PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster ACR

seanookie
02-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Hello Riflegear folks,

I had a few quick questions I hoped you could help me with:

1) I'm seriously considering a Bushy ACR or a FN SCAR 16S. Do you have a preference?
2) Do you have any ACR Enhanced-config Brown guns in stock?
3) Do you stock the FN SCAR 17S in .308?
4) I'm considering a future move to Las Vegas. How easy is the removal of the Bullet Button? Is it a standard AR part? How easy is returning the stock to a folding configuration?

Thanks so much!

shark92651
02-07-2011, 2:08 PM
1) My personal preference is the FN SCAR. I like the lighter weight and better balance.
2) Only in black right now.
3) When we can get them in, but they are few and far between.
4) It's not difficult at all, just need some common hand tools.

dcrew1x
04-09-2011, 11:59 PM
I have a few questions as well since I plan on purchasing an ACR or FN Scar from you guys.

1) Has bushmaster released the 6.8mm barrel for the ACR, and if not, do you guys know when? If it's already been released, do you guys keep that in stock or allow special ordering and what would be a ballpark on pricing?

2) If I were to purchase the enhanced configuration, what do you guys do exactly to the stock to make it fixed instead of folding? replace it altogether or just add a screw? Is there a way to add a compensator or muzzle break to lengthen the barrel instead of messing with the folding options of the stock?

3) If I were to purchase the scar, it would def be the 17S version firing 7.62 rounds. Do you guys keep that in stock or can we special order that version?

shark92651
04-13-2011, 9:12 PM
1) Not released yet to my knowledge.

2) We now have a product from RaddLock that prevents the stock from folding, it is completely reversible. Yes, you can add a long flash-hider although I do not recommend that approach as it makes your firearm excessively long when the stock is extended - which is the way you are going to be shooting it anyway. There is no point in a folding stock in CA.

3) It is impossible to keep a SCAR 17 in stock anywhere right now unless the price is ridiculously high.

dcrew1x
04-13-2011, 11:23 PM
thanks for the reply!

seanookie
04-26-2011, 11:13 PM
Only 3 more days on my DROS! Can't wait to get my hands on that SCAR! Thanks Riflegear.

dcrew1x
04-26-2011, 11:41 PM
Only 3 more days on my DROS! Can't wait to get my hands on that SCAR! Thanks Riflegear.

congrats! did you get a scar 16 or 17s?

seanookie
05-03-2011, 8:39 PM
Thanks for tall the help Riflegear. I love my 16S in FDE. Now all I need is her big sister, a 17S.