi-Cap legality issue has been brought up a few times, but my question is this: If you legally possessed a 30-round magazine for an AR prior to 2000, is there anything that would prohibit you from transporting it, loaded with 30 rounds of .223 but not in the firearm, for use on a featureless rifle?

Best
-Max

You know this with a Feb 2011 join date? And it would seem in every thread, that very question was asked and answered.

Very strange. :shifty:

Sgt5811
02-07-2011, 7:58 PM
A magazine with ammunition in it is just a fancy piece of metal containing some rounds in a neat package. Nothing illegal there. Nowhere in the california penal code does it reference the transportation of loaded magazines.

Big-Bob
02-07-2011, 8:00 PM
Would you have to provide any paperwork on the magazine if you were to be stopped by leo if you got the mag before the ban?

Sniper3142
02-07-2011, 8:04 PM
Would you have to provide any paperwork on the magazine if you were to be stopped by leo if you got the mag before the ban?

NO.

Possession is LEGAL and like all other things legal, it doesn't have to be proved.

If someone suspects you of committing a crime, they have to prove you did it, not the other way around.

Exile Machine
02-07-2011, 8:05 PM
New calgunners -- the thread at this link is required reading on CA magazine laws, please read and grok its fullness:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=124709

-Mark

stix213
02-07-2011, 8:10 PM
Hello All,

Best
-Max

It would probably be best not to have it in your car as you drive to a Reno gun show, buy a mag there, leave the new mag with a friend, leave the receipt next to your old mag in your cup holder, and get pulled over for speeding just past the state line when coming back :p

Other than that....

jtmkinsd
02-07-2011, 8:13 PM

Silence is your friend. Do not give information to law enforcement. Anything you say can and will be used against you. You have the absolute right to speak to an attorney before ANY questioning.

Sgt5811
02-07-2011, 9:07 PM
Did he say grok?