View Full Version : BLM or other spot near Irvine

02-04-2011, 2:56 PM
Hey all,

I just got back from Front Sight and had a blast! Now since I'm going back very soon, I need a place to shoot where I can draw from concealment and deliver controlled pairs. My local indoor ranges are not about to allow this type of practice shooting. Does anyone know of a place near Irvine or the OC in general where I can go out and throw lead? I have been dry practicing my butt off and want to validate the work. I know if I drive up to the desert I can find some BLM land to shoot on but I would love to stay closer.

Any suggestions are greatly apprisiated!

02-04-2011, 3:06 PM
The BLM land I keep hearing about is way up near Barstow or Victorville (Mojave Desert). For me, I only go to ranges such as Burro Cyn if there is no other choice.

02-04-2011, 3:34 PM
I live in irvine, I know some places like that, but your talking 1.5 to 2 hour drive. If there are some closer I dont know

02-05-2011, 1:32 PM
Thanks everybody! I guess I'm driving a few hours. If anybody has any favorite shooting spots in the 2 hour driving range please pass them along.

Thanks again!

02-05-2011, 1:36 PM
BLM land in Barstow is the best bet. We usually camp out in the desert and shoot a couple of days.