PDA

View Full Version : ! Sen. Dianne Feinstein letter to the President anti gun !

Jack L
02-05-2011, 6:04 AM
On Tuesday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) sent a letter to President Barack Obama, urging him to have the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives review its interpretation of the federal law that provides for the importation of firearms "generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes." Adopting a narrower interpretation of the law would, Feinstein claimed, help reduce violence in Mexico and the United States.

Letter is here;

http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=NewsRoom.PressReleases&ContentRecord_id=e1da8200-5056-8059-766c-e323f139589b

SanPedroShooter
02-05-2011, 6:13 AM
F her and her letter. She's got to be about a hundred by now, maybe she'll die before she can cause any more damage. She always stuck me as being particulary nasty because she actually seems to grasp some of the more implementable ways of inacting gun control, unlike so many other law makers who are way off in left field and write bills that cant possibly pass. Why make a law when you can just ban things administratively??

Norcal Industries
02-05-2011, 6:14 AM
god i hate that b!otch.

OleCuss
02-05-2011, 6:17 AM
As if Obama needs encouragement?

IIRC, he's already working on banning many kinds of shotguns - including my Mossberg 500A which I've had for years. And understand that the idea isn't that you'll simply not be able to buy them anymore, no, you'll have to be licensed/registered with fees of at least $200 just to keep the thing. Oh, and I think you'd also have to get a letter from the sheriff saying that they're happy for you to own/possess a destructive device.

And it's so easy. All they have to do is to declare that there is no sporting purpose to your shottie and thus classify it as a "destructive device".

yakmon
02-05-2011, 6:26 AM
And it's so easy. All they have to do is to declare that there is no sporting purpose to your shottie and thus classify it as a "destructive device".

50 million duck hunters will disagree with this.

Jack L
02-05-2011, 6:30 AM
I wake this morning to to see Sen. Dianne Feinstein is trying to persuade Obama to basically stop imports of rifles, or most of them anyway. This is getting serious. The anti gun politicians are starting to rear their ugly heads way too often. I wonder if the NRA could or would be interested in organizing a massive million man/woman march on Washington DC? Maybe a two million man/woman march on Washington? Politicians live in a bubble and we don't. Our world is a very different place than the well protected and well healed world of the politicians. It's getting time for a massive blow back on the anti rhetoric. Also, why are you and I being penalized for Mexico's failures? I see that is one of the reasons for this letter to Obama. That's a real serious infringement on our rights. Another country causes us to lose our choice of rifles?

OleCuss
02-05-2011, 6:59 AM
50 million duck hunters will disagree with this.

OK, I did not really frame what I said properly. Your typical single shot, double-barrel, or pump action likely would not be re-classified. But pistol grip shotties (like my Mossberg 500A), semi-automatics, and the like may very well be reclassified as "Destructive Devices" and effectively banned.

xr650r
02-05-2011, 7:06 AM
Fortunately, stopping the importation of long guns will boost the sales of our own USA made counterparts.

Unfortunately, they'll go after those on the next pass.

"Shall not be infringed" <--huh?

Skullster
02-05-2011, 7:08 AM
OK, I did not really frame what I said properly. Your typical single shot, double-barrel, or pump action likely would not be re-classified. But pistol grip shotties (like my Mossberg 500A), semi-automatics, and the like may very well be reclassified as "Destructive Devices" and effectively banned.

I have a pistol grip Mossberg 500 and if it were to be banned I would get a proper stock for it, just to remain law abiding.

The last two words of your statement (effectively banned) got me thinking. Perhaps we could find a way to EFFECTIVELY BAN asinine politicians? Besides simply voting em out of office. Any suggestions?

PatriotnMore
02-05-2011, 7:11 AM
I would expect nothing less from her, or Boxer and I would expect nothing less than the voters of this State, continuing to place people just like her in that office. We are surrounded by these like minded people in this State, and some even participate on this board.

FatalKitty
02-05-2011, 7:13 AM
I have a pistol grip Mossberg 500 and if it were to be banned I would get a proper stock for it, just to remain law abiding.

The last two words of your statement (effectively banned) got me thinking. Perhaps we could find a way to EFFECTIVELY BAN asinine politicians? Besides simply voting em out of office. Any suggestions?

this is impossible in CA

hk404me
02-05-2011, 7:22 AM
How does she (Feinstein) get re-elected??? Ya gotta know Babs Box is going to jump right on this band wagon. The "D" next to her name explains it all. I don't get it.

hk404me

dustoff31
02-05-2011, 7:25 AM
Perhaps we could find a way to EFFECTIVELY BAN asinine politicians? Besides simply voting em out of office. Any suggestions?

The only way to that is to ban asinine voters. And "Those who rob Peter to pay Paul, will always have the support of Paul."

craneman
02-05-2011, 7:26 AM
There is no end to these career California politicians. This woman is a blatant liar, a tyrant, and an eletist. I sometimes think that natural selection moves at a far too slow pace. She is not stupid. However, the dillweed voters in her district obviously are.

Skullster
02-05-2011, 7:30 AM
The only way to that is to ban asinine voters.Duh, point taken.

Porterhouse
02-05-2011, 7:36 AM
I actually think the timing is great for those who support our RKBA. Feinstein is trying to get some face time with the president and the nation with her letter. President Obama on the other hand is doing everything he can to make nice with the GOP, we have a Republican majority in the House and the economy is still in the dumper. Obama would be slitting the throat of perhaps his last change at a decent legacy if he jumped on the Diane train with NO apparent upside. He also has to worry about reelection.

No action on her letter by President Obama will send yet another message to the politicos and we the people...

Brickman
02-05-2011, 7:38 AM
Fortunately, stopping the importation of long guns will boost the sales of our own USA made counterparts.

That is a bright side.

Unfortunately, they'll go afterwards those on the next pass.

So true.

Skidmark
02-05-2011, 7:39 AM
How does she (Feinstein) get re-elected???She wins because Republicans allow their primaries to be dominated by race-to-the-right reactionary conservatives, and their resulting candidates are rejected by voters in the general election.

Porterhouse
02-05-2011, 7:40 AM
I wake this morning to to see Sen. Dianne Feinstein is trying to persuade Obama to basically stop imports of rifles, or most of them anyway. This is getting serious. The anti gun politicians are starting to rear their ugly heads way too often. I wonder if the NRA could or would be interested in organizing a massive million man/woman march on Washington DC? Maybe a two million man/woman march on Washington? Politicians live in a bubble and we don't. Our world is a very different place than the well protected and well healed world of the politicians. It's getting time for a massive blow back on the anti rhetoric. Also, why are you and I being penalized for Mexico's failures? I see that is one of the reasons for this letter to Obama. That's a real serious infringement on our rights. Another country causes us to lose our choice of rifles?
The USA shares equally in that responsibility. It's US citizens that are paying all the money and consuming all the dope that keeps this evil leviathan alive.

Jack L
02-05-2011, 7:41 AM
I actually think the timing is great for those who support our RKBA. Feinstein is trying to get some face time with the president and the nation with her letter. President Obama on the other hand is doing everything he can to make nice with the GOP, we have a Republican majority in the House and the economy is still in the dumper. Obama would be slitting the throat of perhaps his last change at a decent legacy if he jumped on the Diane train with NO apparent upside. He also has to worry about reelection.

No action on her letter by President Obama will send yet another message to the politicos and we the people...

Give the anti's an inch, and they will want a mile. It seems to never end.

The scary thing is if he is reelected, then he has nothing to lose and may go for full on AW bans and who knows what else.

Kharn
02-05-2011, 7:44 AM
Were you expecting to awake this morning to reports that Sen Feinstein had renounced the Bradys and was joining the NRA?

Cali-Shooter
02-05-2011, 7:48 AM
How does she (Feinstein) get re-elected??? Ya gotta know Babs Box is going to jump right on this band wagon. The "D" next to her name explains it all. I don't get it.

hk404me

I can think of many words that that "D" stands for...

FFS, that old bat DiFi is such a festering wound to us citizen gun owners. Too bad blood-sucking vampires like her have a very low chance of being fired from her lofty position as a CA state oppressor.

Skidmark
02-05-2011, 7:51 AM
The USA shares equally in that responsibility. It's US citizens that are paying all the money and consuming all the dope that keeps this evil leviathan alive.

Decriminalizing the drug trade would dramatically reduce the violence currently associated with it.

jpigeon
02-05-2011, 8:06 AM
She's coming up for reelection next year. Maybe this time we can get rid of her.

yakmon
02-05-2011, 8:08 AM
She's coming up for reelection next year. Maybe this time we can get rid of her.

i wouldn't bet money on that. we couldn't get rid of boxer last year.

tonelar
02-05-2011, 8:10 AM
kinda putting the cart before the horse, right? isn't that the basis for the batf's study that spurred this Saiga 12 nonsense?

BunnySlayer
02-05-2011, 8:14 AM
We all know that gun control has nothng to do with public safety. The terms "assault Weapon" and "Sporting Purpose" are designed only to misguide the ignorant or uninformed. As if our founding fathers were so concerned with our future entertainment that they put the second amendment in there next to the first so we could hunt ducks. It's ludicrous and they know it.

Jack L
02-05-2011, 8:17 AM
Were you expecting to awake this morning to reports that Sen Feinstein had renounced the Bradys and was joining the NRA?

I was not expecting to give up any gun imports because Mexico is a failed state. That penalizes us for Mexico's incompetence. They are like Bloomberg, blame everyone but themselves.

If you read the books on the Mexican revolution, Mexico kicked out the USA investing interests and to this day hire German and the French for most their higher tech engineering. They have a grudge against us. They have an over inflated ego and pride and do not use common sense. They had a revolution, kicked out the USA for the most part, blame us for their shortcomings and now cause us to have our rights to buy imports taken away?

That is what bugs me. The politicians here in the USA let the border issue continue to be dealt with in a half assed manor and with the ruling a few days ago concerning the AZ ranch owner who is being sued by illegals, my mind is fully blown.

In the end, 'we' get screwed.

wellerjohn
02-05-2011, 8:21 AM
F her and her letter. She's got to be about a hundred by now, maybe she'll die before she can cause any more damage. She always stuck me as being particulary nasty because she actually seems to grasp some of the more implementable ways of inacting gun control, unlike so many other law makers who are way off in left field and write bills that cant possibly pass. Why make a law when you can just ban things administratively??

We say the same prayers at night :D

chris
02-05-2011, 8:27 AM
How does she (Feinstein) get re-elected???

because the voters in this state aren't smart enough to vote for anyone else.

Skidmark
02-05-2011, 8:28 AM
Guns from Romania take a detour through US on their way to Mexico.

http://www.publicintegrity.org/articles/entry/2857

Mexican gun laws, among the most prohibitive in the world, continue to drive drug dealers and their agents to the United States and its more permissive laws.

U.S. gun laws have been interpreted by federal regulators in a way that affords importers a way around the ban. Foreign guns like the Romanian AKs are shipped into the United States stripped of their military features so they can be treated as sporting guns.

The weapons are then modified by an importer with a few U.S.-made parts, declared to be American-made and shipped through wholesalers to local gun dealers for sale with high-capacity magazines, bayonets and the other trimmings of a bargain assault weapon.

The Obama administration says the process is perfectly legal.

“There is no evidence that rifles entering the country fail to match the description of the weapons authorized for importation on the import permits issued by ATF,” Justice Department spokeswoman Tracy Schmaler said. “To the extent that semiautomatic rifles in non-sporting configuration are going across the Southwest border, they are likely being reconfigured following importation.”

hoffmang
02-05-2011, 8:33 AM
I doubt Obama will take the bait. Even ATF realizes that, in a post Heller world, the second amendment isn't only about sporting. Tightening this too much will lead to it's invalidation.

-Gene

Jack L
02-05-2011, 8:36 AM
Guns from Romania take a detour through US on their way to Mexico.

http://www.publicintegrity.org/articles/entry/2857

Mexican gun laws, among the most prohibitive in the world, continue to drive drug dealers and their agents to the United States and its more permissive laws.

U.S. gun laws have been interpreted by federal regulators in a way that affords importers a way around the ban. Foreign guns like the Romanian AKs are shipped into the United States stripped of their military features so they can be treated as sporting guns.

The weapons are then modified by an importer with a few U.S.-made parts, declared to be American-made and shipped through wholesalers to local gun dealers for sale with high-capacity magazines, bayonets and the other trimmings of a bargain assault weapon.

The Obama administration says the process is perfectly legal.

“There is no evidence that rifles entering the country fail to match the description of the weapons authorized for importation on the import permits issued by ATF,” Justice Department spokeswoman Tracy Schmaler said. “To the extent that semiautomatic rifles in non-sporting configuration are going across the Southwest border, they are likely being reconfigured following importation.”

BTW, the USA also legally ships many arms into Mexico that end up with criminals. That seems to often be left out of articles.

vantec08
02-05-2011, 8:37 AM

hk404me

The majority of CA voters don't want to deal honestly with crime and criminals. I hand it back to "progressives" by telling them that we should ban all paper, pens, computers, and software not exclusively used for journalistic purposes. 1st, 2nd - - - its their own logic.

Ripon83
02-05-2011, 8:42 AM
Yeah wasn't there an article recently about someone selling drug dealers guns that were from the ATF? Maybe fieny should ask Obama to operate his government within the rules instead of changing them.

taloft
02-05-2011, 9:01 AM
..."Those who rob Peter to pay Paul, will always have the support of Paul."And there lies the crux of the problem. Freeloading douchebags that don't want to pull their own weight in this world keep voting for the scum that will continue to give them handouts, not realizing that they are putting the noose around all our necks.:mad:

Gun control has never been about guns, it's always been about control. The problem with Mexico is the Cartels committing murders, not the weapons they use to do so. Does anyone honestly believe that the Cartels will just hang up their hats if all U.S. guns disappeared tomorrow? I think not. This is just another batch of spin to scare the sheeple into reliquishing more rights. Sen. Dianne Feinstein has been using these same tactics for years. Since they've worked so well in the past, she's not about to stop using them now.

Mexico needs to solve it's own problems. Unfortunately, that would require hardening the border on their side. They won't do that for obvious reasons.

Jack L
02-05-2011, 9:13 AM
taloft writes;

"Gun control has never been about guns, it's always been about control."

100% correct at this point in time. It's a giant power trip.

Cali-Shooter
02-05-2011, 9:30 AM
These politicians that want to disarm us down to nothing are no better than the terrorist scum that want us all dead and our nation destroyed in the name of their "Allah."

Same strategy, different method. That's whats at the core of each and every gun-banner, whether they realize it or not.

Jack L
02-05-2011, 9:34 AM
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, old wealthy out of touch woman trying to make decisions for the young in a brave new world.

chiselchst
02-05-2011, 9:37 AM
Feinstein, Boxer & Polosi...I can't believe they are still in office.

Friday, February 04, 2011

On Tuesday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) sent a letter to President Barack Obama, urging him to have the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives review its interpretation of the federal law that provides for the importation of firearms "generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes." Adopting a narrower interpretation of the law would, Feinstein claimed, help reduce violence in Mexico and the United States.

As the Supreme Court said in District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), the Second Amendment protects the right to keep and bear arms primarily for self-defense. This means the "sporting purposes" limitation imposed by the Gun Control Act of 1968 is constitutionally suspect, to put it mildly. What makes matters worse is that BATFE repeatedly misinterprets the law to serve political ends, which is precisely what Feinstein has in mind.

In 1989, under orders from the White House, BATF (as it was then called) disapproved the importation of 43 models of semi-automatic rifles of a type BATF had approved for importation for over 20 years.

To reach that decision, BATF said it recognized that "sporting purposes" included "the traditional sports of target shooting, skeet and trap shooting, and hunting," but limited its interpretation of "target shooting" to "organized marksmanship competition." Next, BATF failed to acknowledge that the most traditional, organized marksmanship shooting competitions in the United States for more than a century -- the NRA National Rifle Championships and the Civilian Marksmanship Program National Rifle Matches, authorized by Congress since 1903, and the hundreds of local, state and regional matches that precede the national events each year -- were dominated by rifles like those BATF prohibited."

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=6207

komifornian
02-05-2011, 9:46 AM
Anybody see this letter from our wonderful congresswoman Dianne Feinstein?

http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=NewsRoom.PressReleases&ContentRecord_id=e1da8200-5056-8059-766c-e323f139589b

What a kook! So sick of legislators that know almost nothing about firearms deciding what is a "sporting" gun and what isn't....

Jack L
02-05-2011, 9:48 AM
Indeed we have. There is a thread already going.

turbogg
02-05-2011, 11:05 AM
I doubt Obama will take the bait. Even ATF realizes that, in a post Heller world, the second amendment isn't only about sporting. Tightening this too much will lead to it's invalidation.

-Gene

I get the gut feeling that the Lib-dems would just love to get their grubby booger hooks on the Constitution and throw it away. Then they can create all the cool socialistic laws they dream about.

Porterhouse
02-05-2011, 11:38 AM
And there lies the crux of the problem. Freeloading douchebags that don't want to pull their own weight in this world keep voting for the scum that will continue to give them handouts, not realizing that they are putting the noose around all our necks.:mad:

Gun control has never been about guns, it's always been about control. The problem with Mexico is the Cartels committing murders, not the weapons they use to do so. Does anyone honestly believe that the Cartels will just hang up their hats if all U.S. guns disappeared tomorrow? I think not. This is just another batch of spin to scare the sheeple into reliquishing more rights. Sen. Dianne Feinstein has been using these same tactics for years. Since they've worked so well in the past, she's not about to stop using them now.

Mexico needs to solve it's own problems. Unfortunately, that would require hardening the border on their side. They won't do that for obvious reasons.

That's nonsense. "Hardening the border on their side" is not going to happen (it hasn't even happened on our side) nor would it be an effective way to deal with the flow of drugs, money and blood.

The root of it ALL is the DEMAND for drugs. Eliminate that and everything else withers away and dies in short order. Toss an unrealistic Band-aid on the problem like "hardening the border on their side" and absolutely nothing happens.

You might start with why there is such a huge demand for drugs in the USA and how that could be reduced, eliminated or at least satisfied in a completely different manner.

jamesob
02-05-2011, 11:45 AM
i'm more worried about the grenades and rpg's the cartels are using, wonder where they are getting them?

Rivers
02-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Why doesn't the NRA go after the GCA 1968 on constitutional grounds? Feinstein admits that this law restricts "non-sport" firearms, directly contrary to SCOTUS' 2A decisions. In other states, they use these older firearms laws to reduce our ability to enjoy our sport and hunting opportunities.

For example, one state back east was jockeying the availability of lands for hunting in wilderness and "primitive" areas. The forestry agency did not allow hunting in otherwise good hunting areas because the noise would disturb hikers and campers. Sound suppressors would offer an effective means to negate the noise issue. Yet the use of sound suppressors is largely illegal due to the NFA. The result is that hunters are not allowed to participate in a legitimate use of public lands, and all shooters risk suffering permanent hearing loss.

Librarian
02-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Venting is cathartic, I hope, and Feinstein has enough anti-gun history and enough Senate seniority that we must pay attention to her.

But really - is anyone surprised by this?

She clearly had her staff work on a means that doesn't require new law, so this plea for more enforcement is a bit more dangerous - fewer hoops to jump through - but that strategy shows how poor the chances for new laws are, in her estimation.

Gun control has been one of DiFi's pet projects, nearly as dear to her as re-election. If she proceeds as if more law isn't going to fly, I read that as an interesting straw in the wind.

kcbrown
02-05-2011, 12:44 PM
I get the gut feeling that the Lib-dems would just love to get their grubby booger hooks on the Constitution and throw it away. Then they can create all the cool socialistic laws they dream about.

What I don't get is why they feel the need to do that here, when the work's already been done for them in the U.K. If they pine for a socialist paradise, they need only move there.

They've already stolen so much of our freedom that there's hardly anything left.

Enough is enough.

OleCuss
02-05-2011, 12:47 PM

-Gene

Your faith in Obama's/ATF's intellect, restraint, and integrity exceed my own rather substantially.

One only need to examine what Obama has done to oil drilling in the Gulf to realize that he really doesn't give a rat's patootie what the courts say if it fits his political agenda.

To put the issue rather poorly but to get the idea across, he put a moratorium on drilling in the Gulf. The courts struck that down so he put another on with slight changes and when they pursued that in court, IIRC, he mooted it just before the court ruled by withdrawing and then putting another moratorium on. Well, the third iteration means that there's going to be a hefty fine which the taxpayer has to pay, but shelling out taxpayer money for his priorities has never seemed to bother Obama so I'd not bet on a policy change in the near future.

So if Obama needs to secure his base or views further firearms regulation to be a core part of his plans you can expect similar games to be played. At this time I consider his intellect and restraint to be questionable and his integrity to be unrecognizable from a Judeo-Christian perspective.

Edit: I think I may have the story about the Gulf drilling off just a bit. Here's a better summary: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-03/u-s-administration-in-contempt-over-gulf-drill-ban-judge-rules.html

jonyg
02-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Lady needs to go. She's been an incumbent for way too long. WAY too long.

kcbrown
02-05-2011, 1:01 PM
Your faith in Obama's/ATF's intellect, restraint, and integrity exceed my own rather substantially.

One only need to examine what Obama has done to oil drilling in the Gulf to realize that he really doesn't give a rat's patootie what the courts say if it fits his political agenda.

To put the issue rather poorly but to get the idea across, he put a moratorium on drilling in the Gulf. The courts struck that down so he put another on with slight changes and when they pursued that in court, IIRC, he mooted it just before the court ruled by withdrawing and then putting another moratorium on. Well, the third iteration means that there's going to be a hefty fine which the taxpayer has to pay, but shelling out taxpayer money for his priorities has never seemed to bother Obama so I'd not bet on a policy change in the near future.

Can't the court explicitly say that Obama can't place such restrictions, fines, etc., on drilling in the Gulf? Surely the court can be made aware of the ineffectiveness of hitting the Obama administration with fines? What prevents the courts from forbidding the administration from restricting drilling in the Gulf?

So if Obama needs to secure his base or views further firearms regulation to be a core part of his plans you can expect similar games to be played. At this time I consider his intellect and restraint to be questionable and his integrity to be unrecognizable from a Judeo-Christian perspective.

As far as I'm concerned, integrity is something that is independent of religion. And Obama doesn't have any regardless of what faith you subscribe to.

gobler
02-05-2011, 1:04 PM
You remember of the Witches of Eastwick...

They were nothing compared to....

DiFi

Babs

and Palosi are......

The Bitc#es of West Coast.. :mad:

SPUTTER
02-05-2011, 1:08 PM
Feinstein CCW's.

Midian
02-05-2011, 1:12 PM
These politicians that want to disarm us down to nothing are no better than the terrorist scum that want us all dead and our nation destroyed in the name of their "Allah."

Same strategy, different method. That's whats at the core of each and every gun-banner, whether they realize it or not.

Sort of. There are no terrorists, that's an imaginary boogey-man, a control mechanism set in place to keep everyone frightened so they agree to draconian "security" measures designed to surveil and control the American populace. If terrorists really existed as they are portrayed in the media, backpacks full of screws and and nails would have been exploding at your neighbourhood starbucks over the last ten years. A Governing body that won't lift a goddamned finger to control it's southern border with a lawless third world toilet while supposedly under the threat of terrorist action from abroad, isn't really taking the threat too seriously...unless they know it's a farce.

Clods like Feinsien are part of that system, part of that anti-liberty, hugely deceptive, self serving and elitist control grid, and that makes her our enemy.

hoffmang
02-05-2011, 1:18 PM

I think you're out of touch with conventional wisdom when The Onion agrees with me (http://www.theonion.com/articles/obama-delivers-whispered-untelevised-speech-on-gun,19068/).

-Gene

Rossi357
02-05-2011, 1:43 PM
I think you're out of touch with conventional wisdom when The Onion agrees with me (http://www.theonion.com/articles/obama-delivers-whispered-untelevised-speech-on-gun,19068/).

-Gene

I clicked on your "onion" link. My Vscan program caught a high level virus.
Thanks

Skidmark
02-05-2011, 1:45 PM

-Gene

That's pretty funny, thanks for the link. :thumbsup:

Falconis
02-05-2011, 2:41 PM
She wins because Republicans allow their primaries to be dominated by race-to-the-right reactionary conservatives, and their resulting candidates are rejected by voters in the general election.

I often wonder how many reasonable people didn't vote in the last election. Boxer won by 800,000ish votes. Just wondering if it would make any difference. That was 4.8 million votes total btw.

OleCuss
02-05-2011, 3:32 PM

-Gene

Thank you! I needed that.

DannyInSoCal
02-05-2011, 3:53 PM
*deleted*

No.

Lots of other ways to express distaste for the Senator.

This is (was) not one of them.

// Librarian

TempleKnight
02-05-2011, 4:04 PM
Why doesn't the NRA go after the GCA 1968 on constitutional grounds? Feinstein admits that this law restricts "non-sport" firearms, directly contrary to SCOTUS' 2A decisions. In other states, they use these older firearms laws to reduce our ability to enjoy our sport and hunting opportunities.

I've wondered about that for the last 42 years. We didn't need "Heller" to tell us that the 2nd Amendment applies to the Feds, but the SCOTUS did say that guns can be used for self defense. That reaffirmed my belief that the
2A is not about duck hunting.

Hogxtz
02-05-2011, 4:06 PM
She is a whackado with an abnormal histeria towards guns, just like Tisdale. Simple as that.

ZombieTactics
02-05-2011, 4:14 PM
It seems that post Heller/McDonald, any restrictions based upon a "sporting purpose" definition are an open invitation for a gigantic class-action suit the like of which has never been seen.

RRangel
02-05-2011, 4:37 PM
The federal law that mandates that imported firearms be for "sporting purposes" is highly questionable today. At a time when we have an incorporated individual RKBA this lady has it backwards. Though with her reputation it's right on que.

Skidmark
02-05-2011, 4:42 PM
No.

Lots of other ways to express distaste for the Senator.

This is (was) not one of them.

// Librarian

No, she doesn't.

It's fine to disagree with her positions on issues, but don't be an a55 about it.

Ford8N
02-05-2011, 4:45 PM
She wins because Republicans allow their primaries to be dominated by race-to-the-right reactionary conservatives, and their resulting candidates are rejected by voters in the general election.

The main problem with the California Republican's is they will not shut up about abortion and what people do in their bedrooms.

fcr
02-05-2011, 4:46 PM
Your vote and reasonable letters to her are better than "cancer to her eyes". I have written many letters to her, she needs to be voted out.

Porterhouse
02-05-2011, 4:47 PM
I sorta hope that Saiga shotguns really take hold in 3-gun competition should there be a future challenge to their "sporting use." I'm also sorry to see the Saigas increasing in price. I was hoping they would become a very common sight. Then again once the hysteria buying erodes, perhaps their prices will plummet.

Cali-Shooter
02-05-2011, 4:48 PM
No, she doesn't.

It's fine to disagree with her positions on issues, but don't be an a55 about it.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion (pending intervention by Kes), but I would agree with Danny, and I don't think he is being an a55 about it.

OleCuss
02-05-2011, 5:26 PM
I think there is a distinction to be made. OK, maybe several distinctions. . .

1. He said she deserved it not that he would attempt to cause it or that he would rejoice if she got it.

2. It adds nothing to the discussion to discuss appropriate illnesses for those who hate liberty. Well, actually it does - it adds to the items our opponents can throw at us. Generally makes it unhelpful.

3. I personally hope to God that nothing physically untoward happens to the body of Feinstein until it is just her time to die of old age. The last thing we need to do is to have her become a more sympathetic figure. As I see it, Rep. Giffords was not particularly prominent until she was shot - and now she will be the darling of the House (assuming that she returns to serve as I think she will). I wish all the enemies of liberty a long and comfortable life and an immediate political and legal destruction.

Edit: Sorry, didn't mean to lump Giffords in with DiFi. Giffords is of far better quality.

Solcat
02-05-2011, 8:50 PM
The main problem with the California Republican's is they will not shut up about abortion and what people do in their bedrooms.

More from the Onion on the problem with the Republican state of mind.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/republicans-vote-to-repeal-obamabacked-bill-that-w,19025/

Legasat
02-05-2011, 10:16 PM
DiFi and her ilk will never stop coming after us.

That is why we need to stay involved!!!

OleCuss
02-06-2011, 6:46 AM
More from the Onion on the problem with the Republican state of mind.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/republicans-vote-to-repeal-obamabacked-bill-that-w,19025/

Pretty funny, but as it turns out I'd actually be voting for repeal of that legislation as described by The Onion.

javalos
02-06-2011, 6:51 AM
What is important is you can sent input to BATFE on reviewing interpretation of the law. From an NRA alert:

NRA members can help right now by sending their comments to the BATFE concerning its working group's proposal to ban the importation of shotguns that have magazines that hold over five rounds, rail systems for lighting devices, adjustable stocks, and other features listed in the group's report.

Comments should be sent to BATFE no later than May 1, 2011, at shotgunstudy@atf.gov, or by fax to (202) 648-9601. Faxed comments may not exceed 5 pages. All comments must include name and mailing address.

Jack L
02-06-2011, 8:15 AM
What is important is you can sent input to BATFE on reviewing interpretation of the law. From an NRA alert:

NRA members can help right now by sending their comments to the BATFE concerning its working group's proposal to ban the importation of shotguns that have magazines that hold over five rounds, rail systems for lighting devices, adjustable stocks, and other features listed in the group's report.

Comments should be sent to BATFE no later than May 1, 2011, at shotgunstudy@atf.gov, or by fax to (202) 648-9601. Faxed comments may not exceed 5 pages. All comments must include name and mailing address.

Thanks

nicki
02-06-2011, 8:49 AM
Let's take a look at who she has run against.

Michael Huffington, he was a "moderate" who dumped 40 million in 1994 and lost.
This is the year the Republicans took the House and Senate.

Tom Campbell, in 2000, another "moderate".

I don't even remember who she ran against in 2006, but she won by over 60 percent.

Unless Di Fi does something to really piss off large groups of "other voters", she will be re elected.

No "High Profile" Republican who has ambitions for any statewide office will run against Di Fi.

Her Senate race rarely even makes the news because truthfully the race has always been predictable.

If the race is out of the news, it is out of people's attention.

The only way Di Fi is going to lose is if she is on the wrong side of public opinion on several issues key issues that cross the political spectrum that Californians do care about.

If I was to run a candidate against Di Fi, I would run on the following issues.

1. Our failed interventionalist foreign policies that are costing us close to 1 trillion dollars per year.

2. Our failed "Homeland Security" which I would tie in with "Border Security".

3. Our non working Immigration policies with a emphasis on real fixes that have a chance of getting passed.

4. Of course there is the issue of the deficit which requires leadership on many levels which Di Fi and the rest of Congress have lacked the balls to deal with. I guess Di has a partial pass on this one.

5. I would attack all prohibitions as effective government subsidies for "organized crime".

6. There will be another proposition for legalization of marijuana which will be better written. The "Pot advocates" were divided on Prop 19, in spite of their divisions they got 46 percent of the vote in an election cycle where "Conservatives" vote in a higher percentage.

Di Fi has been on the wrong side of the issue and many of these people would vote for someone who was on their side for "Pot" even if they were "Pro Gun".

7. Di Fi has been on the Senate Judiciary committee since she became a Senator, so all issues relating to our legal system are fair game.

The bottom line is Di Fi is the poster child for someone who is a AINO(American in Name Only) NASI (Nanny Authoritarian Statist Idiot).

If the candidate can get people to take action rather than just ***** about things, Di could find herself in a jam.

She may be "Popular" in California, but she ain't so popular in the rest of the country.

Nicki

Nicki

lugar
02-06-2011, 8:58 AM
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of" Suzanna Hupp

xXBigJoeXx
02-08-2011, 8:42 AM
every time I hear her name, I vomit :puke:

freedomtools
02-08-2011, 9:58 AM

Letter is here;

I Love it. Let's make guns ever so slightly more expensive for the Mexican drug gangs by trampling on the rights of US citizens.

Or, we could just legalize pot and coke and thereby kill the drug gangs off in one swift bloodless stroke. But that doesn't suit any authoritarian politician's agenda either. Nope, we've got to have Neo-Cons expanding the powers of law enforcement and building up the military, while Neo-Liberals make dumb laws about guns and tax our jobs away. No wonder our citizens take so many drugs.

Bhobbs
02-08-2011, 10:01 AM

-Gene

Is there any plan to invalidate it in the near future? Or is it not a major concern right now?

Porterhouse
02-08-2011, 10:45 AM
It's never OK to shut-up about killing babies for the sake of political expediency.

The other poster was right. Far too often the GOP in CA ends up running marginal, reactionary candidates who have no chance out of the gate.

Porterhouse
02-08-2011, 10:48 AM
I Love it. Let's make guns ever so slightly more expensive for the Mexican drug gangs by trampling on the rights of US citizens.

Or, we could just legalize pot and coke and thereby kill the drug gangs off in one swift bloodless stroke. But that doesn't suit any authoritarian politician's agenda either. Nope, we've got to have Neo-Cons expanding the powers of law enforcement and building up the military, while Neo-Liberals make dumb laws about guns and tax our jobs away. No wonder our citizens take so many drugs.
You'd also have to legalize meth (most of the production went south of the border), other types of speed, crack and ecstasy.

freedomtools
02-08-2011, 1:28 PM
You'd also have to legalize meth (most of the production went south of the border), other types of speed, crack and ecstasy.

crack: coke cooked with baking soda in someone's kitchen. Done. I've had the misfortune of knowing a few crackheads, and they prefer coke when they can get it. Crack was their low-cost option when they couldn't.

meth: also kitchen made. Fine with me, let the tweakers make and take their poison at home without stealing. Legalize it and you'd clean up the crime and clean up the drug itself, as more of them would simply purchase cheap pharmaceutical grade amphetamines.

Other speed: Already legal if you're affluent or have good insurance and a lenient doctor feelgood. Adderall, for instance, has been popular among students and young professionals for some time. Again, if that's their choice I prefer that they can purchase it cheaply and safely without undue violent crime.

MDMA: Used to be a cheap diet pill before it was scheduled. Not an extremely addictive or dangerous drug, as they go.

DEA: expensive and dangerous to our rights.

Skidmark
02-08-2011, 4:24 PM
It's never OK to shut-up about killing babies for the sake of political expediency. Who here supports killing babies? Infanticide is a very serious crime in this country, and I know of no jurisdiction in the state, or the country, that takes it lightly.
The other poster was right. Far too often the GOP in CA ends up running marginal, reactionary candidates who have no chance out of the gate.Why can't the GOP run credible candidates in state-wide elections? I thought Cooley had a very good chance this past election, it still smarts that we lost on that one. Maldonado was also a very reasonable choice.

forgiven
02-09-2011, 4:12 PM
When is that ***** going to die. Maybe she's already dead and is a zombie. I've always thought that she sold her soul to the devil.

Cali-Shooter
02-09-2011, 6:31 PM
When is that ***** going to die. Maybe she's already dead and is a zombie. I've always thought that she sold her soul to the devil.

She'll be in office til the day she dies. And even then, she'll still press on oppressing people's rights even from beyond the grave! She's undead, I tells you... not a shred of a human soul in her...

Barkoff
02-09-2011, 6:57 PM
i wouldn't bet money on that. we couldn't get rid of boxer last year.

Boxer was ripe, our problem was Fiorina was the best we could put up. Fiorina just had snob written all over her.