PDA

View Full Version : 2nd news from MD

vantec08
02-07-2011, 3:36 AM
http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/news/local/state-laws-on-handgun-permits-spark-debate-among-legislature-residents/article_785af6ca-318f-11e0-8592-001cc4c03286.html

looks like Maryland is edging closer

press1280
02-07-2011, 3:57 AM
http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/news/local/state-laws-on-handgun-permits-spark-debate-among-legislature-residents/article_785af6ca-318f-11e0-8592-001cc4c03286.html

looks like Maryland is edging closer

This will be blocked, most probably in committee. They also have a regular shall-issue bill for MD as well.Same deal with that,unfortunately. The Wollard case will take care of the problem.
Article was pretty fair though, although I wish they would have pointed out that 40+ states are shall-issue.They only mentioned the states on the extremes(No CCWs-WI,IL) and no permit required CCW(VT,AK,AZ).

rromeo
02-07-2011, 5:08 AM
I don't go to Maryland often, but sometimes drive through. It would make things easier for me if they gave reciprocity.

Shiboleth
02-07-2011, 5:21 AM
Delity became involved with the organization after her brother, an FBI agent, was shot and killed 16 years ago while working in a D.C. police station.

It's telling that so many of the antis at the front of their movement were driven to their stance by a personal loss involving guns. In their attempt to engender empathy for themselves that they hope will translate to support for their stance, they admit that they hold their beliefs not due to a well reasoned and fact based view, but on emotional response to personal tragedy.

zukieast
02-07-2011, 5:30 AM
I am a former MD resident and can pretty much say there there is no way in hell carry permits will make it out of committe to the floor. There has been a carry bill introduced almost every year for as long as I can remember.

MD like CA suffers from 3 regions of dense populations who carry the state to the left. While the majority of the state is rural/agricultural does not have enough votes to outweigh those jurisdictions.

However, I would say the MD is a much friendlier gun state than CA. You can own Machine Guns and Silencers there, and Assault weapons with no registration.

They have 10rd magazine ban. But it only forbids dealers from selling them. It is not a crime to own them, or have it in a gun you bought with only 10 rounds.

I still keep my "Listed" AR's there along with my MP5 and suppressors.

lbos
02-07-2011, 1:16 PM
No registration on AWs in MD? didnt know that.